Adria Electric bed raise issue (1 Viewer)

Timbob1961

Free Member
Mar 17, 2021
Funster No
MH
Matrix Supreme 670
My Adria 670SL 2018 has a problem whereby when you push to raise the drivers side raises up before the passenger side and trips the 12 amp resettable breaker.
After a few seconds you can reset and try again.
Too much resistance for the motor.
Does anyone know how to adjust these raising mechanism to equalise each side and avoid snagging?
Cheers Tim

Aug 6, 2013
Kendal, Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Le-Voyageur RX958 Pl
Exp
since 1999
I think you'll find that synchronisation only occurs when each side hits its limit switch. Why is one side so slow? Do you have all pillows on one side?

OP
OP
T

Timbob1961

Free Member
Mar 17, 2021
Funster No
MH
Matrix Supreme 670
No pillows etc...I think something is out of line causing snagging of the mechanism

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

andy63

Free Member
Jan 19, 2014
south shields
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
since 1990
Hi.. I dont know your van so not sure what the mechanism is that moves the bed.. on mine it's belts.. and it would be possible for the bed to move unevenly if the belt had slipped or moved on its spindle.. I can access the workings on mine by removing the mattress and slats...
Andy..

OP
OP
T

Timbob1961

Free Member
Mar 17, 2021
Funster No
MH
Matrix Supreme 670
It seems that the speed of raising is faster on the drivers side causing the issue

andy63

Free Member
Jan 19, 2014
south shields
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
since 1990
Again if the bed is suspended on belts it could be the belt coil has become misaligned and colkapsed on the shaft.. giving effectively a smaller diameter winding drum so to speak....on mine it's just one motor doing the driving so any difference in speed of movement would have to be down to something like that..
Of course if yours is gears and linkages then the above explanation is of no use..
Andy..

OP
OP
T

Timbob1961

Free Member
Mar 17, 2021
Funster No
MH
Matrix Supreme 670
Taken all weight out of cupboards on drivers side..
Bed raises without overload trip now albeit still drivers first by 75mm until limits hit

Jan 27, 2018
Northampton
Funster No
MH
Rapido & Bongone
Repeat the correct on lower off on sequence a few times. The plc has lost its home position, the drive difference may reduce. This is a guess not knowing your precise set up, i have a sytem 2000 set up on a rapido which on a qick look was different to a rollerteam, i also have a few years of uaing /programming plcs. weight additional to the bed is not usual. You may have found your problem.

Mar 6, 2020
Funster No
MH
Adria matrix
Exp
13 years
My Adria 670SL 2018 has a problem whereby when you push to raise the drivers side raises up before the passenger side and trips the 12 amp resettable breaker.
After a few seconds you can reset and try again.
Too much resistance for the motor.
Does anyone know how to adjust these raising mechanism to equalise each side and avoid snagging?
Cheers Tim
Sorry for the ( very ) late reply as I have only just seen this.

The mechanism cannot be adjusted and the left and right motors are not synchronised, each one does its own thing and when they get out of step they draw too much current and trip the resettable fuse.

We had this problem on our Matrix 670SLT 2018 from new. The dealer salesman said it could be moved up and down and stopped in any position, ideal as we removed the mattress and use the bed to store lightweight folding chairs, folding table, flexible solar panel, rotary washing drier and umbrella's etc.
Used for this purpose it was only lowered part way down and the dealer then blamed it on not being fully lowered occasionally to 'synchronise' the left and right motors ?. this needs the cushions below removing each time and doesn't really cure the problem..

When I persisted with this complaint a dealer admitted that there was a fix/modification ( not a recall, as such !) but they had done a few under warranty when the customers complained enough.
The mod involves changing the complete 2-wire motor units for 4-wire driven ones and adding considerable wiring to a new electronic control unit which keeps the 2 motor units in sync. The resettable fuse is dispensed with but the up/down button is reused in the same position.

The job takes around 2 days and therefore expensive as the new wiring is routed through the roof channels to access the new controller in the space behind the TV cupboard ( above fridge freezer ).
The modified set-up works much better, but not perfect and sometimes needs a hand-up to get started at first to get moving on the way up but it does keep in step and level.

Mine was fortunately done under warranty ( with some considerable debate before getting the work agreed with Adria ) with also many months wait for the parts to arrive.
I understand 2019 models onward have this uprated motor/control gear fitted as standard on the electric beds.

If you intend to work on the lifting mechanism -
Be aware the bed and ironwork etc is very heavy and requires acro-prop type supports under it to enable the steel lifting arms/Gas struts to be disconnected or the motor units worked on.

MisterB

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 25, 2018
Essex
Funster No
MH
Adria 670 SLT
Exp
enough to know i shouldnt touch things i know nothing about ....
I'm learning to live with it on our 670SLT - it's a minor inconvenience, although it does seem to 'judder' at times and I am pretty certain the two sides are not perfectly aligned. We didn't buy ours from new so I suspect the warranty on the bed mechanism might not be in force, but no harm in asking Adria I suppose as it's still less than 3 years old.

Mar 6, 2020
Funster No
MH
Adria matrix
Exp
13 years
Just realised there is another thread 198033 ( Drop down bed ) about the Adria Matrix electric beds which also confirms this levelling issue is a common problem with them.
From the replies on the above thread it seems there are different bed mechanisms ( all based on heavy steel folding bar design ) but mine has Gas Struts as well as the motor ram units. It appears the gas struts, which look quite substantial, are compressed when you lower the bed and then help the motors to lift the bed. So if you lower the bed to try any adjustment extreme caution would be required if any part of the mechanical mechanism is dismantled ?

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back