AdriaIzola S687 SPG (1 Viewer)

Sep 9, 2014
Exeter Devon
Funster No
MH
Hymer C664G
Exp
since 2008
I am considering purchase of Adria Izola motorhome but have never met an owner of one. This one has the Renault 2.5 150 engine with semi automatic gearbox.

If anybody has knowledge good or bad to aid my decision, I would appreciate it. Until now I have enjoyed a Hymer which is going to be a hard act to follow.

I would particularly like to know:
if depreciation is normal ish?
if winterisation / insulation is good?
I noted the roof has a seam rather than being one piece - has anybody had leaks?
Are Adria parts readily availabile?

Thanks everyone

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
Can't help you with that model as we have the Matrix and have to say we are very happy with the build quality. If you go on to youtube and type in Adria they have videos of their factory.

Jan 22, 2013
London SE
Funster No
MH
A class Adria vision I707
Exp
since 1971
I cannot speak personally of the izola but I drive an Adria vision with the same engine and gearbox,
Had it about 18 months and done 16000 miles so far, off to Germany next week to put more miles on her,
I am very pleased with the power and fuel economy and overall refinement, the gearbox is a delight in auto but if you like stirring the gear lever then then the manual mode works very well too.
Accessibility is a problem as its a A class but I assume that wouldn't be a problem for you,

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Hymie835
Sep 9, 2014
Exeter Devon
Funster No
MH
Hymer C664G
Exp
since 2008
Thanks for replies, it sounds as though the base vehicle is sound.

I am not sure yet if it has an Alko chassis. It is very low to the ground compared to my Hymer, dont know if that means sleeping policmen in roads or getting on/off ferries may be a problem?

Jan 22, 2013
London SE
Funster No
MH
A class Adria vision I707
Exp
since 1971
Mine has the alko chassis and at 7.2 m long so far hasn't been a problem, including a trip to Isle of mull and Arran ,
I did fit air suspension to the rear but that was to improve stability with coaches on motorways, it made a massive different now I don't need to keep one eye always on the rear view mirror,

OP
OP
Hymie835
Sep 9, 2014
Exeter Devon
Funster No
MH
Hymer C664G
Exp
since 2008
I have just ordered mine. Quite nervous of the change but done deal now! Mine has air ride fitted but not sure if it is Alko chassis.

Thanks all for replies

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back