angiemac

Free Member
Jul 19, 2012
thetford
Funster No
MH
American RV
Exp
Hi, 12yrs ago we had a coverted Iveco camper. Our family of 6 had the best holidays ever.. Unfortunately our youngest daughter is blind and in a wheelchair and as she got bigger it just became to difficult. She is now 12 yrs and flying is a nightmare. We are looking to invest in an RV and then have it adapted.We are expecting to spend around ÂŁ100k as this will be all our holidays for the rest of my daughters life. we are pretty much housebound. For people who dont know much about disabled amenities, there is nowhere to change my daughters pads, or give her legs a stretch whilst travelling, unless I want to lay her on a toilet floor!!We have to hawk all her equipment with us even for days out. Motorhomes are the perfect answer.We thought to hire one first. with a wheelchair lift and a wet room, to see if it is something that she definitely likes before we spend all that money. Easier said than done. We have only found two small privately rented adapted motorhmes and one 5th wheeler. Does anyone have any info or ideas that will help. Thank you, Angela

Jul 29, 2011
Urmston, Manchester
Funster No
MH
Former owner.
Exp
June 2012
Click on forums and scroll down there is a forum on motorhomes adapted for disabled, dont know if this will be of any help.
My wife is disabled although not your daughters extent, and there are other disabled people on here so they may be off more help.

LittleKath00

Free Member
Sep 21, 2007
yorkshire
Funster No
MH
C Class RV
Exp
Since 2004
Adapted RV

Hi Angela,
As we were in the same situation, our child is now 10. I would say GO FOR IT. We had our RV adapted last year and we have never looked back. Life is so much easier now that all the equipment is always in the bus. We can now set of at short notice without having to pack and unpack items. have alook at the disabled section of this foram we and others have posted quite a bit on this topic.
Feel free to PM us if you have any questions
Kath & Keith

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

aba

Free Member
Oct 27, 2009
yorkshire
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
dec 2009
if you are thinking of having one adapted why not get one built to your requirements from scratch.

contact these people http://www.rsmotorhomes.com/ they will build one to your specifications in a range of sizes or they may have or know of a used one that will fit your requirements.

i have no connection with this company but know of many satisfied customers.

motor roamin

Funster
May 23, 2010
Leicester
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
2 mins
Go onto the Sister site RVOC we do have members there with adapted RV's some with chair lifts some with wet rooms.....every one is friendly and will be more than pleased to help.....loads of tips and advice before you spend what is a lot of money :thumb:

All the best Rick

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back