Free Member
Oct 11, 2007
North Wales
Funster No
MH
Low Line
Exp
20+
My Adria will be due for it's first service later this year, can anybody recommend a good Adria dealer for getting the service done. Up to now the one I bought it from & another that did some warranty work didn't impress me.:Sad::Sad: Don't have any confidence they would do much more than stamp my book.
I did email Adria to ask if I can use an independant suitably qualified person to carry out the habitation check but their reply was that I had to use an Adria dealler to maintain the warranty :Angry:
I can get the base vehicle serviced (Renault) provided they are vat registered & use only genuine Renault parts :thumb::thumb: (I seem to remember that there was something about making the monopoly on vehicle servicing illegal).

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Niesman+Bischoff 79e
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 10
Hi Ed
there is something and lowe in Stoke on trent.
Can't speak for there quality as not used them but have ordered parts from them and they appear friendly.

I get CLS to do mine, but warranty is over now, so thankfully don't have to pay extortion prices.

you can find a comrehensive list on adria's web site.

madbluemad

Banned
Jan 26, 2008
spain
Funster No
MH
just looking
Exp
since 1980
I woudnt pay anybody to carry out a habitation check.

First off I dont believe it gets done properley and second I can do it myself.

Its a visual examination only. You are probabley carrying out these checks week in week out yourself without thinking about it.

The one thing I would have checked by a professional is the gas system

Jim

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Niesman+Bischoff 79e
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 10
I woudnt pay anybody to carry out a habitation check.

First off I dont believe it gets done properley and second I can do it myself.

Its a visual examination only. You are probabley carrying out these checks week in week out yourself without thinking about it.

The one thing I would have checked by a professional is the gas system

Jim

problem is Jim its warranty stuff at the age of kontikis van.

I use CLS who is extremely reasonable for a quick hab check and then all engine work I do myself.

Sep 27, 2007
Shropshire based
Funster No
MH
Globecar
Exp
started in 2001
OP
OP
Kon tiki

Kon tiki

Free Member
Oct 11, 2007
North Wales
Funster No
MH
Low Line
Exp
20+
From the Adria website they don't list Moran as one of their dealers. I can get the list of dealers from the Adria website but if the rest are like the two I've dealt with I might as well just send them the cash & ask them to stamp my book as I don't have much faith in them.
Just hoping somebody could recommend an Adria dealer who will carry out the service reliably as it's going to cost almost £200 :cry::cry::cry: Unfortunately I have to use one of their dealers to keep my warranty up to date.

Sep 27, 2007
Shropshire based
Funster No
MH
Globecar
Exp
started in 2001
From the Adria website they don't list Moran as one of their dealers. I can get the list of dealers from the Adria website but if the rest are like the two I've dealt with I might as well just send them the cash & ask them to stamp my book as I don't have much faith in them.
Just hoping somebody could recommend an Adria dealer who will carry out the service reliably as it's going to cost almost £200 :cry::cry::cry: Unfortunately I have to use one of their dealers to keep my warranty up to date.

Hi Kon tiki

Sorry I mis led you, I've just checked Morans webb site and there is no reference to Adria.:Blush:

You could still ring them and have a chat, after all, the hab. service will not require any "Adria" items, and an official stamp will proove your service has been carried out, including the damp ingress examination.

We have never paid £200.00 for our hab. services.

Nomadic

OP
OP
Kon tiki

Kon tiki

Free Member
Oct 11, 2007
North Wales
Funster No
MH
Low Line
Exp
20+
The habitation service HAS to be carried out by an Adria dealer to be able to get the book stamped for the warranty. At the moment the best I am getting is £350 :cry: for both the Adria habitation & Renault service to keep my warranty up to date.

HeatherChloe

Free Member
Mar 17, 2011
London
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
The habitation service HAS to be carried out by an Adria dealer to be able to get the book stamped for the warranty. At the moment the best I am getting is £350 :cry: for both the Adria habitation & Renault service to keep my warranty up to date.

It's only a two year warranty though, isn't it? So that means the first year you get it stamped and then after that, you can do what you want as you're not in warranty anymore.

To the person who says that you can do it yourself - what do you actually have to do? I assume that the habitation service involves some clever technical checking that I couldn't possibly understand or do, but if that's not the case, I'd happily skip the check.

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
See att,Hab check-list
terry