Adrian Flux - problems with Insurance Claim (1 Viewer)

Jan 17, 2014
Wellington, Telford, Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since 1977
I had a quote of £660 from AF for our new van to be converted soon on the 10th of October when I rang to take this up on the 3rd of November this had risen by 33%!! I asked for an explanation twice and all I got back each time was an email quote with the later high price. Not even the manners to speak to me.

Emmit

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Pilote Explorateur
Exp
Jan.2014
After having a problem with AF (or their underwriter) I had to go down the route of the Ombudsman.

13 months of obfuscation, fudge and delay were cleared in less than a week.
Mind you, I did have to wait the required 8 weeks after my first contact with the Ombudsman.

In our case it was
  • Equity Red Star

Apr 17, 2016
South Coast
Funster No
MH
White One..
Exp
3 years….
That was close, just insured the van with NFU again but Adrian Flux were over 3 times the price and I nearly went with them after I told the AF chap on the phone and he asked if I wanted to take out the policy 😂😂

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Coolcats

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 24, 2019
Funster No
MH
HymerCar Ayres Rock
I've never seen anything good said about them on Fun.
I am with Adrian Flux and have to say compared with some of the other Wild West brokers they have been pretty good so far. AIB was quoting over £3k when two other vehicles were taken post break in AF is £850 AIB insurance was £450

NFU won’t even look at us for 5 years due to that break in some of these other ‘great’ deals are fine if you have not had the need to make a claim and as a victim of crime it’s appalling how the insurance industry treats people.

If I had gone around driving vehicles off I could understand a higher premium

Coolcats

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 24, 2019
Funster No
MH
HymerCar Ayres Rock
That was close, just insured the van with NFU again but Adrian Flux were over 3 times the price and I nearly went with them after I told the AF chap on the phone and he asked if I wanted to take out the policy 😂😂
Wait until you have a claim I suspect AF will become your friend.

Two on Tour

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 16, 2016
Near the junction of the A14 and A1, Cambs
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoquest 175
Exp
Since 2010
Wait until you have a claim I suspect AF will become your friend.
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
You obviously missed or ignored all the other comments on this thread and other threads concerning AF's customer service when it came to making a claim.

Coolcats

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 24, 2019
Funster No
MH
HymerCar Ayres Rock
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
You obviously missed or ignored all the other comments on this thread and other threads concerning AF's customer service when it came to making a claim.
:rofl::rofl::rofl: so funny

From making claims my experience claims are outsourced the whole industry needs a shakeup, people often make the mistake of thinking its personal and their experience is bad due to thier expectations.

We dealt with four companies all of whom you could say had poor customer experience but when you actually analyse and understand why the process is what it is (which causes dissatisfaction) then you realise its not personal just poor process (in the customers eyes) yet that process protects the claimant and the underwriter

Underwriter X Y and Z will outsource to claimant investigation company ZZ and so it goes on

AF actually isn't that bad

Two on Tour

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 16, 2016
Near the junction of the A14 and A1, Cambs
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoquest 175
Exp
Since 2010
:rofl::rofl::rofl: so funny

From making claims my experience claims are outsourced the whole industry needs a shakeup, people often make the mistake of thinking its personal and their experience is bad due to thier expectations.

We dealt with four companies all of whom you could say had poor customer experience but when you actually analyse and understand why the process is what it is (which causes dissatisfaction) then you realise its not personal just poor process (in the customers eyes) yet that process protects the claimant and the underwriter

Underwriter X Y and Z will outsource to claimant investigation company ZZ and so it goes on

AF actually isn't that bad

Just your opinion, not mine or many others on this forum, I'll rely on my experiences of having dealings with AF thank you. (y)

Coolcats

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 24, 2019
Funster No
MH
HymerCar Ayres Rock
Just your opinion, not mine or many others on this forum, I'll rely on my experiences of having dealings with AF thank you. (y)
Yup and mine with the break in and multiple thefts, dealing with various organisations AF is not really any worse or better thank you (y)

Edited to say where some of these other companies mentioned still quote outrageous prices AF has come up trumps with reasonable pricing for insurance and I am painfully aware of what the claims process 's are and how the companies outsource the claims process.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back