ADRIA 640 SLB Supreme filling & discharge of fresh water tank (1 Viewer)

May 14, 2021
East Yorkshire, UK
Funster No
MH
ADRIA Twin 640SLB
Exp
Since 2012
I hope one of you owners out there will help. 😊 Last weekend when we ordered ours I couldn’t see how you fill or empty the fresh water tank & where the overspill came out of the tank whilst filling with the hose. On my Bessacarr it was an underslung tank so it flowed easily out of the ventilation holes when I put the water in via the hose and onto the ground safely. To empty it there was a rubber bung accessed via a lid through the van floor door. Never had an onboard tank before so no idea how it safely fills & goes outside so as not to overflow under the seat where it is stored. I believe there is also a way to partially discharge the contents over the 25 litres mark in readiness for driving off Re the MIRO recommended limits & obviously there will be a way to fully empty it. The forum has helped so far with some of my other questions but I have not seen anything about this topic. I’m trying to get an online owners manual from Adria so I’m ready for it’s arrival. Regards in anticipation. Roy

Dec 6, 2011
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Coach built Adria
Exp
Since 2007
not sure if this helps

Dave_E

Free Member
Sep 21, 2019
Funster No
MH
Just looking
Exp
I'm a newbie
We have a 2020 640 twin supreme.The fresh water tank is in the garage on the right hand side.There is an interna hingedl flap giving access to the top of the tank.A larger blue screw top giving access to the tank itself and a smaller black screw top,open that to drain the tank.I seem to remember if you open that one 3/4 turn it will drain to 25ltrs.but check that with the dealer.The water drains under the tank axis the overflow.Fill the tank in the usual way external point.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Cheshirecat57

Free Member
Feb 3, 2018
Mid Cheshire
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years on and off
As above
Emptying is a 2 stage process
using the access flap from within the garage , turn the top screw 3/4 turn to leave 20 litres

As regards filling, there is an inlet on the offside of the van, just fill...when its full it overflows outside the van

OP
OP
royandsharont
May 14, 2021
East Yorkshire, UK
Funster No
MH
ADRIA Twin 640SLB
Exp
Since 2012
Thanks for that folks. I knew about the waste tank tap location. On my impending van the tank is under the dinette seat so I am not familiar with your ‘garage’ term But I’m sure they will fill & discharge the same. Does the discharge go through a pipe then through the van floor? So just for my piece of mind re filling, on my Bessacarr it never overflowed up the filler hose but I think you are saying that is what happens on the 640 so fill until it comes out?

Cheshirecat57

Free Member
Feb 3, 2018
Mid Cheshire
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years on and off
Wasnt aware that the fresh tank had been moved to under the dinette on a 640
mine was a 2019 and the Truma boiler was under the dinette

Dave_E

Free Member
Sep 21, 2019
Funster No
MH
Just looking
Exp
I'm a newbie
Wasnt aware that the fresh tank had been moved to under the dinette on a 640
mine was a 2019 and the Truma boiler was under the dinette
Yes I'm not sure about that one I have the truma boiler under the dinette chair.If you are concerned about the amount of water carried and payload (and who isn't) I found that the truma gauge above the door which tells you how much water is in the tank bears no relation to how much water is in the tank so I got a 10 litre.watering can and filled the tank in 10ltr.stages and made a note of the readings(how many.lights illuminated)as I filled it.

OP
OP
royandsharont
May 14, 2021
East Yorkshire, UK
Funster No
MH
ADRIA Twin 640SLB
Exp
Since 2012
On these last comments I am now wondering if I have got it wrong. The combi 4E is definitely under the dinette & I was told the water tank was there too. I’ve not seen any tank in the garage area under the beds but perhaps it is there inside that cupboard under the near side bed. There was the 3rd bed in the garage so I couldn’t get inside to look through that small door. Is that where yours is, if so I guess mine will be too?

Jul 12, 2013
The City of Henlow
Funster No
MH
Adria Supreme
Exp
Since 1980
Each Adria design seems to have been given different drain systems and the storage tank may be above or behind the axle on some models.
The Garage referred to is the Boot.
Best to enquire during Hand-over.
My drain for fresh water is under my island bed, the waste water drain handle is in the 'garage'.

Cheshirecat57

Free Member
Feb 3, 2018
Mid Cheshire
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years on and off
The WASTE tank is roughly under the dinette, with an outside drain ‘handle’ below
I am sure the fresh tank sits just inside the void in the rear offside quarter panel below the off side rear single
Drain accessed from inside cupboard flap ( on your right as you stand at the back of the van)

SD j

Free Member
May 9, 2020
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin supreme
Exp
Since 2000
The Fresh water tank is in the rear under the drivers side bed, fill from outside via the usual flap/ cap , we usually fill until it comes out the overflow under the van .

Jan 23, 2016
Wales
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral 660SP
Exp
25 years
Adria Coral 660SP.

Fresh water tank is under the dinette seat with a large, 6", screw cap.

Filling: Is from a lockable external cap.

Emptying: Unscrew the big blue internal cap, reach in to the water and fish around the bottom of the tank until you find a handle to a rubber bung, wiggle and twist until it comes out and then the water discharges.

IMG_20210906_115445.jpg

Jul 12, 2013
The City of Henlow
Funster No
MH
Adria Supreme
Exp
Since 1980
Mine is under the electric lift-up bed. At the back under a lift-out board is the water tank. To empty the fresh water tank, turn the knob a quarter turn

Nov 7, 2021
Funster No
MH
adraia izola
Adria Coral 660SP.

Fresh water tank is under the dinette seat with a large, 6", screw cap.

Filling: Is from a lockable external cap.

Emptying: Unscrew the big blue internal cap, reach in to the water and fish around the bottom of the tank until you find a handle to a rubber bung, wiggle and twist until it comes out and then the water discharges.

View attachment 533856
Thank you I have a adria 2007 plate and this was how I emptied it. Thank you so much

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back