Free Member
Jan 28, 2013
Weardale, Co Durham
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
since 2011
It does yeah... we've never had a problem.. you should just persevere tbh. It's a great deal and all you need to do is ask for an English speaker .. I think a couple of people may have named staff they dealt with recently. Lots of us use them. Good luck

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).
ADAC plus was €89.50 last year. This is an English translation of their conditions from 2008, think they are still more or less the same.
I've just paid €109.00 (£86.76) for the ADAC - Plus, but the discounted rate is €97.00.

Let's hope we don't need them this time round, but if we do, here's hoping their "chosen contractors" perform better than last time. :(

BTW, did everyone get an email confirmation of their membership? I was promised one, in case our membership cards didn't arrive in time, but that hasn't materialised in the last couple of hours.

Cheers,

Jock. :)

Apr 18, 2009
Englishman in Mid Wales
Funster No
MH
Hymer B584, A Class
Exp
Not long enough!
It does yeah... we've never had a problem.. you should just persevere tbh. It's a great deal and all you need to do is ask for an English speaker .. I think a couple of people may have named staff they dealt with recently. Lots of us use them. Good luck

Yes I'll keep trying, I did ask for an Engish speaker, but she spoke better English than the one she put me through to:confused: I have tried emailing but with no response:cool:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
Ring on this number

ask for an english speaker

" Haben Sie ein englischer Sprecher bitte?"

& I'm always put through to Julia Schmidt.

injebreck99

Free Member
Dec 5, 2011
norfolk
Funster No
MH
Low profile C Class
Exp
Since 1997
I just wish that they would respond to emails etc in English now that they are taking memberships from the UK, I was told last year that they have had many requests for this and they were looking into it, but don't hold your breath.
I was querying the cost of extending the 45 day cover for medical insurance, Google translate will not translate an email attachment, so I am no wiser, I will have to ring them again.

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Google translate will not translate an email attachment, so I am no wiser, I will have to ring them again.
Can you not copy from the attachment, and paste into Google Translate, or copy and paste onto a word document, then try?

Cheers,

Hymie

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 29, 2013
Essex
Funster No
MH
Classic Hymer B564
Exp
Since 1981
I've just paid €109.00 (£86.76) for the ADAC - Plus, but the discounted rate is €97.00.

Let's hope we don't need them this time round, but if we do, here's hoping their "chosen contractors" perform better than last time. :(

BTW, did everyone get an email confirmation of their membership? I was promised one, in case our membership cards didn't arrive in time, but that hasn't materialised in the last couple of hours.

Cheers,

Jock, i had a no show on my card but emailed eva.hagl@sby.adac.de and she sent me a digital copy by email to use until my card arrived.

Might be worth dropping her a line asking for a copy, my never appeared for months, finally received the 3rd copy they posted.

all emails were in English, she speaks the lingo pretty well.

Hymie.

Dec 12, 2010
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 2011
I've been with them for 6 years now, I renew online using a scanned document I got when I first joined, just change the date and card details, but I've never been sent a new card apart from the original one. The only way I know I'm still a member is they keep sending me that verdammt magazine each month.

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Jock, i had a no show on my card but emailed eva.hagl@sby.adac.de and she sent me a digital copy by email to use until my card arrived.

Might be worth dropping her a line asking for a copy, my never appeared for months, finally received the 3rd copy they posted.

all emails were in English, she speaks the lingo pretty well.

Hymie.
Thanks Hymie. (y)

I did contact my CC provider yesterday, and the payment has definitely gone through. I was given my membership number over the phone, which has been confirmed when I phoned ADAC again.

I'll email Eva as suggested.

Cheers,

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
I HATE breakdown cover but what finally clinched it for me is that with ADAC it is not any particular vehicle you get covered, but what ever vehicle you happen to be in .. And that includes motorcycles too

stcyr

Free Member
Apr 11, 2011
Normandie
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
On & off, since 1966 - fulltime since 2005
The number to ring is 0049 941 55673
Pay by card.

