ADAC..... Really?? (1 Viewer)

C

Chockswahay

Deleted User
I have tried to find answers to the many questions I have regarding ADAC and so far no real answers

There are many people on here who are current members and have renewed over the years.......

So here are my questions:

1. Anyone joined new since 2015?

2. Is it true that AA will have nothing to do with ADAC hence no UK cover?

3. If I or my wife require medical repatriation back to the UK will ADAC pay for it and do they provide this cover even if we have gone on holiday without the van? (worldwide?)

4. Can I join online?

5. Can I pay by bank transfer?

6. Has anyone actually used ADAC for recovery or repatriation in the last 12 months?

There seems to be many 'happy' ADAC members who don't really know how well they are covered, because they have never made a claim :eek:

I need actual facts.

Anyone?? :)

sdc77

Free Member
Jan 28, 2013
Weardale, Co Durham
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
since 2011
1 People have joined
2 false.. We had the AA out a year ago
3 yes.. But read the terms (as you should anyway).. So it's for a vehicle.. Not personal
4 no.. Not in you're in the uk
5 don't think so.. Debit or credit card over the phone
6 I haven't..

A translation of the terms is available.. (maybe in the download area)

To be honest if you're so concerned why don't you just join a UK based company..

Adac are a massive world renowned company and I trust them but don't really want to have to use them..

Another thing you could do is phone them and ask them all these questions.. They speak excellent English and tend to be very efficient and knowledgeable

stcyr

Free Member
Apr 11, 2011
Normandie
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
On & off, since 1966 - fulltime since 2005
1) Three friends of mine have joined in the last couple of years, on my recommendation.
2) Adac had problems with AA (not the other way round) - I first heard of this a while back when some eejit filled my MH with unleaded late one night in Derbyshire, resulting in a come-to-a-standstill situation 15 miles down the A6 from Derby. Phoned Adac, English-speaking lady answered, took all the details of the MH, location etc., and nature of the problem. She relayed the info to the AA, saying they had told her they would be with me within 30 mins. She phoned me every 20 mins. or so from then on. 50 mins. later an AA patrol rang me and said he'd be with me in 20 mins. I asked him if he knew exactly where I was - No, he replied. I told him and he said Good lord, I'm in Mansfield & it'll take me an hour to get to you. I then asked if he was aware I was in a MH, and that wrong fuel was in it. Oh, he said, can't do MHs, can't help. Adac meanwhile was still phoning at regular intervals to hear of progress. She said she was fed-up with the lack of communication at AA. She then said she would sort out help from another quarter. Within 15 mins. she'd organised an independant outfit to come out with a proper recovery vehicle. I was offered a hotel for the night. Everything got sorted with no help from AA.
3) Breakdown cover is for anywhere in Europe including all countries bordering the Med., but medical cover applies anywhere in the world. (I haven't yet tested this personally but another friend was flown back to France from somewhere in North Africa - Tunisia or somesuch)
4) Easy to ring & join over the phone - takes just a few minutes.
5) Can pay by bank transfer, for renewals anyway, but I've always used debit cards (UK & French)
6) Not personally. Last year a friend's Transit dumped its water near Pont-l'Evèque one Saturday, while he was on his way down to us, towing a caravan. He was sorted within two hours & on his way again.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

stcyr

Free Member
Apr 11, 2011
Normandie
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
You need to ask for 'Plus' membership. This has got nothing to do with spouses but gives extra benefits like vehicle repatriation, fixing at home (30 miles from home if you are resident in Germany) etc. to those not living in Germany...

partnerPlus includes spouse/children up to 23 ... even if travelling independently.

Just remembered - one of our sons broke down in his car on his way home to Wales from north England, with Mrs. & two babies. I texted him my membership number from here and he was sorted - this time the problem was simple enough for the AA to cope with :rolleyes:

Last edited:
OP
OP
C

Chockswahay

Deleted User
Thanks chaps, looks like this is the one?

Broken Link Removed

I had to use GoogleChrome Browser for the English version......

stcyr

Free Member
Apr 11, 2011
Normandie
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
What ADAC memberships are available?

The ADAC offers standard rates at several reduced membership types. In general, a distinction is made between an ADAC membership as always for yourself or a partner in the ADAC membership package (for you and your partner). The following species are currently ADAC membership ADAC available:

1. Classic ADAC membership (protection only in Germany)
    Standard: 49,00 € / year
    Standard tariff package as a partner: 69,00 € / year
    Under 27 still in education: 37,00 € / year
    Under 27 still in training as a partner package: 57,00 € / year
    Severely disabled fare: 37.00 € / year
    Severely disabled tariff as a partner package: 57,00 € / year
  2. ADAC Plus membership (world protection)
    Standard: 84,00 € / year
    Standard tariff package as a partner: 109,00 € / year
    Under 27 still in education: 97,00 € / year
    Under 27 still in training as a partner package: 97,00 € / year
    Severely disabled fare: 72.00 € / year
    Severely disabled tariff as a partner package: 97,00 € / year
    1. ADAC Young Generation / ADAC Starter (initial rates with low annual premiums)
      Under 18 year olds: 0,00Euro / year
      Novice drivers with 17 years (accompanied driving) in the first year: 0,00 € / year *
      Novice drivers under 25 years in education: The first year: 0,00 € / year *
      Novice drivers not in education: The first year: € 0.00 / year
      18 - 23 year olds in education: 24,00 € / year
      18 - 23 year olds not in education: 24,00 € / year * from the second year each episode favorable rates are available

Oct 24, 2013
Nantwich. Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Trend
Exp
6yrs ish!
Has anyone got a phone number for them. The one I tried worked out at ÂŁ3.50 a minute !!!!!! Think we want to join, especially with the benefits on offer. (y)(y)

Jan 3, 2008
Pakefield, Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK
Funster No
MH
Looking
Exp
1 People have joined
2 false.. We had the AA out a year ago
3 yes.. But read the terms (as you should anyway).. So it's for a vehicle.. Not personal
4 no.. Not in you're in the uk
5 don't think so.. Debit or credit card over the phone
6 I haven't..

