adding comments to a locked thread (1 Viewer)

gerry mcg

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 28, 2016
Glasgow, Scotland
Funster No
MH
Globecar 600L Revn
Exp
since 2016
hi Jim,

What's the etiquette on adding comments to a locked thread? the particular instance I raise is the "where is Cummings" thread that is now in the BL in particular - <Broken link removed>

I'm not raising a question of the relevance of the thread and whether it should / should not be open for comments, but for your information,

I was in the process of replying to post #200 when it was in the CV area.
I was composing a message when the thread was live in the CV area - and in the time it took to compose my reply it was locked and moved to the BL.... so I was "almost" the last post...I presume it was you that moved & locked it? . (again no issues there!)

Once it was in the BL - it was locked (again no issue), however I was surprised to see it must have been unlocked once it was in the BL (I presume by someone with admin / mod privileges?) and Grommet has added a comment (#201) and then it was locked it again.

That seems a bit off? what happened there ?

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
I understand the frustration if you are composing a post and the thread disappears or is locked before you can post it. But its a simple explanation;

If you have admin rights then unless you are aware its easy to post on a locked thread as the editor is still there see below in yellow. Gromett has admin rights as we are in the middle of a server move and it looks like he didn't notice the thread was locked. I can't ask him if that was actually the case yet as he's still asleep as he's on nights working on the server.

1590420408395.png

Feb 27, 2011
UK
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2005
Once it was in the BL - it was locked (again no issue), however I was surprised to see it must have been unlocked once it was in the BL (I presume by someone with admin / mod privileges?) and Grommet has added a comment (#201) and then it was locked it again.

My mistake and I do apologise. I didn't notice it was locked. I have rapped my own knuckles.

Gellyneck

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 5, 2014
Scotland
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
More than toes wet now!
....... I am no longer needed :p
OK we'll get a new thread started Save Oyour Gromett!(y) SOG(y)
Oooooooops, on second thoughts some Funsters may get the wrong end of the stick around the acronym!:unsure:
We'll need to have a rethink and get back to you!
Watch this space.(y)

ps well done on the migration.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back