Advance Notice Of A State Visit By French Royalty.. (1 Viewer)

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
For those Folk who like to hob nob with the upper tiers of Funster Society, I wish to announce the impending visit to Portugal of Princess Frankie of Balma.

She will be landing on the 11th of February and be whisked off to a posh(ish) Algarve hotel in Armação de Pêra, near Albufeira.

The visit is scheduled to last four days.

Her people tell me that a throne might be placed on the beach (near Pedro's Cafe) where ordinary people might be received for an official greeting (plus a selfie) providing they are familar with the etiquette of "Baise-main".

https://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Baisemain

There is a rumour that Her Royal Highness might also stroll around the nearby beachside motorhome parking place and, who knows, might well call in at any vehicles displaying the correct badge of allegiance (A Fun Sticker).

JJ :cool:

PS. It is traditional to present a small token of respect when meeting Funster Princesses.
Fray Bentos Steak Pies (no kidney or chicken) are known to be well received... ;)

Aug 27, 2009
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
40 years
For those Folk who like to hob nob with the upper tiers of Funster Society, I wish to announce the impending visit to Portugal of Princess Frankie of Balma.

She will be landing on the 11th of February and be whisked off to a posh(ish) Algarve hotel in Armação de Pêra, near Albufeira.

The visit is scheduled to last four days.

Her people tell me that a throne might be placed on the beach (near Pedro's Cafe) where ordinary people might be received for an official greeting (plus a selfie) providing they are familar with the etiquette of "Baise-main".

https://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Baisemain

There is a rumour that Her Royal Highness might also stroll around the nearby beachside motorhome parking place and, who knows, might well call in at any vehicles displaying the correct badge of allegiance (A Fun Sticker).

PS. It is traditional to present a small token of respect when meeting Funster Princesses.
Fray Bentos Steak Pies (no kidney or chicken) are known to be well received... ;)
Is that the Burlington Throne JJ.....:)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Like this,
image.jpeg

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
Caravan & motorhome 45 + yrs
I have had a word with my mate her maj "Liz"...

And she had a couple of spares in the store room...

So she has booked "Securicor" to deliver it next week...

You will have to sign for it @JJ...

And she is throwing in a couple of rolls... (y)

22-Karat-Gold-Toilet-Paper.jpg

Link Removed

I am so good to you two.... :wink: :RollEyes: :rofl:

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007

As opposed to French princesses where it is traditional to cut their heads off. Better make sure there is no confusion here.

Oct 12, 2008
Balma (next to Toulouse) France
Funster No
MH
HymerCamp 51Capucine
Exp
Since 2011/owner since 6/03/2014
@funflair You must be kidding! I would never never ever ...
Wear anything but a light blue tee shirt! Not when I'm with JJ ! You have no sense of education Dear! As for trousers... Pah.. I usually wear a tinny winny bikini!

champers

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Mar 9, 2009
Skegness, UK
Funster No
MH
Frankia i650 FD
Exp
Since March 09
We are hoping to meet up with you again Frankie whilst at AMP
Safe journey

John, Kath n L'il Tom xx

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Wear anything but a light blue tee shirt! Not when I'm with JJ ! You have no sense of education Dear! As for trousers... Pah.. I usually wear a tinny winny bikini!

And does that grab JJ's attention away from his phone ? I guess you could always send him a selfie. Include a FB pie, that would work.

OP
OP
JJ

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
And does that grab JJ's attention away from his phone ? I guess you could always send him a selfie. Include a FB pie, that would work.

Are you suggesting I spend too long on my phone Young Hilldweller?

I understood that is what all we youngsters do these days...

Anyway... I have to keep an eye on my empire don't I? ;)

bobandjanie

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 28, 2008
Javea, Spain
Funster No
MH
Pilote V600g
Exp
You better start your spring cleaning JJ, and getting ready for an inspection . :eek:
Hope you two have a great time, it would have been nice to join you, but it's a bit early for us. :LOL:
;) We will stay here now the snows gone. :rolleyes: :ROFLMAO: Bob.

