TheDeckKing

Free Member
Aug 10, 2014
Hyde, Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Talbot Voyager 2 coachbui
Exp
Has anyone got any experience of fitting an oven into a motorhome that doesn't have one?
A lot of the ones I've looked at don't have one but it's an essential for us to be able to cook. I want something that will run off gas so we can use it in Aires.

Jan 28, 2008
Dovercourt, Harwich, UK
Funster No
MH
Renalt burstner
Exp
7 years campers before that
not retro fitted one but obviously i fitted the one in our self build nothing partically difficult provided you have a suitable space our spinflow didnt need the space lining just gives distances for clearance and the suround virtually guarantees thes are correct any way
only problem i came across was the instructions quoted the box into which it fitted had to be sealed all roud which seemed in possible with a need for a gas supply
i drilled a large circular hole to line up with the connection and then put a piece of thin ply over the hole from the outside you will obvbiously need an extra gas feed from somewhere and may need a 12v supply and earth to run a light or ignitor ours lights with a match which is obviously easier to fit
we find an oven in valuable for so many things not least on chilly mornings one jumps out puts sausages in the oven comes back to bed for 20 mins then we both get up to hot sausage sandwiches

Silver-Fox

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 5, 2014
Cheltenham Spa
Funster No
MH
Rapido
Exp
im a not so newbie
Wow

The oven makes the sandwiches :D thats some clever device you have there

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Vlad The Impaler

Free Member
Apr 22, 2012
Rutland
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2012 but longer in my dreams
I like to stick my sausage in the oven whilst still in bed before the kids wake up!

Vlad

Apr 19, 2008
Kent coast Hythe
Funster No
MH
Rapido fiat based
Exp
brought first van 16 yrs ago
Fitted oven in my Hymer, ensure you have airflow around, took feed from the gas manifold which had spare connection. found it on e-bay was taken from caravan.
I too get hot when getting into bed.

tambo

Free Member
Jun 21, 2014
Dunfermline fife scotland
Funster No
MH
a class
Exp
MH Since 2008, ex tugger and vw campers since 1992
I actually have a cramer gas oven for sale if your interested ...It has a built in rotisserie function

Good clean oven ..about the same size as the smev I bought it to fit in my last van as it didn't have one but changed van before I had a chance to fit it.
Il take some pics of it later but after £50 for it plus any postage required

Pm me if interested

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
TheDeckKing

TheDeckKing

Free Member
Aug 10, 2014
Hyde, Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Talbot Voyager 2 coachbui
Exp
I actually have a cramer gas oven for sale if your interested ...It has a built in rotisserie function

Thanks for the advice (and humour:D) it seems buying a MoHo with no oven is not going to be a deal breaker. Tambo I'll keep your offer in mind but really need to by something to put it in first:)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back