Free Member
Dec 5, 2011
norfolk
Funster No
MH
Low profile C Class
Exp
Since 1997
We will be taking possession of a Autosleepers Broadway next March, it only has one armrest on each front seat, has anybody added a second armrest, is it much of a job, are armrest a only available from Peugeot?.

MikeD

Free Member
Dec 21, 2011
London
Funster No
MH
IH PVC
Exp
Since 2012
I hope you get a good reply as I would like to fit the second arm rest as well.

Only had a quick look at ours but I thought the lumber support adjuster gets in the way for another armrest

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
i would think the fittings are there on the seat frame, you may be able to feel them under the back rest material.
saying that, its a big risk cutting into the fabric and find theres only the basic stub once cut.
i would expect the armrests are factory only, not enough demand for a third party manufacture.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Langtoftlad

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 12, 2011
Langtoft, South Lincs
Funster No
MH
WildAx Aurora FB [PVC]
Exp
Since 2015
I've asked the same question of Wildax for my new Arora, coming in May...
...and yes @MikeD is correct in that the lumber support mechanism gets in the way...
...but, apparently they have managed it by fixing the lumbar support in position then fitting the additional armrest.
Obviously, you lose the lumbar support adjustability.

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
I've asked the same question of Wildax for my new Arora, coming in May...
...and yes @MikeD is correct in that the lumber support mechanism gets in the way...
...but, apparently they have managed it by fixing the lumbar support in position then fitting the additional armrest.
Obviously, you lose the lumbar support adjustability.
Yes it is only 2017 after all woudnt expect to get two arms and an adjustable lumber support at manufacturing stage, for at least another Half Milenium:xdoh:

Langtoftlad

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 12, 2011
Langtoft, South Lincs
Funster No
MH
WildAx Aurora FB [PVC]
Exp
Since 2015
Yes it is only 2017 after all woudnt expect to get two arms and an adjustable lumber support at manufacturing stage, for at least another Half Milenium:xdoh:
I'm sure you could if willing to pay the price - most things are built down to a price, not upto a quality.
Somewhere along the line, the bean counters decided they could save a couple of quid by removing one of the armrests.

OP
OP
injebreck99

injebreck99

Free Member
Dec 5, 2011
norfolk
Funster No
MH
Low profile C Class
Exp
Since 1997
Having had 2 rests or cruisin pegs as we call them, on our Bolero, I will miss them if I cannot get them fitted.

Langtoftlad

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 12, 2011
Langtoft, South Lincs
Funster No
MH
WildAx Aurora FB [PVC]
Exp
Since 2015
Having had 2 rests or cruisin pegs as we call them, on our Bolero, I will miss them if I cannot get them fitted.
I concur - if Wildax can't for some reason get additional armrest fitted to the supplied Citroen Relay seats - then I'll be springing for some aftermarket ones... It's an expensive 'forever' van so no point in spoiling the ship for a ha'peth of tar (IMHO).

Oct 1, 2007
Kirby cross further from londin
Funster No
MH
Between Motor homes
Exp
since 08
With a bit of determination
you could take the backrest cover off
It's much like a pillow case
slipped over a shaped sponge rubber pad
to find out if an armrest mounting is fitted

Or take it to an upholsterer and ask the cost

Sep 26, 2013
Market Rasen
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2003
Base vehicles only have one armrest, I took them off our 2012 Boxer and they are in the garage somewhere.

Jul 5, 2013
Tunbridge Wells, Tunbridge Wells, UK
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2013
Base vehicles are often sold to the converters with no seats at all. Both of the coachbuilt motorhomes I have owned (one C class Adria and one A class Hymer) came with Aguti seats with 2 armrests that were fitted by the converter.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back