Jul 7, 2011
Gloucestershire
Funster No
MH
Auto-Sleeper Lancashire
Exp
New to it all!
Hello All!

We are just about to make the leap from narrowboating to motorhoming. Having been boaters, we are used to the space, toilet, water, etc, etc, so don 't envisage that being a problem. We have visited our local dealer, but they all start to look the same after a while!!

We thought we'd narrowed it down, but came home to measure the drive, just to be on the safe side. Have now found it is a bit shorter than we thought, and what we wanted won't go by 3 ft!!

So, max length we can fit is 6 m. Apart from the Swift Bolero 600 and the Bessacar E510, are there any other 2 berth models we should be considering? My wife isn't keen at all about climbing up and down ladders, and I have definitely decided I want a new one.

Secondly, the vans I have seen only have 1 leisure battery. Is it worth adding a second?

Am sure I will be back with more questions.

Thanks

Bill

chrisgreen

Funster
Jul 26, 2009
england
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
since 2004
only bit of advice i can offer you,if i was going to buy a new one there is only one dealer i would deal with and thats JOHNS CROSS.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

johnson

Free Member
Aug 7, 2009
Hungerford
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
3 years
lots of hightops at 6m
vantage / murvi / wildax / IH
some do come with twin batteries and solar panels not too expensive

Paul

Upvote 0

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
Hi and welcome to the site, second battery and a solar panel would be my advice if you intend wilding. The drop down bed in a Hymer is very comfortable and does make an amazing differance to available space being an A class.

Upvote 0

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
Hi
We had a look at the Hymer 544 just under 6m and a lovely van, brownhills are doing new ones but old model for £50k the new model is £73k so massive saving there is another one just a tad bigger cant remember the model name.

Gerry

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

bernardfeay

Free Member
Nov 18, 2009
Bolton
Funster No
MH
hymer exsis
Exp
10 years
We have a Hymer Exsis 5.5 metres long. We do a lot of wild camping and at least 25000 miles per year. We absolutely love being short. We can park in towns like a car with a slight overhang. We have never had a parking ticket.

If you are going to stay on sites then the length is not a problem but if you want the flexibility to go anywhere then short is best.

Same thing applies to batteries. If you are off to places new each day then no need for extra batteries. If you are parked up in one place for a while then 2 batteries is a good idea.

Upvote 0

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
Well done for measuring the drive in advance.

Some people just buy the van and then find out the van is about 2 metres longer than the space they assured their wife it would fit into. :Blush:

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back