Rally Adventure Overland Show 24th 25th Sept (1 Viewer)

maz

Jan 26, 2011
Bizeljsko, Slovenia
Funster No
MH
N+B Arto
Exp
Since March 2011
Still plenty of camping room at this show with a difference. Up to 6 nights camping plus 2 days unlimited show access in the lovely Stratford upon Avon for only £35, that's a massive saving thanks to the generousity of the show organiser who just happens to be a fellow Fun member
PM with you email address for your camping booking form
Dave
Hi Dave. Two years ago I was planning to camp at this show but had only just met the man who has subsequently become 'mr maz' so it had to be put on hold. Now we would both like to join in the fun this year. :)

We would like to arrive on the Tuesday and leave on the Sunday evening. Are we right in thinking we get all that for just £35? Seems an incredible bargain. (y)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Tom Mc

Free Member
Aug 26, 2014
Funster No
MH
1974 Range Rover Classic
Exp
We have plenty of room at the alternative show of the year get together, just £35 gets you camping in historic Stratford on Avon for up to 5 nights plus unlimited access to the show and all it's seminars PLUS FREE entry to the sister show in Germany a week later!!
Just PM me your email address to get your booking form and save ££££'s on the regular ticket price. This is a limited offer to MotorhomeFun/RVOC members from fellow member and show organiser Tom Mc
Dave

OP
OP
Merle

Merle

Free Member
Mar 31, 2013
Wiltshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2008
Hi Dave. Two years ago I was planning to camp at this show but had only just met the man who has subsequently become 'mr maz' so it had to be put on hold. Now we would both like to join in the fun this year. :)

We would like to arrive on the Tuesday and leave on the Sunday evening. Are we right in thinking we get all that for just £35? Seems an incredible bargain. (y)
Yes maz that's right, great value tues to sun nights inclusive plus unlimited show access plus entry to the event's sister show in Germany the following week if you want! Tom Mc is certainly being very generous with this superb offer.
Please pm me you email address for a booking form
Dave

Tom Mc

Free Member
Aug 26, 2014
Funster No
MH
1974 Range Rover Classic
Exp
Okay, if you read this earlier - I've completely edited this post because Merle is right and I was wrong.

Merle's spot on Maz, Tues-Sun nights inclusive, AND day admission for the show, plus the German event the weekend after.

Rats! Time for me to stand on the naughty step!!:(

Last edited:

Tom Mc

Free Member
Aug 26, 2014
Funster No
MH
1974 Range Rover Classic
Exp
... and yes, attend the Adventure Overland Show at Stratford-upon-Avon Racecourse, you are automatically eligible for free entry the following weekend at our event in Northern Germany - see www.adventure-northside.com

OP
OP
Merle

Merle

Free Member
Mar 31, 2013
Wiltshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2008
Mmmmm ... not quite Maz. Up to a point Merle got it right, but the post by Merle,Jun 9, 2016 it all went pear-shaped.

To clarify:-

It's a discounted £35 for one camping unit (i.e. ground tent/roof tent/hammock!!!/camper/motorhome/RV) up to 3 nights (Fri-Sun), AND it includes day admission for up to 2 adults (Sat & Sun) ... basically the weekend costs £35 whether there is one adult or two - best get married quick smart, it's more of a bargain!!! Children under 16 go free by the way.

As for pre-event camping:-

I arrive on site on Monday 19th September 2016 from 3pm, therefore whoever wants to turn up and camp from Monday night to Thursday night, it'll cost you just £10 per night ... full facilities included! After that, the event camping kicks in @ £35 Fri-Sun. Literally pay as you arrive, that way you can turn up whichever day you please.

So for you Maz, if you arrive Tuesday as you mentioned, it'll cost you a whopping £30 for camping Tues-Thurs inclusive , plus another £35 Fri-Sun camping + day admission inclusive for the Adventure Overland Show itself. BARGAIN!!! (y)

Merle, go stand in the corner! Think the wine/beer took effect that night! :D
Oi Mr Mc
May be that should be Mr Mcgoo you go stand in the corner you silly old :love::love:
For clarification the deal is
Tuesday to Sunday nights inclusive camping, unlimited show and seminar access PLUS entry to the Germany show and all for just £35
Just PM me for your booking forms please
Dave

Tom Mc

Free Member
Aug 26, 2014
Funster No
MH
1974 Range Rover Classic
Exp
Quite!

Note to self ... must get a P.A., somebody who actually remembers what I said to folk months previously. Some call it senility, I call it life!

maz

Jan 26, 2011
Bizeljsko, Slovenia
Funster No
MH
N+B Arto
Exp
Since March 2011
Okay, if you read this earlier - I've completely edited this post because Merle is right and I was wrong.

Merle's spot on Maz, Tues-Sun nights inclusive, AND day admission for the show, plus the German event the weekend after.

