Adria Matrix 590 or Swift Escape 604 (1 Viewer)

GaryGazmomd

Free Member
May 25, 2020
Funster No
MH
Just looking
Exp
Hello everyone. We live in Buckinghamshire and are looking at buying either the Swift escape 604 or the Adria Matrix 590. We have looked online and the only possible viewings for sale we can find are over 100 miles away in different directions. We would prefer not to travel that far and was hoping with the help of this site that someone could point us in the right direction to view one, even maybe if someone is kind enough that isn't selling to let us have a little nose. We obviously wouldn't mind travelling some way to view them.
Also any help is appreciated, we know these are similar motor homes but just need some advice on which may have the upper hand.
Thank you very much and we look forward to your replies

DP+JAY

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 17, 2010
Dalbeattie
Funster No
MH
Laika 5009
Exp
since 2007, 25 years tuggin before that.
Of those two, definitely the Adria.

DP

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Dec 2, 2019
South Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7065+
Exp
Broken most bits now
The Slovenian built Adrias are aimed at the LHD market so hab door is on the wrong side for UK. The Hull built Swift are aimed at the RHD market so hab door is on the better side if mainly using it in Britain. No biggy but may be worth adding to your confusion ?

Oct 17, 2013
Plymouth
Funster No
MH
Adria Compact
Exp
Since 2013
Are you buying new or used? We had a 2014 reg Adria 590 and used it a lot in the 3 years we owned it. We p/exed it for a bigger Burstner, still with a drop down bed but it was longitudinal and dropped lower to make it easier to climb in and out for old knees. Our Adria was well made, we liked it a lot, only little niggles like flimsy cupboard latches and a lack of an oven. The mechanism on the bed was lopsided until properly adjusted, that was something that was better on the Burstner

Apr 19, 2019
Funster No
MH
Carado T339
Exp
5 years
Don't mean to be mean but......Adria Adria Adria.

Mar 2, 2016
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral
Exp
Im a newbe
Hi Gary I have an old mate who is selling his Adria motorhome but I don't know all the details except that he lives in Surrey which is not to far away from you so if you are interested I will give you his contact number . regards Cliff.

Dec 6, 2011
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Coach built Adria
Exp
Since 2007
ADRIA, no question. the hab door on the wrong side for UK roads is no issue.

we have had our Adria Coral since new for the past 8 years we have no issues with the build quality other than a locker key some tightfisted person!!! broke :blush:

I am sad to say that I would have to think long and hard before i bought a Brit made van. however, i am sure there are good and bad in all.

OP
OP
GaryGazmomd

GaryGazmomd

Free Member
May 25, 2020
Funster No
MH
Just looking
Exp
Yes please cliffy boy that would be amazing. How do we exchange details

OP
OP
GaryGazmomd

GaryGazmomd

Free Member
May 25, 2020
Funster No
MH
Just looking
Exp
Hi Gary I have an old mate who is selling his Adria motorhome but I don't know all the details except that he lives in Surrey which is not to far away from you so if you are interested I will give you his contact number . regards Cliff.
That would be great if you could forward the details

OP
OP
GaryGazmomd

GaryGazmomd

Free Member
May 25, 2020
Funster No
MH
Just looking
Exp
Thank you all so much for the replies and thank you Cliff. I have contacted your friend and will wait for a response.
I'm sorry to throw a spanner in the works but I am very new to this and this forum has been the best research so far.

Would anyone have anything to say about the Chausson 520, welcome 530 and the benimar Tesoro 481. Would anyone sway towards these rather than the Adria as they also tickle my fancy.

Thank you

May 14, 2014
Funster No
MH
Now a little one
We downsized last year from a A Class to a Chausson 530VIP Premium. The layout works for us and the lounge area like that of an A Class and has the benefit of a full size washroom across the back with separate shower. There is also a really useful rear boot for storage.

All in less than 6 metres so can go places where the A Class struggled.

PM me if you want more details.

WESTY66

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 17, 2017
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago Chic C-Line
Exp
All the gear, and no idea!
Gary, I would take even more time out and reassess what you need/want. It won’t be long before the dealers are open and you can have a shufty round lots of vans. We looked for two years went to the dealers joined this forum and did the big shows, all BEFORE we bought a van. Did we buy the right van? No turns out what we THOUGHT we wanted in a van, was way out what we think NOW is more practical. We bought a Brit van, Elddis Encore which had the lovely lounge/kitchen, Mrs Westy thought she was going to be entertaining!!! Nope, In reality it’s not like the romantic idea of what you will do with your first van, But even so with the brit van I was lucky it had no apparent faults in our ownership or the dreaded damp. We now have an A Class Adria sonic, big garage, huge payload and LHD which is quite the opposite of our first elddis!!
We looked at everything we thought we could afford, and some we couldnt😁😁
New chaussons? Nope I didn’t feel they was solidly put together. Benimar?? Great vans robustly built and good features BUT watch the payload😉. We find the adria’s are well put together and quite solid as is most of the continental vans around that kid of price, sorry to ramble on but it gives you an idea.

Ady

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back