Free Member
Aug 20, 2007
Lincoln
Funster No
MH
?
Exp
?
I have made a set of silver screens for the front of the "van" and am now thinking of making more for the side windows and over cab/bunk bed areas as we intend to use over the winter period and need to keep the RV as warm as possible for the kids.

The side windows are single-glazed glass and not "double-layer" polycarbonate.

Has any one else gone down this route and any tips please?

Steve.

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Hi Steve O'Learys (beverly-hull)sell internal screen stuff by the mtr :thumb: not sure if they sell eyelets and succers so ask,then it's a case of cutting and sowing :ROFLMAO: cannot help with that :ROFLMAO:
terry

Chrisdy

Free Member
Sep 24, 2008
Dorset
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
For Terry

Terry - As the set of s/h silver screens I was considering turned out to be the wrong size, I am also thinking of going down the path of custom made. I did a trawl in both the members list and on the web for Steve O'Leary without success. Do you have contact details/wedsite for the person/firm mentioned please?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
American Dream

American Dream

Free Member
Aug 20, 2007
Lincoln
Funster No
MH
?
Exp
?
Terry - As the set of s/h silver screens I was considering turned out to be the wrong size, I am also thinking of going down the path of custom made. I did a trawl in both the members list and on the web for Steve O'Leary without success. Do you have contact details/wedsite for the person/firm mentioned please?

Hi Chrisdy,

Here is the link for O'leary motorhomes.They definately stock it by the metre as that's where I bought the last lot.Also Suckers and eyelet kits too.:thumb:

Motorhome Self Build, Camper Van Parts, Spares and Accessories

Steve.

OP
OP
American Dream

American Dream

Free Member
Aug 20, 2007
Lincoln
Funster No
MH
?
Exp
?
Hi Steve O'Learys (beverly-hull)sell internal screen stuff by the mtr :thumb: not sure if they sell eyelets and succers so ask,then it's a case of cutting and sowing :ROFLMAO: cannot help with that :ROFLMAO:
terry

Cheers Terry.

Awwwwwwww why not.:Sad::ROFLMAO:Link Removed

Last edited:

Beachbum

Free Member
Sep 13, 2007
Hamburg / Cornwall
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
40 Years
My silver screens suckers perished from pulling them off on a daily basis. Bought new suckers from a £ shop and resowed them on. Works great.

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
:Doh: I should have put a ,,,,, after Steve :Doh: sorry:thumb: but everthing has now been put right :ROFLMAO:
If any one is interested I can get a phone number of a guy in our village who did all my upholstery (see terrys self build project )and also makes internal screens.I have no idea on cost but I am sure if you sent a paper pattern he could make them.He only charged me 700 squids for all my upholstery including front cab roof lining and door panels and foam,cheapest we could find elsewhere wanted more than that for the rear only.He told me at the time if SWMBO wanted cheaper material it could be done for about 600 :thumb:
terry

OP
OP
American Dream

American Dream

Free Member
Aug 20, 2007
Lincoln
Funster No
MH
?
Exp
?
I am after an external screen cover Terry.

Is there a limit to the weight of the material he can sew?

Steve.

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Hi Steve, no :ROFLMAO: I have seen some externals he made--- used mine as a pattern--- but Ithink the guy brought his own matterial .Again I THINK Abert gets internal stuff from O'learys but not 100% sure.
here are contact details
ALBERT FLECTER
He is based at the side of Glenworth caravns Thurnscoe,5 mins off A1 Barnsley turn off so not far from you at lincoln :thumb:I WOULD / WILL RECOMMEND HIM TO ANYONE :thumb::thumb: and I do not give reco's to anyone unless sure of the work they do,without ripping people off :thumb:
terry

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back