Sep 6, 2014
Dover
Funster No
MH
Hymer ML I 580
Exp
4 years
I agree,(even if it looks like i dont)
Ad blue quality varies though and the general crystalising issue can block some systems
Trucks have had it for 12 years and there are still some issues,but EGR is definately NOT the way , i agree
It remains to be seen on MoHo application and how the dealers/manufacturers pass the buck around if/when it goes wrong
It will give all manner of problems on those vans which don't get used regularly, the crystals WILL cause trouble with the metering as they seperate from the water. Also it doesn't like freezing temperatures.

Oct 29, 2016
Surrey
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
Motor Homing 5 years, caravan previously
I thought the original thread was about curbing emissions with the use of Adblue & problems with Euro 6 engines, not farmers using red diesel, its surely all about ways in reducing pollution levels in our heavily built up areas for generations to come.
If we dont start to address this issue, then look what its like in Beijing & LA,where you can hardly see your hand in front of your face. They even wear face masks when going out.:eek:
Les

May 7, 2016
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 2003
It will give all manner of problems on those vans which don't get used regularly, the crystals WILL cause trouble with the metering as they seperate from the water. Also it doesn't like freezing temperatures.
I think the system has been designed to overcome freezing temperatures. In particular I read that there is a very small chamber which can rapidly heat enough AdBlue to start the system running.

Cheshirecat57

Free Member
Feb 3, 2018
Mid Cheshire
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years on and off
I thought the original thread was about curbing emissions with the use of Adblue & problems with Euro 6 engines, not farmers using red diesel, its surely all about ways in reducing pollution levels in our heavily built up areas for generations to come.
If we dont start to address this issue, then look what its like in Beijing & LA,where you can hardly see your hand in front of your face. They even wear face masks when going out.:eek:
Les
Absolutely
Thread is about ad-blue. Apologies for going off message

It appears that more and more of us will have to interact with AdBlue going forward, even those of us who have dodged it so far will find we are on borrowed time, unless a magic bullet of development comes

May 7, 2016
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 2003
Absolutely
Thread is about ad-blue. Apologies for going off message

It appears that more and more of us will have to interact with AdBlue going forward, even those of us who have dodged it so far will find we are on borrowed time, unless a magic bullet of development comes

There is research taking place at Loghborough University but it is about making AdBlue more effective at lower exhaust temperatures. Whatever comes most of it seems to be focused on after treatment of the exhaust gasses, so yes I think we better get used to AdBlue or something similar.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Mar 15, 2017
Berkshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer B ML T-780
Exp
Since 2017
I only saw a few minutes of the program. Once they started asking ordinary people for their opinions and giving weight to them I gave up.

I know of a farmer out here who has resorted to a cheat device on his tractor. It is relatively new and still under warranty. He has had numerous faults with the tractor's sensors shutting it down due to Ad-Blue issues and the dealers cannot resolve the problem. So he has side stepped the issue by fitting a device and not running on Ad-Blue. Can't say that I blame him.

Well I stayed the course and watched it through to the end. "Ordinary people" are the one's being poisoned by these criminals (think Salisbury and how you may have felt about that poisoning) so of course their views are important - that's called democracy.

Not to mention their basic human right to life! 23,000 people each year die as a result of NOx poisoning! What the hell!

Ivory55

Free Member
May 23, 2012
North West Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since Feb 2012
They have known for years stuff that’s not good for us in all sorts of things but do nothing because it will cost money, adblue is not any different. They are rushing laws through now but the reliability of the technology is awful and is no good at all in the real world of work etc.

Deleted User
Not to mention their basic human right to life! 23,000 people each year die as a result of NOx poisoning! What the hell!

Perhaps we should ban all diesel powered equipment straight away and then watch the millions die from starvation.

There will be a solution to this problem via improved technology or innovation but technologists can only do so much when faced with constantly moving goal posts, not long ago CO2 emissions was the big enemy, now it's NOX, what will it be next!!

Oct 2, 2008
Salopia
Funster No
MH
Duro 6x6 Overlander
Exp
since 1968
I would like to bet this haulier didn't fiddle the adblue because of the cost. I would guess it was because of the agro it can give you resulting in truck downtime.
Quite agree adblue is peanuts , you hardly use any when cruising . its when you are stop start in Built up areas that usage goes up , even then its a minute part of operating costs.

Aug 6, 2013
Kendal, Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Le-Voyageur RX958 Pl
Exp
since 1999
Perhaps we should ban all diesel powered equipment straight away and then watch the millions die from starvation.

There will be a solution to this problem via improved technology or innovation but technologists can only do so much when faced with constantly moving goal posts, not long ago CO2 emissions was the big enemy, now it's NOX, what will it be next!!
C02 contributes to global warming & is simply a gas that is produced by, among other things, burning hydrocarbon, or carbon-based, fuel. It can only be reduced by burning less of these fuels or in the case of power stations, capturing it before it leaves the chimney stack. It isn't poisonous or harmful to human or animal life. Efforts to reduce its production haven't gone away and are as important as ever. Concerns about emitted poisons have been around for a long time too but the current focus on them is driven by their effects in larger conurbations and by the presumably more accurate estimates of the deaths caused.

I agree entirely with your statement on the effects of banning Diesels.

Deleted User
simply a gas that is produced by, among other things, burning hydrocarbon, or carbon-based, fuel

And fermenting alcohol:).....but at least most of this is not released directly into the atmosphere, not initially at any rate........anyone for a carbonated drink:)

Teuchter

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Nov 4, 2014
Lee on the Solent
Funster No
MH
Hymer Mercedes MLI 580
Exp
I have been caravanning for 32 years but in 2014 I have"gone over to the dark side"
My MoHo has a Merc. Euro 6 engine so uses adblue and I have not (as yet) found any problems so why are a lot of folks anti adblue?

Scotsblood

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2017
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Elddis 194
Exp
Since 2017
C02 ...... It isn't poisonous or harmful to human or animal life.

Err, CO2 is toxic to both human and animal life!
Normal atmospheric concentration is about 0.04% at inspired concentrations above 1% significant symptoms start to appear and in high concentrations is a killer. Ask any miner about the precautions to avoid CO2 build up!

Ivory55

Free Member
May 23, 2012
North West Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since Feb 2012
My MoHo has a Merc. Euro 6 engine so uses adblue and I have not (as yet) found any problems so why are a lot of folks anti adblue?
People are not anti adblue, it’s just in some trucks it causes a lot of running problems. This causes the truck to shut down, has to go into the workshop. This means not only spending money to sort it out it’s not earning anything.

Aug 6, 2013
Kendal, Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Le-Voyageur RX958 Pl
Exp
since 1999
Err, CO2 is toxic to both human and animal life!
Normal atmospheric concentration is about 0.04% at inspired concentrations above 1% significant symptoms start to appear and in high concentrations is a killer. Ask any miner about the precautions to avoid CO2 build up!
CO2 is not poisonous might be a better way to put it. It is heavier than oxygen and therefore displaces it. If you enter a pocket of CO2 you will suffocate. The danger is that you may not realise that it's there. The point is that the increased level of CO2 in the atmosphere is of concern only in relation to global warming and not because of any risk of suffocating the population.

Mar 15, 2017
Berkshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer B ML T-780
Exp
Since 2017
Don't panic Mr. Mannering!

As soon as Elon Musk is President of the Planet we will all be saved with abundant electricity from the solar roof tiles on our homes powering our battery-powered motorhomes into paradise.

Over and out!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back