LIFE MEMBER
Oct 5, 2010
huddersfield
Funster No
MH
autotrail chieftain
Exp
since 2010
00 49 941 55673 This was barbara Lorenz no, but I don't think she's there now. I rang and got a very good English speaking man called Michael , said you can't pay by card over the phone so he emailed me a form. I filled it in and emailed it back, dead easy way & worked perfectly. It's an English form.

lou020

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 5, 2010
huddersfield
Funster No
MH
autotrail chieftain
Exp
since 2010
This is who I spoke to,
I emailed him to check renewal and payment had taken place, which he confirmed.

Michael Müßigmann
Telefon-Service-Zentrale
ADAC Südbayern e. V., Broken Link Removed
Tel: Broken Link Removed Fax: Broken Link Removed
michael.muessigmann@sby.adac.de
www.adac.de/suedbayern

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
I phoned Barbara's number and renewed by credit card last month.

Nov 4, 2011
Uk
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
I rang 00 49 89 76766632 the beginning of March ,asked to speak English and got put through to English speaking chap, then payed by credit card.

injebreck99

Free Member
Dec 5, 2011
norfolk
Funster No
MH
Low profile C Class
Exp
Since 1997
I paid by credit card over the phone when I joined,and when I rook out their travel insurance last week.

Mar 21, 2010
Funster No
How much will it cost two of us to join ADAC, all we really need is repatriation!

colyboy

lou020

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 5, 2010
huddersfield
Funster No
MH
autotrail chieftain
Exp
since 2010
for 2 people its 125 euros + a few cents.
seems to depend who you get on the phone as how to pay.

cruiser

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 12, 2012
northampton
Funster No
MH
coach built elddis 400
Exp
since 1978
what do you get for the plus. and how much. pretty please.

Deleted User
ADAC plus was €89.50 last year. This is an English translation of their conditions from 2008, think they are still more or less the same.

Attachments

• ADAC Conditions.pdf
    79.5 KB · Views: 33
C

Chockswahay

Deleted User
Please forgive me if I am sounding dim here (having a whole morning of insurance renewals etc!)

1. Does ADAC work the same way as AA in the UK (and cover for the UK)?

2. Does the 'Plus' policy equate to travel insurance? What happens if we are away in the van and one of us is taken ill and needs to be flown back to the UK via Air Ambulance? Will one of us have to drive and the other one fly?

It all looks too good to be true quite frankly compared to the price that AA/RAC ask for breakdown cover.

I am weighing up the pro's and con's of separate van insurance, separate breakdown cover, and separate travel insurance.

Have I got this all wrong? :confused:

Deleted User
There have been several threads in the past on ADAC, if you do a search I am sure you will find more information.

The breakdown cover is Europe wide 365 days a year with limits to size that are in the conditions. Some have had problems with the €200 limit for initial recovery for assessment if roadside repairs are not possible. €200 does not buy much recovery for larger vehicles.

There is some accident/health insurance included but I have never looked in depth into what is covered. If you read through the conditions it may become clearer but be aware that some benefits are in Germany only.

Individual circumstances differ but for us the 365 day cover without trip limits was the main attraction, we do not have travel insurance beyond what is offered by ADAC for the same reason. We do not have property in the UK or anywhere else so repatriation is not necessary for us.

I have never had to use any of their services so cannot comment on the quality, some have had bad experiences but on the whole I think the reputation is good.

Nov 4, 2011
Uk
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
My payment made on 3rd March is now showing on my credit card statement,
ADAC plus for me and my wife €114.50 and with exchange rate of £1.36 it works out at £84 :)

lou020

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 5, 2010
huddersfield
Funster No
MH
autotrail chieftain
Exp
since 2010
ignore my earlier post about the cost of 125 euros,,,, i too did pay 114.50 for me and the wife.
very good value with an exchange rate of 141 on the credit card.

Sep 10, 2012
worcester
Funster No
MH
Sunliving van
Exp
00 49 89 76766632 as above.
just got through on this number and lady processed the credit card. THX.
tried several other numbers before finding this one without much success.

nomad

Free Member
Aug 22, 2007
Mirfield West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 1982
Hi Injebreck99, It would be interesting to know some details of the travel insurance which you took with the ADAC please
Thanks
Colin

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
since 2007.Tugger before since 1970
There have been several threads in the past on ADAC, if you do a search I am sure you will find more information.

The breakdown cover is Europe wide 365 days a year with limits to size that are in the conditions. Some have had problems with the €200 limit for initial recovery for assessment if roadside repairs are not possible. €200 does not buy much recovery for larger vehicles.

There is some accident/health insurance included but I have never looked in depth into what is covered. If you read through the conditions it may become clearer but be aware that some benefits are in Germany only.

Individual circumstances differ but for us the 365 day cover without trip limits was the main attraction, we do not have travel insurance beyond what is offered by ADAC for the same reason. We do not have property in the UK or anywhere else so repatriation is not necessary for us.

I have never had to use any of their services so cannot comment on the quality, some have had bad experiences but on the whole I think the reputation is good.

I have had cause to use them twice,,,first time i damaged my knee and could not get out of my bed in the van in Spain,,,rang ADAC and within 15 mins ambulance on site and took me to hospital. I was offered repatriation but recovered in Spain. Second time broke down in the mountains in Andalucia. Recovered within 40 mins and taken to garage in Ronda. They paid for 3 nights accommodation and car hire whilst waiting for van repair...BUSBY.

injebreck99

Free Member
Dec 5, 2011
norfolk
Funster No
MH
Low profile C Class
Exp
Since 1997
Hi Injebreck99, It would be interesting to know some details of the travel insurance which you took with the ADAC please
Thanks
Colin
Sorry, I did not have the details to hand, but was impressed when they told me I was covered worldwide, and did not ask about existing medical conditions.

nomad

Free Member
Aug 22, 2007
Mirfield West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 1982
Many thanks sdc77 and injebreck99 I have the ADAC health cover for up to 45 days which is for worldwide travel and I often wondered what it would cost to extend the time.
I pay €36.10 annually which will continue indefinitely until I give notice to cancel the same as my plus membership, had I applied before I was 66 years old I believe the cost would have been €18 and a few cents annually.
Colin

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back