LIFE MEMBER
Oct 5, 2010
huddersfield
Funster No
MH
autotrail chieftain
Exp
since 2010
I remember being at the Manchester motorhome show a few years ago and the salesman was explaining to the folk looking at one of their new vans. He said that you mix the Adblu in with the diesel,,,,,god knows how many vans his company would have coming in with faults.

Another note with Adblu, Any fault is very expensive to repair, probably why there is so many vehicles running around with it remapped out/turned off.

Deano123

Free Member
Jan 3, 2020
Stoke on Trent
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
I’m a Newbie
I diagnose/fix Euro 6 vehicles not all Adblue has the same quality .
I’ve seen the damage of poor Adblue.
Dont buy Adblue that’s sitting in direct sunlight all day at fuel stations
it is affected quality wise.
Pump Adblue or container Adblue with the standard stamped on It stored correctly 👍.
Many Manufacturers are now also requiring online-access programming to clear error codes when you get to the non start scenario so top up straight away and avoid this stress and cost .

Jun 5, 2020
Funster No
MH
Elddis Accordo 135
Exp
Since 2017
My mhome's 2017 on a Peugeot Boxer 2.0 130hp base. When I was looking into Adblue I read somewhere you get around 600m to the litre which so far has been spot on. It's a 15lit tank so should give me around 7500m before the first warning. Only thing I'd add is the filler on mine has a flap about 45mm in - which I found when I got Halfords 10lit - the nozzle's not long enough to open the flap. Their 3.5lit (£8!) does though, so I use that to fill, and it's easier to hold than 10lit. Agree 100% with Deano123 - keep it in the dark and cool, urea's unstable. It's also only got an 18month shelf life. Verdict? Fill it from an hgv place!
Btw, came across this for urea: "A non-corroding alternative to rock salt for road de-icing." Saves peeing on the windscreen I suppose...

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Nov 5, 2011
Gironde, France
Funster No
MH
A-Class
Exp
5 years
I diagnose/fix Euro 6 vehicles not all Adblue has the same quality .
I’ve seen the damage of poor Adblue.
Dont buy Adblue that’s sitting in direct sunlight all day at fuel stations
it is affected quality wise.
Pump Adblue or container Adblue with the standard stamped on It stored correctly 👍.
Many Manufacturers are now also requiring online-access programming to clear error codes when you get to the non start scenario so top up straight away and avoid this stress and cost .
That's why I took our Westafaliia to our local Mercedes Dealer who did it for nowt.

Norman Jones

Free Member
Jan 13, 2015
Nr Aberystwyth
Funster No
MH
A class, Hymer 620 mli
Exp
since 1982
I always carry a full 10 litre container with spout. 2000 miles to the Algarve and it'll go in. Buy from Screwfix and refill the container when you see a pump.

Dec 20, 2020
Salisbury
Funster No
MH
Elddis CV40 PVC
Exp
Since January 2021
My new 2017 car with Adblue only managed 4,500 miles at first and I thought I would have to pay a fortune fr every mile travelled - I filled up to the top and it has now done over 12000 miles with no light coming on. So I suspect that the factories put in a minimal amount to save themselves some money.

ShaKen

Free Member
Apr 26, 2019
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
C Class Low Profile
Exp
A few years
And what did you expect pig Pee to smell of ?

It’s not.....

“The liquid solution is made up of 32.5% urea and 67.5% de-ionised water. You may be wondering, where does the urea in AdBlue come from? Well, AdBlue urea is made by heating up synthetic ammonia and carbon dioxide.”

Grummyb

Free Member
Dec 31, 2020
Corby
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since about 2013
I love this website the post started off about adblue and how far you can go on a tank but no seemed to realise you all have different size tanks. Then someone suggested using an HGV pump which is the best idea (I have some lorries so buy in bulk at 26 pence a litre) then totally at random someone tells us he had a puncture and his mate helped him out, it's just like having a conversation in the pub at about half 10 at night when everyone is half cut

Cheshirecat57

Free Member
Feb 3, 2018
Mid Cheshire
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years on and off
I love this website the post started off about adblue and how far you can go on a tank but no seemed to realise you all have different size tanks. Then someone suggested using an HGV pump which is the best idea (I have some lorries so buy in bulk at 26 pence a litre) then totally at random someone tells us he had a puncture and his mate helped him out, it's just like having a conversation in the pub at about half 10 at night when everyone is half cut
And you have only been here for 18 days, imagine when you have been here a few years you may realise its “normal” 😂
Its only FUN

Grummyb

Free Member
Dec 31, 2020
Corby
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since about 2013
Cheshire cat its brilliant on here I posted asking a question about aerials the other day and someone responded telling me watching the telly is pointless and i should buy more data instead of an aerial its good job I'm polite really

May 13, 2016
Funster No
MH
Elddis Accordo 105
Exp
eight years in theory, a newby in practice!!!
Cheshire cat its brilliant on here I posted asking a question about aerials the other day and someone responded telling me watching the telly is pointless and i should buy more data instead of an aerial its good job I'm polite really
Got to watch out for van aerial disease :whistle2: :giggler::giggler::giggler:

Grummyb

Free Member
Dec 31, 2020
Corby
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since about 2013
As my dad always said The old ones are best

Oct 7, 2013
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Swift Escape Compact
Exp
Since 1988
Quick point when you fill it up it may take 10 miles or so of travel before the indicator showed it was full again. Full adblue tank will give me 3500 miles
On our Peugeot Boxer 2019, it took over 30 miles to reset. We thought it wasn’t going to reset and had booked it into a Peugeot dealer for investigation. It reset on the way there!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back