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Ditto here Hymie, with an offer to extend the digital copy beyond 7th June, should we not return home, to pick up the originals. (y)

Excellent service by Eva. :)

Cheers,

PhilG

Free Member
Mar 8, 2016
leicester
Funster No
MH
euramobil 810
Exp
since birth
im looking at doing this next weekend while i am over in Germany , anything i need to be aware of , vehicle size restrictions etc ?

sdc77

Free Member
Jan 28, 2013
Weardale, Co Durham
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
since 2011
im looking at doing this next weekend while i am over in Germany , anything i need to be aware of , vehicle size restrictions etc ?
Joining ADAC ? .. all the info is on lots of posts here but you don't join with a vehicle. It's you (and partner)who is covered. I think the only thing you'll save joining in Germany is the cost of the phone call as you will still have to call them.... Unless you have a German address.

PhilG

Free Member
Mar 8, 2016
leicester
Funster No
MH
euramobil 810
Exp
since birth
Joining ADAC ? .. all the info is on lots of posts here but you don't join with a vehicle. It's you (and partner)who is covered. I think the only thing you'll save joining in Germany is the cost of the phone call as you will still have to call them.... Unless you have a German address.

Yeah, thx , I have read a bit on it , I was going to join last year but they didn't cover my vehicle, so I sacked it off, but now I have downsized , I think I fit criteria.. I have a german address , so may use that if it helps, will ask the question.

The ADAC organize the race series we do , so I have people who work in ADAC Saarland that I can talk to , not going over in the camper next weekend though , as its not fast enough to get home in time.

davidallan

Free Member
Oct 22, 2007
Leeds
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
26 yrs CVing + 14< MH' ing
Just Renewed ADAC plus [self & Wife] again...year 5/6. NO PROBLEM BUT every year difficulty
getting the correct number to dial, Tried all 5 nos i have on file !!!
FYI .... GOT THRO ON : 0049 94152344....Appears general Switchboard and they put me directly
thro to English speaker....Paid 102.50 Euros Visa Credit and all done.
Thanks ADAC & MHFun

Nov 8, 2015
Rakitnika, Varna, Bulgaria
Funster No
MH
Damon Daybreak RV
Exp
Now in fifth year and with American RV
Yeah, thx , I have read a bit on it , I was going to join last year but they didn't cover my vehicle, so I sacked it off, but now I have downsized , I think I fit criteria.. I have a german address , so may use that if it helps, will ask the question.
I don't understand that, it is the person(s) that are covered, not specific vehicles, can you expand on that statement please. I have been a member ( Plus ) for two years, called them out for battery problem last year with great service received and can thoroughly recommend them. I think the only place that their " partners " regularly let them down is in the UK ( AA )

Deleted User
I don't understand that, it is the person(s) that are covered, not specific vehicles,

Not if the vehicle the person is using falls outside their size criteria.

PhilG

Free Member
Mar 8, 2016
leicester
Funster No
MH
euramobil 810
Exp
since birth
I don't understand that, it is the person(s) that are covered, not specific vehicles, can you expand on that statement please. I have been a member ( Plus ) for two years, called them out for battery problem last year with great service received and can thoroughly recommend them. I think the only place that their " partners " regularly let them down is in the UK ( AA )

We had a 7.5 tonne MH and i think they only do up to 5.5 tonne, anything bigger needs their commercial cover. Spoke at length to a girl at a show , and said they wouldnt be able to help. i have AA here , and will only use ADAC in europe.

Deleted User
W

What is the size criteria??

"
Based on the design and the facilities for the transport of persons, the vehicle may
not have more than 9 seats (including the driver's seat) and must not exceed a
total width of 2.55m, a total length of 10 m, a height of 3.00m, a maximum gross
weight of 3.5 t. The same applies to the attached trailer. All dimensions indicated
refer to the vehicle including load. The trailer shall not have more than one axle.
Axles with a distance of less than 1.00m from one another are considered one
axle. Cover shall also apply to mobile homes with a maximum height of 3.2m
including load and a maximum gross weight of 7.5 t. For mobile homes exceeding
the above maximum dimensions the following benefits shall be excluded: Off-road
recovery (§ 26), vehicle recovery (§ 30), pick-up service (§ 31) and if the car is a
total loss, transport from the place of the incident to the storage site (§ 33 No.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back