Adding Thatcham S5 tracker mid policy. (1 Viewer)

seamus62

Free Member
Dec 8, 2020
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
Sorry if a dumb question. Just insured our first motorhome and it had no additional security beyond factory fitted immobiliser. We have now bought and use some bits of security eg wheel clamp, steering wheel clamp etc. I've just arranged fitting of a Thatcham S5 tracker with DRS. I'm assuming when fitted I should let the insurance company know. They mentioned when I set up the insurance that there would be a £25 charge for changes.

Is it normal that you can get a reduction in premium mid policy on fitting Thatcham approved trackers or is it something that can only be done when the policy is taken out. Or does it vary by insurer?

Don't particularly want to end up paying an additional £25 to the insurer for adding beefing up security if I don't get the benefit of a refund of premium at the same time.

Thanks.

eddie

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 4, 2007
Taunton Somerset
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
since 1989
Sorry if a dumb question. Just insured our first motorhome and it had no additional security beyond factory fitted immobiliser. We have now bought and use some bits of security eg wheel clamp, steering wheel clamp etc. I've just arranged fitting of a Thatcham S5 tracker with DRS. I'm assuming when fitted I should let the insurance company know. They mentioned when I set up the insurance that there would be a £25 charge for changes.

Is it normal that you can get a reduction in premium mid policy on fitting Thatcham approved trackers or is it something that can only be done when the policy is taken out. Or does it vary by insurer?

Don't particularly want to end up paying an additional £25 to the insurer for adding beefing up security if I don't get the benefit of a refund of premium at the same time.

Thanks.
Why not wait until the renewal? and tell them then?

OP
OP
S

seamus62

Free Member
Dec 8, 2020
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
That's an option. Was wondering though if other peoples insurers had reduced their premium mid stream when an approved tracker was fitted.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
NFU mutual will adjust the premium mid policy if you add security.

They did for us when we added an alarm after importing our van to the UK

There was no charge for changes

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back