Advice about a new site please (1 Viewer)

Mikey RV

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 7, 2010
Devon
Funster No
MH
Burstner Elegance I821G
Exp
Since 1977
All done all the best for the future. (y)

Oct 12, 2008
Balma (next to Toulouse) France
Funster No
MH
HymerCamp 51Capucine
Exp
Since 2011/owner since 6/03/2014
I have just completed it on the French page . You will find my e-mail address . Please send me yours , as it's easier for me to help with the translation on a Word text. It will also show you where I have changed the translation, and adapted it to the French language.

BTW Bienvenue of course from me too. I tend to sometimes focus on something, and forget to be polite and friendly, and for someone who doesn't know me it could sound a bit harsh!
Good luck for the whole thing! I love Hérault , having spent all my summer holidays as a youngster and later as a Mum there!
It's just next door for me!

Amicalement

Frankie:):cool:

Edit: On my message on the French page I have already made a correction, but my keyboard is rubbish and missed a letter. I have no spell checker (2 languages make it too complicated) so there right spelling is : Gravillonné

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
find a few moments to complete a very short questionnaire .

Had a look, not worth completing.

Price - look at the competition. ACSI discount card almost essential.

How full, how do we know ? Right now many many sites in Spain are full to overflowing. Next week, no idea.

Your spec is good.

WiFi and good bandwidth WiFi is now essential. Everyone lives on the internet now, sites are realising this and are going to fibre.

My pet need is a powerful hot shower, preferably without constantly pressing a button. And toilet paper.

A shop and restaurant is essential to make people feel at home. You could forget the shop if there is a good supermarket very close by. But the bar/restaurant is the focal point of a site.

Locality is also vital, I have just stated we will not return to Bonterra Park because the town is dead in the winter and lacks somewhere to cycle to for a coffee/brandy. Marjal is a classic case of fantastic build quality site ( new ) but nothing worth walking or cycling to, it's near, but not that near to a run down industrial town.

I must confess we are biassed to seaside sites, childhood dictates that walking/cycling along a beach is our preferred location.

OP
OP
MikeinFrance

MikeinFrance

Free Member
Mar 7, 2016
Herault, France
Funster No
MH
Site owner
Exp
Price - look at the competition. ACSI discount card almost essential.
Thanks for your comments. There is no competition, people who want real quality will pay for it. ACSI charge punitive rates to site owners, one reason why so many are closing.

regards
Mike

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
people who want real quality will pay for it.

That's a hell of an assumption to make in a business plan.

You may well be correct but the majority of those people will expect to see some evidence of the quality and service, in the form of reviews, before being willing to pay top money.

Trying to enter the at the top of the market with no reputation behind you requires balls of steel.

Hollyberry

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2011
New Forest.
Funster No
MH
None.
Exp
4yrs
Questionnaire completed, displayed perfectly on iPad.
Glad you make dogs welcome and good luck with your venture.
:welcome4:

OP
OP
MikeinFrance

MikeinFrance

Free Member
Mar 7, 2016
Herault, France
Funster No
MH
Site owner
Exp
Hi Nick,
Not an assumption, valid evidence of demand carefully researched including some from this forum. Press and other publicity/marketing already planned for nearer our launch date. Also see your signature ;)

Clang, clang

Mike

Gellyneck

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 5, 2014
Scotland
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
More than toes wet now!
:WelcomeFlag:
Questionnaire completed.
Best of luck if you do proceed with your venture.

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
Hi Nick,
Not an assumption, valid evidence of demand carefully researched including some from this forum. Press and other publicity/marketing already planned for nearer our launch date. Also see your signature ;)

Clang, clang

Mike

Good luck with it (y)

After it's been open for a while if the reviews suggest it's as good as you hope it will be maybe we'll come and see you :D(y)

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Thanks for your comments. There is no competition, people who want real quality will pay for it. ACSI charge punitive rates to site owners, one reason why so many are closing.

regards
Mike

"There is no competition", OK.

"People who want real quality", now what is this ? In Morocco and in Portimao I have seen many €150,000+ MHs on waste ground where they pay €3 a night or less for a bit of space and a disgusting old toilet to dump their waste. These are rich people and this is the real quality they wanted.

I wondered about what ACSI charge, but there is no competition, it's a brilliant service for us, the people spending their hard earned cash. We have just spent nearly 3 months navigating by the ASCI DVD. It's just so convenient. We need to be about "there", click, zoom, look at pictures, "yes, that will do nicely". Well actually 4 or 5 years but not continuously.

Charlie

Free Member
May 16, 2015
Herefordshire / Worcestershire borders .
Funster No
MH
Auto Sleeper Kemerton.
Exp
Im a newbie
ACSI ? Many people here go in the off peak season. This is to enjoy the quieter times and of course because prices are far lower.
This kinda makes the cost questions a little difficult to answer ...

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
Questionnaire completed. My sister in law and her husband are opening a small site in Sussex and they are very much going for the luxury end of the market with swish cabins but a few hard standing pitches as well. I think we are lined up to be the guinea pigs to test them out. The hard standing pitches that is! :)

Lots of folk who regularly post on here go down to the south of Spain or Portugal for the winter but I suspect they are not the sort of trade you are after - long stay at fairly low to cheap rates and of course you don't have the Benidorm winter sun. But if your site has a lot to offer then I guess folk would come for the odd week even in the winter, after all the Centre Parcs in the UK operate all year round and they don't have much winter sun other than what comes out of a light bulb. Otherwise just open from say Easter to the end of September or October which is what the majority of campsites not in areas with a favoured climate do because I assume it simply isn't worth their while opening outside this period.

If you can have it open by late May or June this year we''ll drop in as we are coming that way. :D

But good luck, a lot of campsites have closed in France as you have mentioned and those which remain open seem to have generally filled them with plastic sheds. A different business model might be what is needed if you have the right location.

Last edited:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back