Adria Twin SGX picked up! (2 Viewers)

Feb 18, 2018
South Ayrshire
Funster No
MH
Globecar Campscout
Exp
Since 2018
Gorgeous van ... would have been my choice of colour but we didn’t get a choice so have silver

Blue Knight do you have to press a button to open your doors fully? We do on the Campscout

Blue Knight

Free Member
Aug 7, 2017
Durham
Funster No
MH
Globecar Summit 640
Exp
Gorgeous van ... would have been my choice of colour but we didn’t get a choice so have silver

Blue Knight do you have to press a button to open your doors fully? We do on the Campscout

Hi Liz, yes we do. I think it's a standard thing for the Ducato.

I've never opened them fully as I don't trust the wind :D

Feb 18, 2018
South Ayrshire
Funster No
MH
Globecar Campscout
Exp
Since 2018
Hi Liz, yes we do. I think it's a standard thing for the Ducato.

I've never opened them fully as I don't trust the wind :D
Me neither ... not sure how your windows touch though if you have the flush ones?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Crickboy

Free Member
Aug 14, 2014
Funster No
MH
Auto cruise tempo van con
Exp
10 years3
Fabulous , seen one in Crickhowell last year matching awning , and bull bars up front , real eye catcher, mine is an autocruise tempo with front end paint problems , due for respray next month.

Crickboy

Free Member
Aug 14, 2014
Funster No
MH
Auto cruise tempo van con
Exp
10 years3
ZINGANO very tempting but my 10 year old tempo is almost due for a change so l will pass on that one,

Aug 22, 2017
Funster No
MH
Wildax Europa PVC
Exp
Since 2014 -- cycle-camper before that
Great colour ... we'd love one that colour but not ideal for wild camping so we've got a pale blue one ... it 'merges' into the sea background! :D

It's a great colour. When we were ordering our van (not an Adria), we whittled it down to three colours: orange, yellow, green.

First we ruled out yellow, as it might look too much like an AA van.

Then it was difficult. Orange with black trim looks fantastic, but we decided on green based on the theory that we might want to blend in occasionally. Only trouble is you also blend in with hedgerows and foliage when driving down country lanes, so you have to drive with headlights on like the army vehicles!

Aug 3, 2020
Herefordshire/Shropshire border
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin 600 SP
Exp
View attachment 297285 We’re camping for the night very near to Geoff Cox and so far everything is fantastic. Loving the hot water, and lounging around on the bed reading - these never happened in the VW!
Good choice!
9B7BBDF2-6A9A-49BD-866B-ED009E53E45B.jpeg

May 30, 2019
Aberdeen, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin Supreme
Exp
Since 2018
Hey Zingano, be interested to know how you have got on with your Adria? I have a 7.4m coachbuilt which is great on site but a pain when visiting attractions or driving down B roads. How has the Adria been, any issues or drawbacks experienced since you got it? Any options you wished you’d added when you bought it? Thanks.

OP
OP
Jane And Rog

Jane And Rog

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 19, 2019
Ashford, Kent
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin 640 SGX
Exp
Recently, since 2017
I have mixed feelings on this, as we have had a few problems since we got the van. I still absolutely love it and the design is perfect for us. Mostly the issues have been minor, e.g. small water leaks, but travelling from Kent to Derby for the warranty repairs has been painful and expensive and used up too much annual leave. Then our bed motor broke in late 2019, and the replacement had just arrived from Adria when lockdown hit. We finally got it repaired last month, only for the repairer to break another related part during the fix (which they’d never done before). I do think we probably suffered from being the first year of a new model, and I’d be very happy with a 2021 van. The flush windows look nicer too.

As I said, the van design is great - the large permanent bed with view out from the doors, the clever bathroom which we’re really making use of in lockdown, and the brilliant sky windows which bring so much light into the van in winter.

May 30, 2019
Aberdeen, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin Supreme
Exp
Since 2018
Thanks. Good to know. It’s the Adria or a Malibu. Renting the Malibu for a few days in October to see how we get on with a smaller van then decide the best way forward. Rdgs

Realist

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 4, 2018
Wales last time I checked.
Funster No
MH
Caravan: Buccaneer
Exp
Caravan before 2000 / Motorhome From 2018 to 22 / Now Caravan again.
Sunglasses and not going to miss that van from a distance comes to mind lol.

