Mondo74

Free Member
Jun 24, 2021
Aberdeenshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin On Order
Hi folks.

I have a Twin Sport 640 SLB on order and am a little confused about the inclusion, or otherwise of the extra bed in the front. It appears as £180 option on the Supreme models but there's no mention of it on the twin models (the models with the pop top). I understand that lower bed and pop top couldn't be used both at once as there would be nowhere for the ladder but I'm sure there will be occasions where the pop top isn't suitable for use (extreme winds etc) and so the lower bed would be very handy. My order form makes reference to the size of the extra bed as if it were included but there's nothing else to say that it is.

Does anyone know whether or not it is included with the Twin Sport models or if it's available as a separate purchase? As far as I can see, the layout of both versions of the van are identical (other than pop top of course). The bracket to place the table at the low level required to receive the table appears to be present in the Sport versions (from pics and videos I've seen) so there's no reason why the bed frame/infills wouldn't fit.

I've asked my dealer the question too but just curious to see if anyone here knows whilst I await his response.

Cheers all.

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
OP
OP
M

Mondo74

Free Member
Jun 24, 2021
Aberdeenshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin On Order
Thanks for that input. I have considered the Cabbunk system and it may well be the way we go. The advantage of the Adria extra bed is that an adult can sleep in it but I totally understand the downside of extra bulk and blocking the side door when in use. Hopefully,, either system would be rarely used as it would only be in the event of not being able to use the pop top.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Mark and Mindy

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2017
Nr Bicester
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin 640 SGX
Exp
Since 2019
Hi folks.

I have a Twin Sport 640 SLB on order and am a little confused about the inclusion, or otherwise of the extra bed in the front. It appears as £180 option on the Supreme models but there's no mention of it on the twin models (the models with the pop top). I understand that lower bed and pop top couldn't be used both at once as there would be nowhere for the ladder but I'm sure there will be occasions where the pop top isn't suitable for use (extreme winds etc) and so the lower bed would be very handy. My order form makes reference to the size of the extra bed as if it were included but there's nothing else to say that it is.

Does anyone know whether or not it is included with the Twin Sport models or if it's available as a separate purchase? As far as I can see, the layout of both versions of the van are identical (other than pop top of course). The bracket to place the table at the low level required to receive the table appears to be present in the Sport versions (from pics and videos I've seen) so there's no reason why the bed frame/infills wouldn't fit.

I've asked my dealer the question too but just curious to see if anyone here knows whilst I await his response.

Cheers all.
We viewed a Twin Sport 600 (transverse bed) at one of the Adria Road Shows last month and asked about that single bed, the twin sport had a small ledge on the side of the kitchen unit near the sliding door and the dealer said it was to rest the edge of the single bed on. The dealer also said that he encourages everybody to buy the single bed as its not a big cost for the convenience of an occasional extra bed.

We have a 640 SGX on order and were able to add the single bed from the list of options at the time of ordering.

OP
OP
M

Mondo74

Free Member
Jun 24, 2021
Aberdeenshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin On Order
Thanks Mark. Yeah, the bed is an option on the non pop top but not selectable on the Sport versions. I’m sure I’ll be able to pick one up.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
If it's only for occasional use then would an inflatable camping mattress and sleeping bag on the floor do?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
M

Mondo74

Free Member
Jun 24, 2021
Aberdeenshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin On Order
If it's only for occasional use then would an inflatable camping mattress and sleeping bag on the floor do?
Not sure there’s quite enough room on the floor for a mattress in a PVC. Maybe the question I should be asking is how often is it too windy for putting up the pop top.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back