Thepiper58

Free Member
Jul 30, 2020
Funster No
MH
Adria
Exp
since 2017
I have a new Adria Twin and according to the manual there is an electrical element that heats the wastwater tank in case of frost to prevent damage. This is operated from the control panel and there is supposed to be a light next to the wastewater tank button on the control panel that you switch on or off and turns from green to red. I can see where the light is on the panel but it has never lit up yet. Does there need to be a certain level of water in the tank before this operates or does it sound like a fault?

Jul 1, 2012
Nr Whitby
Funster No
MH
van conversion
Exp
On & off since late70s
From a previous post. Could be...

so came back, couldnt drain tank, but.................managed to get the heater led to light up.
tank didnt defrost till next day, and again checking manual, it says dont switch on when empty as damage may occur, tank heater if switched on, will automatically come on (if in on state) at less than 5 degrees c.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Thepiper58

Thepiper58

Free Member
Jul 30, 2020
Funster No
MH
Adria
Exp
since 2017
Yes, thats what I understood as well, but the problem is unless there is an indicator light to tell you if its on or not then if it is actually "on" but not showing the light then it could damage the element if the tank is empty. I guess there are maybe 2 variables here therefore its difficult to work out what is working and what is not. i.e. the temp needs to be below a certain level before it will activate, and you can also manually switch the whole system off from the control panel, but unless there are lights to show you, there is no way of knowing if its on or off....

Upvote 0
Apr 22, 2018
Herts.
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral lowline
On my Adria I can check the water levels in each of the tanks with a switch. If I hold the water level check switch down on the waste water side, normally just a quick flick operates gauge, then a LED light appears in the water tank symbol on the fascia. This shows the heater element is in operation.

Upvote 0
Jul 1, 2012
Nr Whitby
Funster No
MH
van conversion
Exp
On & off since late70s
Here’s the original thread.
he may know the answer

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Thepiper58

Thepiper58

Free Member
Jul 30, 2020
Funster No
MH
Adria
Exp
since 2017
Thanks, I have now looked at that thread, but is doesn't come to any real conclusion. The operation of the light and the heater is still unclear. I suspect it is connected with the level of water in the tank before the switch on the control panel will operate. I will check when it comes back from the dealer (its in just now with a sliding door that wont lock).

Upvote 0
Apr 22, 2018
Herts.
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral lowline
Thanks, I have now looked at that thread, but is doesn't come to any real conclusion. The operation of the light and the heater is still unclear. I suspect it is connected with the level of water in the tank before the switch on the control panel will operate. I will check when it comes back from the dealer (its in just now with a sliding door that wont lock).
Have you got a photo of your control panel?
My heating element is at the very bottom and internal of the waste water tank.

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back