ADAC seem to have finally pulled cover (1 Viewer)

Jun 24, 2019
Shrewsbury
Funster No
MH
Hymer 504i A Class
Exp
Since 2016 & 20+ shed dragger
Received a letter (unsigned?) from ADAC in German. Translating it with help of Google revealed that they will not renew ADAC Plus cover for anyone living outside Germany. Without the Plus cover you will not get roadside help or recovery so ADAC who have provided me with excellent cover for 5 years will need to be replaced before I travel abroad again. (Letter seems to state that Brits will not be the only one to have this cover removed as an address in Germany is now a prerequisite so this is nothing to do with Brex**** as French/Dutch etc will also have cover removed)

Currently I have insurance from NFU - who also cover cars and house but do not cover MH recovery abroad.

- Separate Medical cover following a heart valve replacement 2 years ago - again NFU would not cover any heart issues

- ADAC for roadside assist and recovery from Europe.

I am now looking for an all-in-one policy that will cover MH insurance with 120 day trips (6.2m, Hymer 3500 kg) roadside assist and recovery from Europe and sensible health cover that accepts my heart valve replacement (fitter now than have been in years!)

Can anyone suggest some companies to try first? (I'm not a member of any the "clubs") I suspect that with ADAC pulling back from the rest of Europe, I will not be alone in this search!

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
Comfort for van insurance, gives good windscreen cover, some have a low amount and may not cover costs on an "A" class. You can add on UK/Euro breakdown costs £65.
BUT like all insurance, shop around as well. Safeguard used to be a favourite but seems to have gone silly prices.

Ref Travel insurance, Try Admiral. Accepted my Heart by-pass and as it was over 3 years ago they dont list it down as a pre existing condition. However they did make a note of it at my request.
LV is another I have used in the past. Again, really need to shop around, what suits one person may not be same for another..

PJGWiltshire

Free Member
Mar 11, 2013
Arundel
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
since 2009
Have a look at Nationwide Flex plus account £15 per month for breakdown recovery, Medical and telephone cover. Re the medical you contact the medical insurance team list your pre conditions and they will then give an additional amount to pay. So the total cost for the policy would be £180 per year on the account. They did give a good rate of interest on some money in the account but that has now gone. I just use the account for the three points covered as our MH is 4.5T

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
I'm fortunate that after my last breakdown last year when the van was recovered home to spain from France that when I was talking to the insurance lad for the new van he said I basically had the same cover with my normal insurance. Here recovery is a part of vehicle insurance. so when the new policy came from Allianz I checked it to make sure. So I might as well cancel the adac if it has changed like that.

OP
OP
TeamBandS
Jun 24, 2019
Shrewsbury
Funster No
MH
Hymer 504i A Class
Exp
I have copied the Google translation of the ADAC letter below:

As you are an interested member of ADAC, the ADAC focuses its mobility services, in particular on its more than 21 million members based in Germany, in order to provide them with the best offers and services worldwide, against the background that the complexity of legal requirements is constantly increasing it has to be fulfilled in connection with residence abroad, we have decided to offer services in the rhythm of ADAC membership exclusively for members residing in Germany

Therefore we will change your ADAC plus membership (and possibly existing memberships of partners / children) from 01.02.21 to membership without plus benefits. (01.02.21 is my renewal date)

Nevertheless, you will continue to be protected under your classic ADAC membership, for which you will of course pay a correspondingly cheaper membership fee. The services associated with classic ADAC membership, such as breakdown assistance in Germany, legal advice, ADAC Tourset or the ADAC benefit program, remain the same for them
If your main residence is in Germany and does not correspond to the address given above, please let us know the address of your main residence in Germany,
Sincerely
Michael Dern
Head of Member individual topics & last level service
This letter was created by machine and is valid without a signaturestyle

OP
OP
TeamBandS
Jun 24, 2019
Shrewsbury
Funster No
MH
Hymer 504i A Class
Exp
Sorry, this was meant to be attached to previous post - lock down finger problems!!

Shows difference between ADAC Plus and ADAC Classic. I had Plus which was exactly what I wanted, however the normal or classic cover is of very little use unless you live in Germany.....

Attachments

• ADAC plus vs classic.doc.jpg
    ADAC plus vs classic.doc.jpg
    54.1 KB · Views: 23
Dec 23, 2014
South Somerset
Funster No
MH
Carthago C-Line I 50
Exp
Since 2009
TeamBandS Have just post similar, it seems we crossed. I'm hoping that a knowledgeable funster can do a better job than Google. If they have pulled plus cover I will be very sad as like you it has been a intergergal part of our travel cover. Good value and brilliant service.

Oct 24, 2007
Funster No
TeamBandS Have just post similar, it seems we crossed. I'm hoping that a knowledgeable funster can do a better job than Google. If they have pulled plus cover I will be very sad as like you it has been a intergergal part of our travel cover. Good value and brilliant service.

They have pulled Plus cover from your date of renewal unless you have a German address.
I agree Nationwide Flex Plus account is a very good option for which we pay £13 a month( not £15)
Importantly for us it covers any age of vehicle which many don't.

Dec 23, 2014
South Somerset
Funster No
MH
Carthago C-Line I 50
Exp
Since 2009
They have pulled Plus cover from your date of renewal unless you have a German address.
I agree Nationwide Flex Plus account is a very good option for which we pay £13 a month( not £15)
Importantly for us it covers any age of vehicle which many don't.

Does Nationwide Flex Plus account cover cover MH's abroad and if so to what level / size?

Last edited:
Oct 24, 2007
Funster No
Does Nationwide Flex Plus account cover cover MH's abroad and if so to what level / size?
Full European cover. They got us out of a difficult situation in Lithuania a couple of years ago and put us up in a lovely hotel for ten days.
Motorhome restrictions : up to 8 metres
up to 7.5 tons

Full details are on their website

Dec 23, 2014
South Somerset
Funster No
MH
Carthago C-Line I 50
Exp
Since 2009
Full European cover. They got us out of a difficult situation in Lithuania a couple of years ago and put us up in a lovely hotel for ten days.
Motorhome restrictions : up to 8 metres
up to 7.5 tons

Full details are on their website

Many thanks. I will have a look.

malheg

Free Member
May 28, 2008
Coppull (Chorley)
Funster No
MH
Campervan (Alphard)
Exp
12 yrs
Hello,
We are with Caravan guard, give European cover for 9x months £65.
We have used it 2x in Spain, first class. But no health cover.
But what comes after Brexit?
Malc

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).
Just renewed with ADAC this morning. (y)
Rather than type it all out again, please see...................... Broken Link Removed

Cheers,

Jock. :)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back