skylinersi

Free Member
Nov 9, 2016
midlands
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
And fitted this today.......any guesses as to what it may be and for......(n)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

skylinersi

Free Member
Nov 9, 2016
midlands
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
20190411_165620.jpg
20190411_165527.jpg
20190411_165602.jpg

Pics now attatched:whistle:

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
I'm assuming it's a hatch so you can access the distribution box?

Alfie159

Free Member
Mar 11, 2019
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin 640 2019
Exp
Safe ?

2x2camper

Free Member
Oct 22, 2018
Funster No
MH
Yup
Instead of having to lift the whole bloody shelf the edge of which is under the bed so a right bloody mission when it trips....
Hence easy access hatch.
How often do you trip the electric.

Don't think we have ever done it

skylinersi

Free Member
Nov 9, 2016
midlands
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
How often do you trip the electric.

Don't think we have ever done it

Rarely but lifting the whole shelf is annoying!!
Usually if we have the cp set on mix 2 and have toaster or kettle and summat else on

skylinersi

Free Member
Nov 9, 2016
midlands
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
ordered a rear view camera to go under the van by waste pipe, so i can switch rear view monitor (set up as permanent rear view mirror),to view new camera so i know when over the waste point, sad i know.....:unsure:

OP
OP
Jane And Rog

Jane And Rog

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 19, 2019
Ashford, Kent
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin 640 SGX
Exp
Since 2017
Things I’m looking for at the moment if anyone has any tips...

1. White plastic organiser for the shelf under the bathroom window. I think that’s 7cm deep, though need to remeasure to be sure.

2. Bin - what do people plan to do?

3. Step. Though I can get into bed it’s pretty high if you’e 5’ 2” soaking wet. I think either something light and foldable or a very strong box that will serve dual purpose as storage and step.

4. What to do about the blinds at the rear doors? We want to sleep heads that end, but I’m a bit concerned about damaging the blinds. I could remove them and make my own blind with pockets for iPads, kindles etc which would be nice.

5. Shower storage is woefully inadequate - just enough for a bar of soap. There is enough of a gap between the top of the shower and the clever folding door thing to add something. Thoughts so far are something to hook over the door (but it’s very wide and the little plastic basket I got from Ikea didn’t work) or a suction hook and hanging wash kit or suction white plastic basket, which is probably my favourite, only needs to store shampoo, conditioner, hairbrush and razor.

skylinersi

Free Member
Nov 9, 2016
midlands
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp

1. White plastic organiser for the shelf under the bathroom window. I think that’s 7cm deep, though need to remeasure to be sure.

3. Step. Though I can get into bed it’s pretty high if you’e 5’ 2” soaking wet. I think either something light and foldable or a very strong box that will serve dual purpose as storage and step.

4. What to do about the blinds at the rear doors? We want to sleep heads that end, but I’m a bit concerned about damaging the blinds. I could remove them and make my own blind with pockets for iPads, kindles etc which would be nice.

5. Shower storage is woefully inadequate - just enough for a bar of soap. There is enough of a gap between the top of the shower and the clever folding door thing to add something. Thoughts so far are something to hook over the door (but it’s very wide and the little plastic basket I got from Ikea didn’t work) or a suction hook and hanging wash kit or suction white plastic basket, which is probably my favourite, only needs to store shampoo, conditioner, hairbrush and razor.

ok, i can tell you what we have done, bearing in mind ours has the older bathroom.

i have stuck 2 fiamma medium pockets to the bottom of mirror to hold brushes, hairsprays, smellies etc

there are some twist fix suction hooks on ebay which are very strong, i have some but yet to use....

the bin, we have a small one from ebay which travels in the bathroom, and is then put between the front seats when we are parked up and seats are turned:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Wham-Rec...506440?hash=item286e9d7bc8:g:m7QAAOSwVIBb9oGf

step up into bed isnt an issue for us

blinds are a problem sometimes, plenty of hacks on the forum from others, but none of which i consider perfect, so still pondering ....

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
I think you've got the Adria Twin SLB with twin single beds, in which case I'm assuming this is the washroom:

8854165-adria-twin-640-slb-6.jpg

I'd go for something that won't be affected by moisture, ideally with a lip to stop stuff dropping off if you're on a bit of a slope, if you go for one with a high 'lip' you would be able to leave stuff on it in transit. Whatever you get think about how you'll fix it as attaching it to the van side won't be possible/easy so support brackets at either end into the cabinet sides is the way to go.

I put one under the end off the offside bed, works a treat, not in the way but easily accessible ... but see below for an idea!

I thought it had steps already? Ah, I've just managed to see a photos, there's quite a bit of space between the top step and the bed ... I'd go with a box half the width of the top step, in effect a third step, you could actually make this your bin. If you make it so that it is held in place with Velcro if you need to remove it you can.

I have insulated pads that I can use if I want to sleep that way (like the usual windscreen internal pads). Alternatively put some bars across to rest against, or make removable headboards held in place with Velcro so they don't drop out when you open the rear doors!

Have a look at B&M (or is it Home Bargains?), they do small suction clear acrylic type plastic baskets, about 69p ... they are very good and don't drop off! Or look on Ebay ... for plastic shelf/baskets ... there are loads to choose from![/quote]

Alfie159

Free Member
Mar 11, 2019
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin 640 2019
Exp
A net bag for shower could be an option for shower, that’s what I’ll do

I’m 5.2 as well I have to climb the bed by sitting on the ledge then shuffling back

Great tips re foil thermal blinds as I do t want to damage the ones factory fitted!

Ikea suction tubs my fav I stuck small toothbrush one to the mirror

I have the small white square bun also Ikea and last weekend just had it next to kitchen by the door and holds carrier bag sized bag

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Hi @Minxy Girl - will read all that lovely detail layer! The van is actually the SGX with the raising bed so it’s a fair bit higher.
Ah, mixing you up with that ruddy cat funster :D2 (@Cheshirecat57 )

Your profile doesn't say what your current camper is.

OP
OP
Jane And Rog

Jane And Rog

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 19, 2019
Ashford, Kent
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin 640 SGX
Exp
Since 2017
It was about to change! Will fix, thanks.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back