Rally Adventure Overland Show (Stratford upon Avon) (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
OP
Sundowners

Sundowners

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 30, 2007
Suffolk/Central Portugal
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
37 years
If you are interested in going to a different type of event this really is a good one to go to. Especially if your interests are in overland travel, near or far. It's nice to see different traders instead of the same old, same old, also there are some really well prepared overland vehicles to have a look at, from bicycles, motorbikes to huge overland trucks.

We have worked on a good weekend price for Fun members, it would be nice to have a few more bookings to support the the generous offer made from the show organisers.

Get booking and then let us know on here so that we can start making a list of all attendees.

Nigel and Pamala

Merle

Free Member
Mar 31, 2013
Wiltshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2008
If you are interested in going to a different type of event this really is a good one to go to. Especially if your interests are in overland travel, near or far. It's nice to see different traders instead of the same old, same old, also there are some really well prepared overland vehicles to have a look at, from bicycles, motorbikes to huge overland trucks.

We have worked on a good weekend price for Fun members, it would be nice to have a few more bookings to support the the generous offer made from the show organisers.

Get booking and then let us know on here so that we can start making a list of all attendees.

Nigel and Pamala
Bump

Merle

Free Member
Mar 31, 2013
Wiltshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2008
http://www.adventureoverlandshow.com/

A major national outdoor show featuring all forms of independent/organised 'alternative travel',
the ADVENTURE TRAVEL & OVERLAND SHOW is an event that brings together "under one
roof" so to speak, the type of folk who love exploring the great outdoors. This spans all forms
of adventure travel from treks to overland tours, fly-drive holidays, safaris & expeditions utilising
cycles, bikes, 4x4s, motorhomes, campers & trucks.

Popular these days for example is the type of tailored holiday whereby you can fly worldwide
to a distant country, collect a hired campervan & itinerary, and simply go explore; nowadays the
possibilities really are endless! In a nutshell, the ADVENTURE TRAVEL & OVERLAND SHOW

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Addie

Trader - Motorhome Wifi
Oct 15, 2011
York
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
We went there last year to trade, but won't be there this year because it clashes with Lincoln.

It's a good show, although I'm not sure if it will be bigger/smaller than last year as there was mixed reviews from traders but you have to give it a chance as it was only the first year. Worse case scenario its an easy 20 minute walk into Startford!

The busiest stall was the one sell Zebra burgers (recommended!).

Jul 28, 2008
Wiltshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Ducato Sportivo
Exp
Since 2005! 2000+ nights so far...
Having paid a while ago, just realised I don't have any tickets?
Are they sent nearer the time?

BwB

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 3, 2011
Suffolk UK
Funster No
MH
Resting b'twix vans
Exp
Since 1990
Went to this show last year and can highly recommend it. Had a fantastic time meeting up with several Fun'sters, seeing lots of "interesting" vehicles and it was good to see a different range of traders with lots of gadgets I didn't even know I lusted after :) Made a nice change from seeing the same old stuff at the usual Motorhome Shows.

As soon as I've got my ducks in a row over the next couple of weeks I'll be booking up. Nice one on the Fun discount guys! (y)

Pat4Neil

Free Member
Sep 28, 2008
Essex
Funster No
MH
Mercedes
Exp
7 years
It would be great to see you and pat again. Get those ducks sorted.

Reactions: BwB

Merle

Free Member
Mar 31, 2013
Wiltshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2008
Wow! Duck shooting as well ;) How could anyone not attend (y)(y)(y):ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

GHOSTFOX

Free Member
Jul 19, 2014
Funster No
MH
ROADSTAR 786
Exp
MAY 2014
This sounds OK, but I'm not interested in overseas travel, (health) so an honest opinion, is it worth me detoring to this as was heading up north?

OP
OP
Sundowners

Sundowners

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 30, 2007
Suffolk/Central Portugal
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
37 years
Hi Ghostfox
You don't have to be interested in overseas travel to appreciate the AO show-----there is SOO much of interest on general road (and off road) travel that you never get to see at motorhome shows. Plus some really awesome vehicles.
Don't forget that we managed to get our own area and a special discount for MHF members----we are having our own mini-meet within the show.;);)----it will be an ideal chance to meet-up with some other Funsters (y):eek:
IMHO if you will not have to go too far off your route to attend, you would be missing an interesting (and good value) weekend.----------we will be going WELL out of our way to be there-----we wouldn't miss it (y)(y):):):)
Nigel & Pamala

bobandjanie

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 28, 2008
Javea, Spain
Funster No
MH
Pilote V600g
Exp
I'm surprised this meet is not fully booked, not only is it something different but Stratford is a great place to visit, 15 minutes walk into town and good company for the weekend. (y)
We would have booked but the next trip starts on the 31st August.:)
Its nice to get away from motorhome shows, last year we went to a steam rally and really enjoyed it. :D
I wont say I hope you have a great weekend, because I know you will. (y)
But I will say with all theses shows being fully booked, its the way to go and when someone sorts out something its nice when people support it, because like most things its use it or lose it. o_O :) Bob.

GHOSTFOX

Free Member
Jul 19, 2014
Funster No
MH
ROADSTAR 786
Exp
MAY 2014
I have emailed Tom to book it, will rearrange my travels around it!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YAY!!!!!!!!!!

