Added a Victron Inverter Dont know whty (1 Viewer)

Jan 28, 2017
New Zealand
Funster No
MH
Hymer S520
Exp
half the fun of having a MH is fiddling with it. Added a Victron 2kw inverter and remote . Wonder if we ever use it. Thought a coffee machine that uses 240v and it not a capsule machine would be what it would be used for but JuRA did noyt make one small enough ...So bought a LITTLE GUY https://www.thelittleguy.info/that came with an induction hob. Used it on gas and never plugged the induction hob in...Oh well. Now I see this..http://www.nzherald.co.nz/business/news/article.cfm?c_id=3&objectid=11939578
Having a good cup of coffee is one of 5 pleasures left to me at my age!!!

R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
Didn’t you consider your power usage before investing in the ideal inverter?

OP
OP
tanex
Jan 28, 2017
New Zealand
Funster No
MH
Hymer S520
Exp
Initially thought we would need a microwave but the more we use the MH the less we feel the need for one. Did not think THE LITTLE GUY would be so good when using gas.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
Initially thought we would need a microwave but the more we use the MH the less we feel the need for one. Did not think THE LITTLE GUY would be so good when using gas.
Another expensive mistake then ?

Jun 30, 2011
Barnard Castle, UK
Funster No
MH
Concorde Concerto
Exp
Since 2007
A lot of things are mistakes regarding motorhomes, he still has a top quality inverter. People add full air, E&P and no change from ten grand, all sorts of stuff, do they really need it?
No, but its their money, I would never class a top quality inverter as an expensive mistake.
Spoke to someone who paid over a grand recently for a reversing camera system.

OP
OP
tanex
Jan 28, 2017
New Zealand
Funster No
MH
Hymer S520
Exp
Yes I agree. The remote I had to pay full price!!!
I sleep well.

Attachments

• vic.jpg
    vic.jpg
    214.8 KB · Views: 54
  • vic1.jpg
    vic1.jpg
    44.7 KB · Views: 52

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
The Little Guy thing looks interesting - sadly not available. I suspect it wasn't cheap.
There is another Oz invention for making an espresso which involves a bicycle pump. It is very light weight, compact and costs a fortune. Designed for cyclists.

https://www.cyclingabout.com/review-airspresso-espresso-maker/

OP
OP
tanex
Jan 28, 2017
New Zealand
Funster No
MH
Hymer S520
Exp
I think you are correct. Copy of an Italian Aluminium coffee maker but in Stainless. There were problems with the inner pipework but that can be sorted. Coffee excellent as long as no more that 2 want one. And you have to wait for it to cool before stowing and driving off. Like Victrons they turn up on online auction sites.

Jul 18, 2009
Manchester UK + Javea/Xabia Spain + Abu Dhabi
Funster No
MH
HYMER B644
Exp
half the fun of having a MH is fiddling with it. Added a Victron 2kw inverter and remote . Wonder if we ever use it. Thought a coffee machine that uses 240v and it not a capsule machine would be what it would be used for but JuRA did noyt make one small enough ...So bought a LITTLE GUY https://www.thelittleguy.info/that came with an induction hob. Used it on gas and never plugged the induction hob in...Oh well. Now I see this..http://www.nzherald.co.nz/business/news/article.cfm?c_id=3&objectid=11939578
Having a good cup of coffee is one of 5 pleasures left to me at my age!!!

Victron are the best. Great investment

R

Robert Clark

Deleted User

I found a video on YouTube - looks a clever piece of kit

OP
OP
tanex
Jan 28, 2017
New Zealand
Funster No
MH
Hymer S520
Exp
Check Atomic coffee machine
Clearly a copy but made in SS not aluminium
And in China
Works well as long as you grind some beans before you head away

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
Check Atomic coffee machine
Clearly a copy but made in SS not aluminium
And in China
Works well as long as you grind some beans before you head away
Judst had a look but the price- Ouch!

Mr Chrysalis

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 8, 2016
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido 890F A Class
Exp
Since 2016, caravans before that, folding Caravan, tents before that
The Little Guy thing looks interesting - sadly not available. I suspect it wasn't cheap.
/
Good news here if you want one of these on the link given above:
"Just a little wait for The Little Guy.
2016 was a great year for The Little Guy. We couldn’t keep up with growing demand and we’ve run of stock! The good news is, the new little guys and induction tops’ will be here will be here on December 1st.

With thanks for your patience, when the new stock arrives in December, we’re offering a free tamping mat & stainless steel tamper (valued at $124) with every Little Guy espresso maker and induction top purchased together (only for the first week following the arrival).

Register your email below to secure the offer (and we promise not to share your details with anyone else!)."
But if those extra bits are worth $124 I dread to think what the machine itself costs

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
But if those extra bits are worth $124 I dread to think what the machine itself costs
Ill put you out of you missery found the Atomic on an American site $550, a genuine Little Guy will probably be dearer and everything here is more expensive than the states.

Sep 14, 2017
The Fens
Funster No
MH
Ford Duetto, 1995
Exp
Ill put you out of you missery found the Atomic on an American site $550, a genuine Little Guy will probably be dearer and everything here is more expensive than the states.
I was just getting excited about that......................so expensive :eek:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back