Adria Twin 640 owners / cycle racks? (1 Viewer)

Jan 6, 2017
East Devon
Funster No
MH
Murvi Morocco XL
Exp
since 2014
MEMO VAN STAR . Thanks for your replies. I like the Memo Van Star but its the weight that worries me. Must say I have been thinking of uprating as I have the right driving licence. But my second choice was the DL3 and will i think be my first choice. Still have a couple of months to make my mind up.
It is quite heavy - can't remember offhand but our van is rated at 4250kg so not an issue for us.

With ebikes, and all the other clobber you might be close to the limit at 3500kg.

gwyntaxi

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 9, 2009
,Swansea
Funster No
MH
hymer starline 655
Exp
42yearscaravanning&motorhoming
I thought the idea of a van with the raised fixed beds was so that one can put your bikes and other larger bits under them in exchange for a useless kitchen and very small lounging area. Am I missing something ?
We downsized as we wanted to be off site with a van that would be able to get to places that would be difficult with an A or coachbuid.
In nearly four years of “ van life “ has the size of our 6.34 camper stopped us getting anywhere we wanted to go, parking has led to being a bit inventive but never been beaten, yet !
Last year due to the Covid distancing we have used a toad ( Aygo ) instead of catching the odd bus, as soon as the situation allows it will be advertised on here .

BernieT
I’d have thought that underneath those high beds is already choc a bloc with various storage not reall ideal for winter touring Europe I don’t feel there’s enough storage room.

SWW

Oct 12, 2010
Funster No
We have an Adria twin 640 and have a Thule velo compact mounted on a tow bar with a detachable ball coupling. I can have a look for the make. We find it works very well and the tow bar tips backward so that you can open the back doors enough to turn off the glass at the ferry. On our two earlier Adrias we had door mounted fiamma ? racks but after many miles they did pull the doors a little out of true. I would advise the tow bar mounted rack, the number one reason being it is so much easier to get the bikes on and off!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Apr 5, 2017
Hassocks
Funster No
MH
Panel van
Exp
4.5 years
I have an Atera Strada DL3 from Roofbox company
it allows the back doors to open with the bikes on

Apr 9, 2019
East Riding Of Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
30 years Caravan 13 years Motorhome
I think the swing arm is the best option, they had only just come on the market in Europe and were very expensive. when we had our PVC. We had the e bikes on the towbar mounted rack and the backbox on the original door mounted rack as other funsters have said the doors on the Fiat are too lightweight, I had to straighten ours twice. So the towbar rack was best option, especially with air assist suspension fitted.

Dec 21, 2016
Pyrenees France
Funster No
MH
Adria Compact Access
Exp
Since 2017
The door mounted rack will not take two ebikes even with the battery removed. Lifting them would also be a problem.
When we bought the Cube eBikes at around 22kg each we changed to a tow ball mounted rack. The Thule Velocompact 2 bike and works well.
Could say the only issue is you cannot fully open the rear doors, but not found that a problem yet.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Attachments

• 20200620_151526.jpg
    20200620_151526.jpg
    352.5 KB · Views: 20
  • 20200608_142717.jpg
    20200608_142717.jpg
    236 KB · Views: 21

SD j

Free Member
May 9, 2020
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin supreme
Exp
Since 2000
The Van swing on its own weighs 25KG
Left or RH hinged available But pricey at £599.00
Any tow bar mounted bike rack will then fit .
Link Removed

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back