Merle

Free Member
Mar 31, 2013
Wiltshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2008
Just noticed on the show website it is now possible to arrive from 13:00 on the Monday before the show. The cost is £10.00 per night and payable on arrival, as this wold be separate from the show I don't think sundowners great discount will cover but hey that makes it a week long stop with a fantastic show as a bonus

OP
OP
Sundowners

Sundowners

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 30, 2007
Suffolk/Central Portugal
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
37 years
It would be good to see more Funsters at this meet, especially as we have been given such a good discount - it's a cheap weekend away and central in the country too.

If you aren't into overland travel as such, why not come along for a really good social weekend with like minded Funsters.

Tom Mc

Free Member
Aug 26, 2014
Funster No
MH
1974 Range Rover Classic
Exp
Hello folks, thought it was high time I posted here as, for my sins, I'm the organiser of the "Adventure Travel & Overland Show coming up at Stratford-upon-Avon Racecourse weekend of 27-28 September 2014.

First and foremost I must thank the Sundowners (Nigel & Pamala) for starting this thread and spreading the word about the show. We are not a big set up like Warners, we are not a big events company like Live Promotions who run Truckfest and a host of events, basically we ... or rather I ... am a one-man band who has been running motoring shows and event for the past 16 years. The "we" part comes into the equation though friends like Nigel & Pamala, 'cause without people like them helping out and volunteering their time over the weekend, there simply wouldn't be a show - it really is as simple as that. So THANK YOU N&P!!! (y)

Tom Mc

Free Member
Aug 26, 2014
Funster No
MH
1974 Range Rover Classic
Exp
New post as I have news about the "Adventure Travel & Overland Show".

First off a rollocking for N&P ... see, give with one hand, take with the other! ;)

They quoted originally that camping was:-

Normally it is £25 for a 3-night camping permit (Fri-Sun) + £20 per adult for a 2-day admission ticket (children under 16 yrs are free) ... thus the weekend would cost a total of £45 for one adult, £65 for two adults, etc.

So, half price entry is not to be sniffed at, as the weekend would now cost just £22.50 for one adult, £32.50 for two adults, including camping for the whole weekend.

It should have been:-

Normally it is £25 for a 3-night camping permit (Fri-Sun) + £24 per adult for a 2-day admission ticket (children under 16 yrs are free) ... thus the weekend would cost a total of £49 for one adult, £73 for two adults, etc.

So, half price entry is not to be sniffed at, as the weekend would now cost just £24.50 for one adult, £36.50 for two adults, including camping for the whole weekend.

Not much difference of course, but it needed to be clarified. The reason? Well this morning I had no less than THREE separate MHF enquires about camping, all of which have now booked. When added to those who booked previously, that now makes a fair few in the MHF encampment.

Tom Mc

Free Member
Aug 26, 2014
Funster No
MH
1974 Range Rover Classic
Exp
Another post, this time with some latest news:-

Open to all 4x4s, campervans, motorhomes, expedition trucks, we are also delighted to announce that Stratford-upon-Avon Racecourse has been secured for the next 10 years … and well beyond should we wish! This allows the "Adventure Travel & Overland Show" to not only become a fixed date within the event calendar, but with acres of space available, also grow year on year at it’s new home.

It has also been decided to allow pre-event overnight camping at Stratford-upon-Avon Racecourse from 22-09-14 [Mon] - 25-09-14 [Thurs]. Thereafter normal show camping is possible Fri - Sun nights.

Cost is just £10 per unit per night - no charge per person, per awning, etc. [a 'camping unit' comprises of any type tent/campervan/motorhome/expedition truck]. Simply turn up an pay upon arrival, space is really not an issue at the racecourse!

Hope Admin don't mind me posting this latest information here, if not then obviously delete it.

Phew ... that's it! Ta!! (y)

BwB

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 3, 2011
Suffolk UK
Funster No
MH
Resting b'twix vans
Exp
Since 1990
Booked and payment sent so can you add me to the list too please Merle/Sundowners.

Looking forward to another glimpse into the world of adventure travelling. How I didn't come away with a dutch oven kitchen and a hat made out of fungus last year I'll never know. :)

OP
OP
Sundowners

Sundowners

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 30, 2007
Suffolk/Central Portugal
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
37 years
Hi Bryan
It will be great to have you along-----It looks like this is going to be a fantastic meet--all we need is weather like we had last year-----there will be plenty to keep us all occupied all weekend:):)(y)(y)---------------------but I think you should stay well away from the serious overland trucks now you don't have a 'proper' motorhome:LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL:
Nigel & Pamala

Merle

Free Member
Mar 31, 2013
Wiltshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2008
Would all who have booked to camp at this fabulous show please confirm their intended arrival day and time by posting on this thread please, thanks
Dave

Tessntim

Free Member
Jun 22, 2014
Devon
Funster No
MH
Fiat ducato
Exp
Whares this event would like to come tess

Jan 10, 2012
London
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
I'm a newbe
Hi,
Can you please out Jane and I down on the list of attendees, have just put the form from Tom at 4x4trading@talk21.com
in the post with a cheque.
We looking forward to the show and meeting other funsters.

Merle

Free Member
Mar 31, 2013
Wiltshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2008
QUOTE="John745, post: 1095600, member: 19394"]Hi,
Can you please out Jane and I down on the list of attendees, have just put the form from Tom at 4x4trading@talk21.com
in the post with a cheque.
We looking forward to the show and meeting other funsters.[/QUOTE]
That's great, looking forward to meeting you....any idea when you might arrive?
We will have the motorhome flags up as early as possible but as already been said tell them on the gate you are with fun otherwise you might be directed into the general camping area
Dave

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back