Added sliding window security (1 Viewer)

Jul 24, 2009
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 1999
Here's a simple, inexpensive way of adding a bit more security to your sliding windows. All I've used are items readily available from most camping shops, namely 19mm and 16mm aluminium tube, 16mm plastic c-clamp, walking stick rubber and a thumb screw clamp. If you don't need any adjustment, you can do away with the thumb screw clamp and the 16mm tube and just cut the 19mm tube to length.

Attachments

• 001.jpg
    001.jpg
    92.8 KB · Views: 120
  • 003.jpg
    003.jpg
    84.1 KB · Views: 109
  • 004.jpg
    004.jpg
    81.5 KB · Views: 111

gypsylady

Free Member
Jun 24, 2008
Durham
Funster No
MH
A Happy One
Exp
Since 2005
I worked in a school with similar window security.

Someone had put a length of wood up against the sliding window so it couldn't be opened from outside.

It Worked

June

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
I worked in a school with similar window security.

Someone had put a length of wood up against the sliding window so it couldn't be opened from outside.

It Worked

June
you beat me to it :cry:

economy version......a strip of plywood laid in the window glass channel.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
TheTwoOfUs
Jul 24, 2009
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 1999
You use what you want, I am only showing people what I've done. It's up to them to decide which option to go for - if indeed any. However I will point out that one of the reasons that I did it this way was because the C clamp clips into place around the window edging whereas a piece of wood is simply spragged between the two. It can therefore be dislodged by a thin piece of metal inserted between the two sliding windows, similar to how they used to insert a something to unhook the door lock knobs. Also, I can if I want, leave the sprag in position when I'm driving safe in the knowledge that it wont fall out.
Anyway, it was a simple, cheap piece of equipment that anyone can make using nothing more than a hacksaw.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back