Aug 21, 2015
Southampton
Funster No
MH
A/T Impala 615
Exp
I'm a slightly less experienced newbie and still learning
Hi all

Currently a caravanner looking at the above (lovely moho) but it has, what appears to be a smaller fridge than our van has, does anyone have experience of this size and is willing to comment on the usability of the same. There is a considerable amount of space under it which could be used to enable fitment of a larger one.

So guidance requested
"loss of storage or larger fridge)?

Ray

denisejoe

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 6, 2014
Warden isle of sheppy
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2004
When we bought our current motorhome we went from a big fridge/freezer to an under-counter fridge with just a fairly small ice box. It's doable but I have to admit it's hard. I would much prefer the bigger one but can cope with the smaller one. It's shouldn't be a deal breaker.

OP
OP
R
Aug 21, 2015
Southampton
Funster No
MH
A/T Impala 615
Exp
Hi
Thanks for your reply, my thoughts at the moment are pretty much what you say, but think again as you say a bigger size would of course be favourable but the storage is as a plus as well.
Oh decisions!
Ray

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jun 30, 2011
Barnard Castle, UK
Funster No
MH
Concorde Concerto
Exp
Since 2007
If you are used to a larger fridge it will be a big miss I fear, depending on how long you go away for and if you like to camp away from shops etc for days on end.

Cheshirecat57

Free Member
Feb 3, 2018
Mid Cheshire
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years on and off
When we were picking this new one, the large fridge was one of the “red lines” that could not be crossed

OP
OP
R
Aug 21, 2015
Southampton
Funster No
MH
A/T Impala 615
Exp
Thanks Caz Paul & Cheshirecats57
Useful comments, must not allow myself to get blinded by the glitz versus practicalities!
Ray

OP
OP
R
Aug 21, 2015
Southampton
Funster No
MH
A/T Impala 615
Exp
Thanks Stroppy Bird
I had seen where the link you gave took you, which to a certain extent posed the question. Would like to be able to get the actual details types/ capacity of both etc. Have Googled Thetford 84L and 149L compressor Fridge and unfortunately not been able to find this information.
Ray

sedge

Funster
Jul 7, 2009
Nr Jct 3 M6
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Aug 09 to date 9,000 miles!
Isn't the first one 84 litres and the second 149 litres? In the UK we use 'L' as the abbreviation for the word litre.

(For instance the blood test meters which people with diabetes use measures in mmol/L, whereas elsewhere in the world many countries use mg/dL.)

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Isn't the first one 84 litres and the second 149 litres? In the UK we use 'L' as the abbreviation for the word litre.

(For instance the blood test meters which people with diabetes use measures in mmol/L, whereas elsewhere in the world many countries use mg/dL.)
1602429761777.png

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138

I think the 149L one may be based on the original absorption (3-way) one as I can't find a compressor one so could be obsolete now and replaced with the 152L one:

OP
OP
R
Aug 21, 2015
Southampton
Funster No
MH
A/T Impala 615
Exp
Thanks Minxy Girl
I see you often across the many M.F. boards generally with relevant, pertinent and sound advice. Also not being unwilling to enter the contentious and humerous ones as well.
You've done the trick again and come up with the information I've been faffing around for ages to find
Well done and thank you again.
Ray

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Thanks Minxy Girl
I see you often across the many M.F. boards generally with relevant, pertinent and sound advice. Also not being unwilling to enter the contentious and humerous ones as well.
You've done the trick again and come up with the information I've been faffing around for ages to find
Well done and thank you again.
Ray
Thank you kind sir :blusher: ... some would say I have too much time on my hands! :giggle:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back