Adria Twin 22 models first arrival dates? (1 Viewer)

Mondo74

Free Member
Jun 24, 2021
Aberdeenshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin On Order
I was told last week that my Twin 600, ordered last August delayed to Dec, then Jan, March and now June possibly. However the destruction of a factory in Ukraine producing wiring harness's will have an unknown effect. I've cancelled the order and will be picking up a S/H Twin from Alan Kerr next week then down to Van Bitz for alarms etc. It's our first van, I'm 71, and need to get on with life.
I'd be doing likewise if there were any pop top twins available S/H but that's just not going to happen.

Apr 7, 2022
Funster No
MH
Awaiting Deliver
Hello Funsters

Anyone else getting the run-around on information about their Adria Order and basic details such as the actual MIRO to expect?

Has anyone with a twin supreme weighed the empty vehicle on delivery?

Any actual vehicle weights ( including all options added) would be very much appreciated.

My wife and I have just joined this forum having had an Adria Twin SGX on order since early September 2021 - we changed the colour later the same month. Like many we were asked to change our colour choice again in October. In stages we've seen the indicative delivery month slip from Jan/ Feb and just this week told the 160bhp engine on our order is no longer available and delivery is now indicated as September. (still '22 presumably!) Accepted that delays to the base vehicles are outwith Adria control!

Ever since we placed the order I have been asking for confirmation of the MIRO (we have 2 ebikes) - and getting absolutely nowhere with the Dealer.

Recent questions - including MIRO - again - and some admittedly more detailed ones including a request to confirm exactly what's included in any MIRO I might be given - just to be sure! (See below for why!)

That resulted in a reply saying I couldn't expect him as the Dealer to know any of that! (Do MH dealers have far too easy a life these days?)

Well no, actually I didn't expect him to know the answers.

I'd already told him I was asking these ? only because I had on two occasions used the Adria web contact form and had no reply after 3 weeks. So I had asked the dealer these ? only after he'd told me that Adria had not received my contact forms. (Sent a screen grab of the Adria Page "someone will be in touch shortly" with the dates!)

The Dealer's suggestion is that we should cancel our order rather than ask what are apparently too difficult questions - the primary one being MIRO!

Well of course both the Dealer (who probably now regrets giving us a discount on RRP) and Adria (who have to hold the '21 price) would be delighted if we did cancel!

Why am I asking detailed ? about MIRO/ option weights and available payload you might say!

Before ordering I'd downloaded the SGX tech data from Adria and in total now have 3 different values

18th August 21 MIRO = 3116kg
3rd Sep 21 MIRO=2940kg (day we ordered)
and today (8th April 22) MIRO 2965kg

Now all other sources (reviews etc) suggest that something around 2965kg is probably correct, but I like to be sure when spending not far short of £70k!

AFTER ordering, the vehicle spec sent by the dealer contains no value for the MIRO, but on the very last page (the second last is 80% blank so I only spotted this much later when I printed the order to file it) there are the following lines:-

Please note that:
The Mass In Running Order weight does not include the weights of the “All Inclusive Pack” or “FIAT Luxury
Pack”.
The payload weight does not have the weights of the “All Inclusive Pack” or "FIAT Luxury Pack" subtracted
from.

Oh dear I thought, does that leave us with enough Payload?

So I immediately started asking the dealer for the weights of all the options we'd added.

Several times since last year.

At first we were told that would only be known when 22MY vehicles arrived. But only this week - after asking yet again - the dealer has finally sent a list (file properties show it dates from Feb 22!) of the weights of every option.

That list shows that the "All inclusive pack" is 70kg and the "Fiat Luxury Pack" is another 10kg (only after searching this Forum again did I find that someone had uploaded an Adria handbook from 2012 (attached) with almost exactly the same information as I have now been sent by the Dealer .

We think we'll probably go for the standard 140bhp (with the auto box) rather than pay another £2.5K for the 180bhp on the heavy chassis which we are told is the only other option now available. That despite having only just enough payload on the 2500kg chassis IF the basic MIRO is somewhere near 2965kg before the various options added. We both have C1 licences but would rather stick to 3500kg for all the usual reasons.

We've been told by the Dealer that we cannot change ANY other element of our order- despite being told we must change the engine!

Any others in a similar position?

Norman & Margo

May 30, 2019
Aberdeen, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin Supreme
Exp
Since 2018
Don’t know how much help this is however I have a 2021 SLB 140bhp auto with the largest fridge.

