Advice for storage: Manchester (1 Viewer)

Rusty Pumper

Free Member
Mar 10, 2017
Funster No
Hello Folks,

Circumstances dictate that I need to put my van, a Swift Kontiki 640L in storage for a while whilst I work in Manchester. I've looked at the Cassoa website, and have e mailed the five listed sites,(four Gold and one Silver). Only one (a gold site) has kindly replied. Costs work out at £582 per annum.

I appreciate these are high tech, high security facilities, and you get what you pay for, however are there other viable alternatives? Do you need to be on a gold site? I appreciate it's all about peace of mind.

This will be the first time I've put my van in storage, and need advice from you experienced Funsters about possible alternative locations in or near Manchester (if any). I also would appreciate advice about about what I need to do about preparing my van for storage, please?

Many thanks in advance.

magicsurfbus

Free Member
Oct 11, 2010
NW England
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 1997
Byley Freemans, only a few miles from M6 J18 & 19. J19 has new fast link road to M56/M60 etc. £7.50 a week plus VAT = £468 pa - if they have any spaces available.

Not CASSOA rated but two large sets of gates, one automated with plipper (24/7 access), the other padlocked, CCTV, and people working around the site most of the day. Friendly admin staff.

Spinney Motorcaravans (Swift dealership/servicing) just round the corner.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Rusty Pumper

Rusty Pumper

Free Member
Mar 10, 2017
Funster No
Thanks, @magicsurfbus
I've just fired off an e mail, and will see what's they say.

Much appreciated. Any other tips appreciated if you know the area, or have used this site.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back