advice how to pay (1 Viewer)

Sep 11, 2016
nottinghamshire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
I am going to Krakow on a stag do that I am organising , I have everyones money for the hotel its £1500, checked with my bank if I pay with debit or credit card they will charge me 2.75% ,so its going to cost me approx. £45 to pay the bill, didn't want to carry the cash .Is there a better way to do it.

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
Electronic bank transfer.
You only need the hotel's sort code and account numbers.
There will probably be an exchange rate charge but you'll get that no matter how you pay.

Riverbankannie

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 11, 2016
Bristol
Funster No
MH
IH 630 RL PVC
Exp
I am going to Krakow on a stag do that I am organising , I have everyones money for the hotel its £1500, checked with my bank if I pay with debit or credit card they will charge me 2.75% ,so its going to cost me approx. £45 to pay the bill, didn't want to carry the cash .Is there a better way to do it.

Electronic bank transfer.
You only need the hotel's sort code and account numbers.
There will probably be an exchange rate charge but you'll get that no matter how you pay.
I think you will find your bank will charge you anyway for an international bank transfer so not much in it.
The best way to avoid credit card charges to to have a card which does not charge a fee. There are some around but probably too late for you to sort out now.
Easiest is to get friends to cough up a small amount each.

Edit. I have got a Moneycorp account. Free to set up and they gave me one free transfer. After that only £5 per transfer so much cheaper than the bank.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back