Adria Coral Locker brackets---problem (1 Viewer)

Euromobil

Free Member
Jun 23, 2009
hampshire
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral
Exp
Since 2010
Can anyone help please, the photo shows the inside of our overhead locker. The bottom fixes are pulling out of the wood making the locker sag. Before I go charging in, does any one know how these are held into the mdf?. Are they just push fit ?, Glued? or screwed in ? Any advice appreciated, thanks
20200718_111736.jpg

OP
OP
Euromobil

Euromobil

Free Member
Jun 23, 2009
hampshire
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral
Exp
Since 2010
How old is the motorhome? Did not think it was MDF? Thought it was light weight Ply board ?

kev :unsure:
2012, you could be right, I just sort of assumed the cabinets were mdf, not sure how I could tell.
What I don't want to do is try to get the fixing out and do more damage, hence softly softly

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Feb 2, 2015
Shropshire, UK
Funster No
MH
A motorhome!
Exp
we are still learning
I had a similar fault in an earlier motorhome we had. The plastic bit that sits inside the base of your locker (If like mine) should be screwed into the lower part and then from underneath (Normally behind a sticker looking like wood grain (Screw cover) it screws up into the wooden support on the back wall securing it to the wall. Does that make any sense? Hope it does?

Kev

OP
OP
Euromobil

Euromobil

Free Member
Jun 23, 2009
hampshire
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral
Exp
Since 2010
Thanks Kev,

I will try to wriggle underneath and look for screw coverings, that was what was afeard of, did not want to risk trying to pull it out and make things worse.

Feb 19, 2020
North Ayrshire
Funster No
MH
Adria Matrix 670SC
Exp
If it is just a push fit that’s come loose mix up some epoxy/araldite, thicken it with talc or fine sawdust fill the hole with it then push in the shelf clip. Leave it 24 hours before putting weight on it.

OP
OP
Euromobil

Euromobil

Free Member
Jun 23, 2009
hampshire
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral
Exp
Since 2010
If it is just a push fit that’s come loose mix up some epoxy/araldite, thicken it with talc or fine sawdust fill the hole with it then push in the shelf clip. Leave it 24 hours before putting weight on it.
thanks, first I have to see if there is a screw as well, mirror job I think ! trouble is the bottom of the locker has dropped about 1/4" and will need pulling up.
Cant understand how it happened the locker only holds pillows.

Emmit

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Pilote Explorateur
Exp
Jan.2014
It's not what is actually in the locker. It's the locker weight as a whole and the constant vibration and jolting the chassis receives (transported throughout the whole body of the vehicle).

Seems to me, poor design in that there are insufficient supports for the weight to be held.

Jul 12, 2013
The City of Henlow
Funster No
MH
Adria Supreme
Exp
Since 1980
As few other people have come back, I guess that either a screw has come out and can be simply fixed rather than damage. I do not have my van here just now to check.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back