adjustment knob on hymer arm rest (1 Viewer)

lebesset

Free Member
May 31, 2009
Funster No
as the zip on an armrest on my 584 has parted I wish to remove the cover to repair it

question is , how do you remove the adjustment knob to slide off the plastic cap ?

anyone done this ?

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
sorry, not sure how they are fixed but have a look around the knob for a small grub screw.
failing that it may just be a tight push fit onto splines and will just lever off.

OP
OP
L

lebesset

Free Member
May 31, 2009
Funster No
well as you can see my enquiry didn't really get an answer ; I have tried getting at the grubscrews by pulling the knob off the splines , but it won't budge ...in any case the knob has to come off to get the plastic cap off , as far as I can see

any recent joiners know the answer to this one ?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jan 27, 2009
Leyland Lancs
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
since 2001
Contact Regal Furnishings Ltd, 01159-326451 They will know, and I have always found them helpful in the past!

Last edited:
Sep 27, 2007
dundee
Funster No
MH
a class
Exp
since early 70s
Adjustment knob should just pull off as it is just pushed on to splines on rod. Dont try removing rod as it is not easy to get back in place as retaining nut will fall out. Bob

OP
OP
L

lebesset

Free Member
May 31, 2009
Funster No
thanks bobcat ...that sounds like the voice of experience ...have you actually pulled the knob off yourself ?

OP
OP
L

lebesset

Free Member
May 31, 2009
Funster No
well , I tried and I tried , but can I pull this knob off the splines ?

it certainly has been just been pushed onto the splines , there are no screws holding it on

,maybe mr hymer puts some adhesive in !

any ideas anyone ? knowing what new bits cost I have resisted the hammer and chisel approach so far :Sad:

Sep 27, 2007
dundee
Funster No
MH
a class
Exp
since early 70s
adjustment knob on hymer armrest

yes i found out the hard way.i kept unscrewing the adjustment untill the rod came out.Unfortunately the retaining nut fell out of place and i had to strip it downto replace it.

OP
OP
L

lebesset

Free Member
May 31, 2009
Funster No
yes i found out the hard way.i kept unscrewing the adjustment untill the rod came out.Unfortunately the retaining nut fell out of place and i had to strip it downto replace it.

does that mean you never did get it off the splines bobcat :Doh:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back