Weighed it last year in full running trim so loaded for travel with self, wife, dog (16kg), food, clothes etc.

In the garage I had 2 folding chairs (6.2kg each) and 2 electric Bramptons (16.4kg each) plus assorted “stuff”.

If I recall I had 50%water, 25% grey and 75% fuel.

I was bang on 3,500kg which was surprise and concerning so ditching some of the stuff.

I think the SGX is a little heavier than the SPB?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jul 28, 2021
British South West Somerset
Funster No
MH
Rapido Dreamer PVC
Exp
Minimal
Hello Funsters

Anyone else getting the run-around on information about their Adria Order and basic details such as the actual MIRO to expect?

Has anyone with a twin supreme weighed the empty vehicle on delivery?

Any actual vehicle weights ( including all options added) would be very much appreciated.

My wife and I have just joined this forum having had an Adria Twin SGX on order since early September 2021 - we changed the colour later the same month. Like many we were asked to change our colour choice again in October. In stages we've seen the indicative delivery month slip from Jan/ Feb and just this week told the 160bhp engine on our order is no longer available and delivery is now indicated as September. (still '22 presumably!) Accepted that delays to the base vehicles are outwith Adria control!

Ever since we placed the order I have been asking for confirmation of the MIRO (we have 2 ebikes) - and getting absolutely nowhere with the Dealer.

Recent questions - including MIRO - again - and some admittedly more detailed ones including a request to confirm exactly what's included in any MIRO I might be given - just to be sure! (See below for why!)

That resulted in a reply saying I couldn't expect him as the Dealer to know any of that! (Do MH dealers have far too easy a life these days?)

Well no, actually I didn't expect him to know the answers.

I'd already told him I was asking these ? only because I had on two occasions used the Adria web contact form and had no reply after 3 weeks. So I had asked the dealer these ? only after he'd told me that Adria had not received my contact forms. (Sent a screen grab of the Adria Page "someone will be in touch shortly" with the dates!)

The Dealer's suggestion is that we should cancel our order rather than ask what are apparently too difficult questions - the primary one being MIRO!

Well of course both the Dealer (who probably now regrets giving us a discount on RRP) and Adria (who have to hold the '21 price) would be delighted if we did cancel!

Why am I asking detailed ? about MIRO/ option weights and available payload you might say!

Before ordering I'd downloaded the SGX tech data from Adria and in total now have 3 different values

18th August 21 MIRO = 3116kg
3rd Sep 21 MIRO=2940kg (day we ordered)
and today (8th April 22) MIRO 2965kg

Now all other sources (reviews etc) suggest that something around 2965kg is probably correct, but I like to be sure when spending not far short of £70k!

AFTER ordering, the vehicle spec sent by the dealer contains no value for the MIRO, but on the very last page (the second last is 80% blank so I only spotted this much later when I printed the order to file it) there are the following lines:-

Please note that:
The Mass In Running Order weight does not include the weights of the “All Inclusive Pack” or “FIAT Luxury
Pack”.
The payload weight does not have the weights of the “All Inclusive Pack” or "FIAT Luxury Pack" subtracted
from.

Oh dear I thought, does that leave us with enough Payload?

So I immediately started asking the dealer for the weights of all the options we'd added.

Several times since last year.

At first we were told that would only be known when 22MY vehicles arrived. But only this week - after asking yet again - the dealer has finally sent a list (file properties show it dates from Feb 22!) of the weights of every option.

That list shows that the "All inclusive pack" is 70kg and the "Fiat Luxury Pack" is another 10kg (only after searching this Forum again did I find that someone had uploaded an Adria handbook from 2012 (attached) with almost exactly the same information as I have now been sent by the Dealer .

We think we'll probably go for the standard 140bhp (with the auto box) rather than pay another £2.5K for the 180bhp on the heavy chassis which we are told is the only other option now available. That despite having only just enough payload on the 2500kg chassis IF the basic MIRO is somewhere near 2965kg before the various options added. We both have C1 licences but would rather stick to 3500kg for all the usual reasons.

We've been told by the Dealer that we cannot change ANY other element of our order- despite being told we must change the engine!

Any others in a similar position?

Norman & Margo
Presuming you ordered the upgrade 160bhp, if you downgrade to a 140bhp you should be due a reduction in price!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back