Adria Matrix Drop-down Bed (1 Viewer)

May 22, 2016
Surrey
Funster No
MH
Adria Matrix 600DT
Exp
Since 2012
We've just taken delivery of our new Matrix 600 and the fuse for dropdown bed keeps blowing. The original fuse was 2 Amps... for a motor thats rated up to 25 Amp. I understand that the motor draws more current as it works harder... more bedding etc being lifted, but I wonder what other owners find they need? Also, whats the overall verdict and advice about these electric beds? Our old Hymer bed operated on gas struts and elbow-grease... never failed.

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
They've been around in some makes of RV for years and do go wrong. Unlike slideouts that use electric motors, most leccy beds I've seen don't tend to have a manual overide, ie a crank handle. So they are often stuck up down or somewhere between.

Last edited:

knickam

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 5, 2020
Fraserburgh, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Matrix Supreme
Exp
2 years
We've just taken delivery of our new Matrix 600 and the fuse for dropdown bed keeps blowing. The original fuse was 2 Amps... for a motor thats rated up to 25 Amp. I understand that the motor draws more current as it works harder... more bedding etc being lifted, but I wonder what other owners find they need? Also, whats the overall verdict and advice about these electric beds? Our old Hymer bed operated on gas struts and elbow-grease... never failed.
It may be that you have too much bedding and it is trying to squash it against the roof. Is this the case or is the fuse blowing before it reaches the top?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Homer-Adria
May 22, 2016
Surrey
Funster No
MH
Adria Matrix 600DT
Exp
Since 2012
When it had the original 2 Amp fuse it blew several times mid-way. Ive now upped the fuse to 15Amp but it blew again with just duvet and pillows... nothing too heavy.

OP
OP
Homer-Adria
May 22, 2016
Surrey
Funster No
MH
Adria Matrix 600DT
Exp
Since 2012
Im starting to think there's a problem with the mechanism... maybe too much friction? Surely it should be able to handle basic bedding?

Trout bum

Free Member
Sep 7, 2016
Ayr
Funster No
MH
Adria Matrix M670SL
Exp
Hi I have the Matrix 670sl model only had the fuse blow twice I just press the reset button and it's fine again but I don't have any bedding on it just the mattress, I add bedding once it's down .

Jul 12, 2013
The City of Henlow
Funster No
MH
Adria Supreme
Exp
Since 1980
Methinks there could be a problem here. Blowing a 15amp seems that there is a fault. The very first time I tried out the drop down, it blew its re-settable fuse. Has not done it since.

Colino

Free Member
Jan 19, 2021
Funster No
MH
Hobby T65HFL
On our manual drop down bed (Hobby t65) we can't leave any bedding on it because it won't lock in place.

OP
OP
Homer-Adria
May 22, 2016
Surrey
Funster No
MH
Adria Matrix 600DT
Exp
Since 2012
Unfortunately ours does not have a re-settable fuse. We are off to France this weekend to do some user checks as we've only had the MoHo for a few days.... I'd better take a box of fuses with me!

knickam

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 5, 2020
Fraserburgh, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Matrix Supreme
Exp
2 years
Sounds like there is definitely something wrong.

On the early 2021 matrix there is an issue with the motor shaft bending when people have too much stuff on the bed and pushing it against the roof. It does not go high enough to reach the cut off microswitch allowing the motor to keep trying to raise the bed causing the damage.

There is a recall for this to fit new parts to prevent this but unfortunately the bed will be about 2'' lower and not very satisfactory.

There is a mk 2 repair in the pipeline which will use overload protection.

I don't know if your newer model will have been redesigned.

OP
OP
Homer-Adria
May 22, 2016
Surrey
Funster No
MH
Adria Matrix 600DT
Exp
Since 2012
As usual, FANTASTIC advice from the community... thanks everyone!
I shall feedback and share info when I've had it looked at by Adria dealer.

Nov 13, 2019
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
I'm a newbie
We have a Matrix Axess 590 ST with the drop down bed. It was in Warranty repair for an age await spare parts for the bed mechanism from Slovenia. It was eventually mended now but when we collected it we were informed that it is now subject to recall and the estimated time of delivery of the spare part (which looks like a redesign of a cantilver) is late January 2023

Sep 26, 2010
North Wales
Funster No
MH
Hymer B654
Exp
Since 2009
Hi Homer,
Did you find a fuse (other than the resettable fuse) for the dropdown bed please and if so where is it? Our friends have a Adria Matrix 670 and the bed is stuck in down position, won’t go up. Thanks

Feb 19, 2020
North Ayrshire
Funster No
MH
Adria Matrix 670SC
Exp
Hi Homer,
Did you find a fuse (other than the resettable fuse) for the dropdown bed please and if so where is it? Our friends have a Adria Matrix 670 and the bed is stuck in down position, won’t go up. Thanks
On mine there is a 10 amp resettable fuse on a button above the bed switch. There is also a fuse on the Nordelectrica charging unit. I think it's marked for "step"

Sep 26, 2010
North Wales
Funster No
MH
Hymer B654
Exp
Since 2009
On mine there is a 10 amp resettable fuse on a button above the bed switch. There is also a fuse on the Nordelectrica charging unit. I think it's marked for "step"
Many thanks, that could help, particularly the fuse on the Nordelectrica unit.

OP
OP
Homer-Adria
May 22, 2016
Surrey
Funster No
MH
Adria Matrix 600DT
Exp
Since 2012
Hi Homer,
Hi Johnandi
we've just got a single fuse.... its on the electroblock under the bench seat. I think later models (our is late 2020) have a resettable fuse (as standard fit) located near the Bed up/down switch.
I hope this helps.

Sep 26, 2010
North Wales
Funster No
MH
Hymer B654
Exp
Since 2009
Hi Johnandi
we've just got a single fuse.... its on the electroblock under the bench seat. I think later models (our is late 2020) have a resettable fuse (as standard fit) located near the Bed up/down switch.
I hope this helps.
Thanks Homer,
I think there's seems to be the resettable fuse type but they've ended up taking it to a workshop who have identified a faulty motor (on near side).
Thanks for your reply though,
John

Apr 30, 2018
Mid Suffolk
Funster No
MH
Adria Matrix 670DC
Exp
Motorhoming since 2018.
Hi Johnandi
I hope this helps.
I thought all Adria,s have the reset switch on the main control panel, adjacent to the toggle switch for lowering and raising the bed. You also need to make sure the dummy wall cabinet door is in the open position before the toggle switch will operate.

I wouldn’t think the weight of bedding is the reason for the bed not to lift.

Jul 12, 2013
The City of Henlow
Funster No
MH
Adria Supreme
Exp
Since 1980
Having our fuse blow once, I always help the motor by pushing the bed up. If it is blowing with 15amp fuse, your problem sounds more like the motor or something jammed.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back