Aug 3, 2020
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin 600 SP
Exp
We've just done a couple of short breaks- Cambridge, Suffolk and Dorset. On each campsite the van attracted some attention- mainly due to the colour. Quite a few wanted to look inside it (and a couple asked what it cost!). Ours is the version before the "skyview" roof, and it's the 600 rather than the 640- so we haven't got the really clever bathroom nor the electric bed. Having said that, the owners of coachbuilts all liked the size, the fixed double bed, were happy with the shower/toilet/sink arrangement but a couple were less happy about the loss of a "nice" sitting area. Everyone was surprised/impressed at the quality of fittings (it's the Black and grey "Titan" finish with black leather seats; looks quite modern/slick and 1 person would have preferred something "more homely"- but that's a matter of taste). There's a table and the front seats turn round etc. So far though, we've always eaten outside so it hasn't been an issue. I wouldnt swap the seating at the expense of the permanent, double, really comfy bed! I still find it big to drive (compared to the go-kartlike Alfa) and I'm still not that confident in cramped-speace carparks- but I'm guessing that Motorhome owners would take that easily in their stride. Absolutely no issues so far (just over a year) with reliability - both mechanical and internal stuff like fridge, cooker etc etc). We absolutely love it and have no regrets about the choice whatsoever- especially the colour... although 1 person thought that the matching orange chairs, orange OlPro windbreak, orange mugs and orange espresso jug was pretentious. My reply was to bemoan the fact that I couldnt find an orange Cadac.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
We absolutely love it and have no regrets about the choice whatsoever- especially the colour... although 1 person thought that the matching orange chairs, orange OlPro windbreak, orange mugs and orange espresso jug was pretentious. My reply was to bemoan the fact that I couldnt find an orange Cadac.
:LOL:

OP
OP
Jane And Rog

Jane And Rog

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 19, 2019
Ashford, Kent
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin 640 SGX
Exp
Recently, since 2017
Totally with you on both the interior (ours is similar, leather seats, clean modern white cupboards) and the orange accessories. We have an orange bbq (lotus grill) cooking utensils, chairs - and what isn’t orange is grey to match the interior. I do find the dinette seating comfortable - we used it most nights on our tour of the western isles. We usually sit opposite each other, or both on a captain’s chair rotated, feet up on the bench, if the dog will allow.

OP
OP
Jane And Rog

Jane And Rog

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 19, 2019
Ashford, Kent
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin 640 SGX
Exp
Recently, since 2017
8534E804-0AAA-4CBC-9731-329495888F16.jpeg

Inside the van on a wet day in Wales last month, cooking pasta arrabiata. You can see the bed is raised in this one. Note the orange collapsible bucket stuffed behind the opposite seat, and orange dishcloth in the sink :)

May 30, 2019
Aberdeen, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin Supreme
Exp
Since 2018
Quick questions as I’m not able to view the Adria in person.

To the right of the tv bracket what power supplies are there? 12v, usb, 240v?

Also other than the twin usb in one corner underneath the rear bed area roof locker, are there any there power sockets of any kind in the bedroom or garage areas? I have electric bikes today charge.

I see from videos that to dump grew water you use a key in the cassette cocker, where does the grey water come out, at the side of the van or underneath in the centre. In my Benimar it dumps from the centre behind the rear axle so a pain if a drive over waste isn’t available.

Do you have standard fridge with cupboard above and below, is it big enough? Can’t decide if I should upgrade to the larger fridge.

Thanks.

Aug 3, 2020
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin 600 SP
Exp
Mine's the 2019 version so this may be irrelevent.. 12v, 240v and usb by the TV. No mains sockets in or near rear "garage". Our fridge is below the wardrobe and is plenty big enough for us (and very effective). Grey water from side of van released by tap underneath van and close to edge of van (easily accessible).

OP
OP
Jane And Rog

Jane And Rog

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 19, 2019
Ashford, Kent
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin 640 SGX
Exp
Recently, since 2017
2019 SGX here too. Just the twin USB at the back, but I have a feeling they changed this? Anyway, we had the dealer install another on the other side so we can both charge two devices in bed. No power in the hold, but we did have an external shower installed which stows in a cubby there, for bikes and dog. Our fridge is over the wardrobe, no cupboard above so does that mean it's the bigger size? Lovely to have the wardrobe coming from a VW! Fridge could always be bigger but can't say what I'd give up for it. Grey water as above.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back