Last edited:

bengie

Free Member
Feb 14, 2012
bournemouth
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Looks like a roll of the old slip off your arse Izal toilet paper. Her Maj can't still be using that can she.

bengie

Free Member
Feb 14, 2012
bournemouth
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Hey it's not me who's using it .It's her Maj.Mo provided the picture to prove it.It was only my knowledge from a previous life. ie hygiene dept 42CDO RM 1968 to1970 in Singers that I was able to identify it straight away. Lets make it clear straight away I never use it preferring more natural products picked from natures store in the jungle. As to the preformance of the Izal product in use that had nothing to do with me and was down to the Izal product control team. Further more in my 71yrs I have never allowed a disgusting thought to enter my head except for the one occasion of that blonde WRAF in the swimming pool at the Britania club in Singapore. ( it was 23rd June 1423hrs 1964) Hope this clears the matter up.

Ven

Aug 15, 2008
East Sussex and beyond
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2009
How did I miss this thread? We hope to visit if you're still receiving visitors Frankie ;) and parking is allowed in the car park. We are heading in to Portugal today :)

OP
OP
JJ

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
A couple of loyal Funsters' vans are heading for the beachside car park at Armação de Pêra today.

I expect a situation report will be forthcoming in due course...

Oct 12, 2008
Balma (next to Toulouse) France
Funster No
MH
HymerCamp 51Capucine
Exp
Since 2011/owner since 6/03/2014
Thanks Ven , Kath, and Ruth for your kind messages.
I nearly had to cancel this all. Dad has lost conscious yesterday, I was having my lunch just 2 metres behind him , so could see him sat and having his coffee, could not see his face though.
What made me stand up and have a look at him... only God knows. I found him fists nearly shut, head slightly down, he was all blue and wasn't breathing.
What came next, you can guess. I'm not going to say it here, I don't want to live that again.
He , slowly came back after probably seconds which just lasted hours to me.
Didn't care about the mess he left around, just waiting for emergencies I manage to call... don't ask me how... I just can't figure out what events came first and last.
Anyway, firemen took him to hospital and he is now fine and at home, and as any Alzheimer... can't even remember he spent 5 days with me, let alone he nearly lost life.
Now waiting for tomorrow, but can't really get excited , too tired and still in shock!
@JJ you'll have to get a happy bunny out of a hat to make me smile! I really intend to enjoy these four days , and rely on all our friends to help me make the best of this holiday!

Anthea M

Free Member
Deceased RIP
Oct 18, 2015
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Hobby
Exp
Since 2009
Thanks Ven , Kath, and Ruth for your kind messages.
I nearly had to cancel this all. Dad has lost conscious yesterday, I was having my lunch just 2 metres behind him , so could see him sat and having his coffee, could not see his face though.
What made me stand up and have a look at him... only God knows. I found him fists nearly shut, head slightly down, he was all blue and wasn't breathing.
What came next, you can guess. I'm not going to say it here, I don't want to live that again.
He , slowly came back after probably seconds which just lasted hours to me.
Didn't care about the mess he left around, just waiting for emergencies I manage to call... don't ask me how... I just can't figure out what events came first and last.
Anyway, firemen took him to hospital and he is now fine and at home, and as any Alzheimer... can't even remember he spent 5 days with me, let alone he nearly lost life.
Now waiting for tomorrow, but can't really get excited , too tired and still in shock!
@JJ you'll have to get a happy bunny out of a hat to make me smile! I really intend to enjoy these four days , and rely on all our friends to help me make the best of this holiday!
Thoughts are with you and Sending hugs to you for all the stress:hugs:enjoy your little holiday

Popeye

Deceased RIP
Sep 5, 2011
edge of New Forest
Funster No
MH
Frankia Platin Plus
Exp
On and off since 1983
You'll relax at sometime Frankie, sorry you have had such a shock before your mini-break.

Frankie Griff says RELAX and enjoy your Portuguese experience.

Welsh girl

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 7, 2009
Funster No
MH
Globecar
Exp
Since 2004
Hope Dad's ok for your visit? Enjoy the better weathe,I'm sure JJ will conjure some up for you?

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
Sorry you had such a shock Frankie.

It must have been horrible.

glastry

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 20, 2012
northern ireland and portugal
Funster No
MH
a class s550
Exp
20+
Easy Tiger... easy!

It is hard work preparing for VIP visits you know...

I'll need a holiday after all this washing.

Ah, I can see you are under pressure, was in Continente just now and I think I have spotted a Device that you will like.
It is called a ,wait for it---RELAX cleaning robot!!
Just pop it in the door and when you come back the place is spotless!!
Hard to believe ,I know, but just think how proud Frankie will be of you.!!
Failing that I will send the usual supply of carbolic !!
We are currently detained in Lagos,but hopefully will get to met up with you and Frankie, soon!!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back