Rats! Time for me to stand on the naughty step!!:(
Confused? Me? Never! :D

Excellent bargain and thank you very much. (y)

Will PM Dave for a booking form. :)

OP
OP
Merle

Merle

Free Member
Mar 31, 2013
Wiltshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2008
Time is running out for returning your booking forms, we still have spaces available at this great get together. Just pm me with your email address for your booking form
Dave

OP
OP
Merle

Merle

Free Member
Mar 31, 2013
Wiltshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2008
With apologies for repeating myself, please return your booking forms asap
Dave

OP
OP
Merle

Merle

Free Member
Mar 31, 2013
Wiltshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2008
Last chance for new bookings to this great show with a difference and at a huge discount courtesy of the event organiser who is a fellow forum member. Just £35 gets you up to 6 nights camping plus unlimited access to the Adventure Overland Show saturday and sunday and free entry to the sister show in Germany the following weekend. Be quick to avoid disappointment, pm me with your email address now.
Those of you who haven't returned your booking form you are in danger of missing out, please return them asap
Dave

Reactions: BwB
OP
OP
Merle

Merle

Free Member
Mar 31, 2013
Wiltshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2008
Anyone still sitting on their booking forms I really do need them back pronto please otherwise I'm afraid you will miss out on the greatly discounted price from the event organiser and fellow member TomMc, so don't delay post today
Dave

Tom Mc

Free Member
Aug 26, 2014
Funster No
MH
1974 Range Rover Classic
Exp
Head ... brick wall ... springs to mind! :D

OP
OP
Merle

Merle

Free Member
Mar 31, 2013
Wiltshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2008
A message to all who are attending this meet:-

A warm welcome to our annual get together within the Adventure Overland Show. You can enjoy unlimited access to the main show area which features expedition trucks, motorcycles, campers, trade stands and displays featuring all types of adventure travel, outdoor pursuits, bushcraft activities, and much more. Seminars are also being held throughout the weekend starting on Friday night, so plenty to interest visitors. On Friday and Saturday nights there will be live music in the beer tent a chance to relax and let your hair down !!

On Saturday from 10:30 meet for coffee, cake and a chat – bring your own cups and we’ll supply the tea, coffee, milk and sugar – some cakes will be provided but you can never have too many so if you fancy donning the pinny and doing some baking it would be most welcome – of course shop bought are just as enjoyable !!

On Sunday at 10:30 Dave will don his pinny and cook the bacon for our bacon butties, to cover costs there will be a charge of £1 per buttie, but we’ll provide the tea and coffee.

Thanks to the generosity of a Forum member a “short straw” draw will be made for 2 bottles of spirits whilst we enjoy our butties.

Feel free to join us for either or both.

If you have anything you wish to sell bring it along and put your ad on the sale board with your contact details. You can sell anything as long as it’s legal !! – please note this is solely for Fun/365 members and is not open to the public.

We hope you will enjoy the opportunity to catch up with old friends and meet new ones.

If you have any queries or concerns please let us know,

Dave (Merle) & Sylv

Griffs

Free Member
Aug 15, 2007
SOUTH WALES
Funster No
MH
a class
Exp
since 2007
Those welsh posties must wear skates :)

Yes they sure do, looking forward to this show our favourite of the year :)

Do you need any firewood this year ?

OP
OP
Merle

Merle

Free Member
Mar 31, 2013
Wiltshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2008
Clive sundowners won't be there with the camp fire this year so no thanks to the offer of wood

May 10, 2012
west midlands
Funster No
MH
just looking
Exp
we are newbies
Hi Merle is it too late to purchase a ticket for this show or is anyone selling their ticket because they are unable to make it ?

Many thanks

John & Deb

OP
OP
Merle

Merle

Free Member
Mar 31, 2013
Wiltshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2008
Hi Merle is it too late to purchase a ticket for this show or is anyone selling their ticket because they are unable to make it ?

Many thanks

John & Deb
Hi, please send me a PM
Dave (merle)

OP
OP
Merle

Merle

Free Member
Mar 31, 2013
Wiltshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2008
With just a few days to go before AO pre-camping and less than a week to the show just a few hopefully helpful notes for those of you who are joining us this year.
Immediately after going through the main entrance gates take the right fork and follow it to cross over the race track, once over the race track the event organisers would appreciate your turning Right to follow the inner ringway anti clockwise. Follow the track 3/4 of the way round to enter the camping area through the bottom gate. There will be yellow markers please follow them rather than driving through the display areas.
Should you need to fill with quantities of water you will find it easier do so before crossing the race track, there are no water filling points adjacent to our camping area. Water and black dump are available but not convenient to get to with a motorhome.
We will hoist the flags as early as possible as a landmark, for those who have attended before we expect to be in a similar area to previous years.
Unless the mobile phone companies have improved the situation signal is very limited so please be warned. We will have our phone on at all reasonable times from now until Monday 26th, the No is 07 586 046 306 should you need us (a text might get through when a call doesn't)
We are looking forward to seeing old friends and meeting new
Dave (Merle) & Sylv

OP
OP
Merle

Merle

Free Member
Mar 31, 2013
Wiltshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2008
We are here all set up with the flags flying. Look for the bright yellow direction signs with FUN in black and please follow them. A nice plus to note the mobile phone signal has improved strong 3G on three and full signal on voda
Dave

OP
OP
Merle

Merle

Free Member
Mar 31, 2013
Wiltshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2008
Jolly good, we are down in pretty much the same area as last year Cliff

OP
OP
Merle

Merle

Free Member
Mar 31, 2013
Wiltshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2008
Clive if it's not too late yes please to the wood as we now have a fire pit
Dave

OP
OP
Merle

Merle

Free Member
Mar 31, 2013
Wiltshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2008
This year's looks to be bigger and better plus Stratford-upon -Avon must've heard we were coming and have put on a fabulous complimentary event. Great company with freinds old and new, definately a meet up too good to miss

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back