Adults sleeping over the cab (1 Viewer)

laika

Free Member
Nov 28, 2009
Funster No
Over Cab Bed

Hi with regard to overcab sleeping ,we have slept in ours since we bought the van 4 years ago ,the Laika overcab is huge enabling us both to sit up in bed and read ,as it also has twin reading lights at both ends of the bed . and also is not all that high, enabling us to climb down with ease,and the under bed heating keeps it lovely and warm in the winter . also we can turn the downstairs lights on and off from up here ,and put the heating on downstairs before we put our toes out, all from the overcab . Hope this helps happy motorhoming regards Laika.:Smile:

bill2b

Free Member
Oct 21, 2009
Lincoln
Funster No
MH
Hi Top
Exp
Hi with regard to overcab sleeping ,we have slept in ours since we bought the van 4 years ago ,the Laika overcab is huge enabling us both to sit up in bed and read ,as it also has twin reading lights at both ends of the bed . and also is not all that high, enabling us to climb down with ease,and the under bed heating keeps it lovely and warm in the winter . also we can turn the downstairs lights on and off from up here ,and put the heating on downstairs before we put our toes out, all from the overcab . Hope this helps happy motorhoming regards Laika.:Smile:

Ditto :Smile:
Good isnt it? :roflmto::roflmto:

OP
OP
JumboBeef

JumboBeef

Free Member
Jul 27, 2009
Funster No
Thanks for the replies: very interesting. Seems it would be possible for us to get a shorter van and sleep over the cab (as long as the bed is big enough).

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

madbluemad

Banned
Jan 26, 2008
spain
Funster No
MH
just looking
Exp
since 1980
What I want to know is why is everybody so intent upon reading in bed. Theres lots of more interesting things to do in there like .............. Sleeping :winky:

Jim

::bigsmile:

allie sommerville

Free Member
Dec 30, 2009
Isle of Wight
Funster No
MH
conversion
Exp
When we hired a Talbot Bedouin years ago, I found it really difficult to climb into the over-cab bed, not helped by the rest of the family being in hysterics at my efforts. :RollEyes:
I have to add that I'm petite at 5 feet tall but maybe not as flexible in those days :winky:

Once we had our own campervan, with a bed we had to make up every night, we realised what a boon the over-cab bed was!

Toffs-G

Free Member
Sep 16, 2009
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin 640SPB
Exp
September 2009
Thanks for the replies: very interesting. Seems it would be possible for us to get a shorter van and sleep over the cab (as long as the bed is big enough).

Our Elnagh has quite a good sized overcab bed and overall the MH is 7m long double over the Garage and dinette makes up as a double as well.

I am 6ft 2 +/- 15st (probably more + than - :Eeek:) admitedly girlfriend is petite but have found over the cab very comfortable and can prop up and read.

pendy

Free Member
Oct 9, 2008
Birmingham
Funster No
MH
Hi Top
Exp
3 yrs
Our eldest grandson insisits that the top bunk is the Batcave, and that he and I (Batman & Robin) sleep up there to protect Nanny and baby brother (youngest grandson) from the Joker,Penguin,Riddler,Sandman,Goblin and all the other Baddies that might enter our Bathome.:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: It,s well comfy and we all enjoy being together.

The Wallace

Free Member
Apr 3, 2009
Funster No
Tried an overcab bed - ONCE - that was enough!
Not easy to get into, difficult to get out at 3AM over other half if you need a pee and a bit tight if you want to do anything other than sleep.
Would rather not have a motorhome than use an overcab.
Now this is my experience and was only one night (other nights would have compounded the problem in my opinion) so there may be many out there happy to use an overcab bed and even a Fiat base but, sorry guys, not me!

sootymobile

Free Member
Jan 14, 2010
Chesterfield
Funster No
MH
Don't know
Exp
3 years
sootymobile

Sorry if this has been asked before, but how many of you here (adults) sleep in the bed over the cab, and how do you find it?

Dont know if anyone has replied to this but I would like to put in my twopence,
We always use the over cab bed, Its already made up and when you have been driving a long way its a god send . and also our bed is more comfy than our own bed at home
sootymobile

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
Just to add my twopence worth. The overhead cab is a boon for keeping the rest of the van tidy all the time. No problems getting up there .........
................................................ but me getting out of it is not a pretty sight:Sad:

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
..... but me getting out of it is not a pretty sight:Sad:

Like a whale having a breech birth ? ::bigsmile:

Don't worry about it, the only person who could get off a Luton elegantly would be one of the tiny Russian gymnasts who would do a forward roll and land arms outstretched.

Having a MH means you have to adjust your whole thinking on privacy, think of us men emptying the Thetford, now that really is the low point.

Dave G

Free Member
Jun 18, 2008
Devon
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Over the cab

Sorry if this has been asked before, but how many of you here (adults) sleep in the bed over the cab, and how do you find it?

It's a bit warm sometimes, also harder to go for that middle of the night leak....

Dave G

Free Member
Jun 18, 2008
Devon
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Sleeping overthe cab

The other thing about leaving the oc bed made up all the time is that every time I go to the rear of the van I hit my head on the bl***y thing!!!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back