adria coral 660 sl electrics not working on only 12 volt (1 Viewer)

abra80dog

Free Member
Nov 2, 2014
milton keynes
Funster No
MH
ADRIA CORAL 660SL
Exp
IM A NEWBIE
Hi, being a complete newbie to motorhoming ( just sold my caravan as i got fed up with towing).
We purchased an Adria coral a couple of months ago and have been out a couple of times, always on 240 volt hook up (everything working fine). However thinking back we realise now that we have a strange fault on the electrical side so any suggestions (hopefully ones that point to me being a complete idiot are most welcome as they always seem to be the cheapest ones).
So; let me explain the problem:
If unhooked from 240v no 12 volt items work in the van.
leisure battery is fully charged and I have also tried linking another battery to it to make sure that the leisure one is ok
If I turn on the engine then I have all of the 12v stuff apart from the electric step which still wont work until we connect up the 240 volt.
green light is not on on the control panel but if you use the switch on the panel you can here the control box relay switching but it dont work!
Anybody got any ideas, hints, point me in the right direction etc.
Just as an after thought; when th engine is running the step just judders a bit then nothing.
Bernie

JeanLuc

Free Member
Nov 17, 2008
Warwickshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer B630 Star-Line
Exp
Since 2007
Welcome to 'Fun' - I cannot offer any helpful suggestions but it might be useful if you can specify what make / model of charging system you have and any model numbers on the control panel. I think various systems work in different ways so you will increase your chances of a good answer if someone else can recognise your system.

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
Hi have you checked the fuse, I'm sure there's a separate one in the back which might explain why stuff works via engine. We have the Matrix and I can't think of any switch to isolate your 12v like some Motorhomes have.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jan 22, 2013
London SE
Funster No
MH
A class Adria vision I707
Exp
since 1971
I have an Adria vision and when I lossed my 12 volt hab power it turned out to be the fuse in the battery box had corroded,
Replace it with a new one and all is fine,
Worth checking!

OP
OP
abra80dog

abra80dog

Free Member
Nov 2, 2014
milton keynes
Funster No
MH
ADRIA CORAL 660SL
Exp
IM A NEWBIE
Hi, I have checked the fuses on the control box and also there are another 4 on cables inthe same area as the control box; all ok.

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
There could be one or two very big fuses wired directly into cables going to the batteries. Each of my two leisure batteries has its own fuse. Not sure of their rating as I haven't looked that closely but they could be 100 amp or something like this . They are physically very big.

DP+JAY

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 17, 2010
Dalbeattie
Funster No
MH
Laika 5009
Exp
since 2007, 25 years tuggin before that.
There is a large fuse near the battery which may be the culprit.
Is your control panel working? is it showing battery volts?
The step won't work with the engine running as it retracts as soon as the engine starts.
Just thought there is also a small fuse near the battery which feeds the control panel when off grid so that is worth checking too.

Last edited:
OP
OP
abra80dog

abra80dog

Free Member
Nov 2, 2014
milton keynes
Funster No
MH
ADRIA CORAL 660SL
Exp
IM A NEWBIE
Hi Phillip,
the charging system (control box) is a SCHAUDT electroblok EBL208S.

OP
OP
abra80dog

abra80dog

Free Member
Nov 2, 2014
milton keynes
Funster No
MH
ADRIA CORAL 660SL
Exp
IM A NEWBIE
More fuses huh? I will go and have another look on the cables; am I right in thinking these will be in-line fuses / holder as opposed to mounted ones?

DP+JAY

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 17, 2010
Dalbeattie
Funster No
MH
Laika 5009
Exp
since 2007, 25 years tuggin before that.
They are in two seperate holders screwed to the side of the battery compartment.

OP
OP
abra80dog

abra80dog

Free Member
Nov 2, 2014
milton keynes
Funster No
MH
ADRIA CORAL 660SL
Exp
IM A NEWBIE
Thank you people; you certainly steered me in the right direction and I have found the fault. It was the fuse holder from the battery; had a dodgy connection that must have been arcing for a while. I just crimped it bak up; gave it a good wire brushing and everything is now working as it should.
A very big thankyou to you all as i was stating to give up, just needed that bit of knowledge to help me.

Thanks again

OP
OP
abra80dog

abra80dog

Free Member
Nov 2, 2014
milton keynes
Funster No
MH
ADRIA CORAL 660SL
Exp