A translation of the terms is available.. (maybe in the download area)

To be honest if you're so concerned why don't you just join a UK based company..

Adac are a massive world renowned company and I trust them but don't really want to have to use them..

Another thing you could do is phone them and ask them all these questions.. They speak excellent English and tend to be very efficient and knowledgeable

Are you sure about 3 above. My understanding of my membership (ADAC Plus) covers me personally whatever vehicle I might be in for medical emergency including repatriation and is not for the vehicle.

Here is an extract from my terms and conditions,

Insurance certificate for ADACPlus membership

Security by ADAC safe services
ADAC has arranged a group insurance contract with the ADAC assurance of safe-AG, Munich, in support of ADACPlus members of the Association. This is the group conditions of the insurance ADAC safe Versicherungs-AG for the underlying ADACPlus membership. The insurance covers Europe-wide, vehicle-related services such as assistance following breakdown, accident, vehicle theft, and worldwide, ADACPlus personal services for members and their families in the event of illness, injury and death.

The ADACPlus member and his (marriage) partner’s vehicles are all protected. Both drivers are also protected in third party vehicles. The beginning and end of the insurance cover are as covered under the terms of the ADACPlus membership.

Last edited:

sdc77

Free Member
Jan 28, 2013
Weardale, Co Durham
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
since 2011
Are you sure about 3 above. My understanding of my membership (ADAC Plus) covers me personally whatever vehicle I might be in for medical emergency including repatriation and is not for the vehicle.

Here is an extract from my terms and conditions,

Insurance certificate for ADACPlus membership

Security by ADAC safe services
ADAC has arranged a group insurance contract with the ADAC assurance of safe-AG, Munich, in support of ADACPlus members of the Association. This is the group conditions of the insurance ADAC safe Versicherungs-AG for the underlying ADACPlus membership. The insurance covers Europe-wide, vehicle-related services such as assistance following breakdown, accident, vehicle theft, and worldwide, ADACPlus personal services for members and their families in the event of illness, injury and death.

The ADACPlus member and his (marriage) partner’s vehicles are all protected. Both drivers are also protected in third party vehicles. The beginning and end of the insurance cover are as covered under the terms of the ADACPlus membership.
.. Obviously you are correct... But there has to be a vehicle... The op was asking about no vehicle

stcyr

Free Member
Apr 11, 2011
Normandie
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
ADAC Plus membership

The Plus membership is equipped with all the advantages of classical membership. Furthermore, the Plus membership is a combination of the ADAC membership and services from the ADAC Euro protection letter.

The additional benefits are:

• Wide, comprehensive protection for people who travel a lot. Protected on all trips, identical for which transport them decide
  • Eligible protection for vehicles that do not belong to you (car rental record, professional vehicle)
  • Protection of the World: The performance of the Plus membership apply not only in Germany, but throughout Europe and selected countries outside the EU.
The Plus membership is currently available in the following rates:

• Standard ADAC Plus membership: 84,00 € / year
  • Under 27 years in education: 72,00 € / year
  • Severely disabled fare: 72.00 € / year
In addition to the "normal" ADAC Plus membership, there is the Partner Plus package. The Partner Plus package provides additional protection for the partner or the whole family is included!

The terms of the ADAC Plus membership including partner and / or family:

• Partner Membership: 109,00 € / year (reduced: 97,00 € / year)
  • Under 27 years in education: 87,50 € / year
  • Partner membership and othe people (between 18-23 years) 134,00 € / year

OP
OP
C

Chockswahay

Deleted User
Thanks again guys, in the end I am going with Safeguard.........all in, best price :D

May 8, 2010
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2010
You can, indeed, pay by bank transfer - at least in the case of renewals. The renewal forms which they send through each year, asks you to pay by means of the IBAN system. This is what I do. As the documentation is in German, though, you may have a problem with the paperwork if you don't read German.

We've had the AA out to a breakdown in the van and to a home start for the car, through ADAC, during the last 12 months.

sdc77

Free Member
Jan 28, 2013
Weardale, Co Durham
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
since 2011
Be interesting to hear what safeguard charged you for similar cover..
I've not heard of any UK company coming closed to Adacs price

Aug 7, 2007
Dundee
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoquest 195
Exp
since 1975
I rejoined today and paid via a phone call to very nice male member of staff who spoke perfect English. Took out the Adac Plus cover as both of us are registered disabled plus wife does not drive.
I have used them 3 times over the years with no problems at all, twice in the UK and once in Spain.
recommend.

mjltigger

Free Member
Nov 12, 2014
Trowbridge
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Dakota Max
Exp
email from adac said:
Dear Mr. Lee,

thank you for your message and interest in joining ADAC.

Please note that the ADAC (Plus-) membership provides a reduced range of services and benefits for members residing outside Germany. The classic membership covers breakdown assistance in Germany only.

ADAC Plus members will not be entitled to benefits such as spare parts dispatch, vehicle customs Germany and in your duties and scrapping, credits and cash service in Germany and in their country of residence.

In view of the above, would you please verify whether a local organisation offers a product that better suits your needs.

Under the FIA umbrella organisation, ADAC cooperates with other automobile clubs. We believe that your local automobile club might offer products that provide more

comprehensive protection.

Sincerely yours

Florian Koelbl

Allgemeiner Deutscher Automobil-Club e.V. (ADAC e.V.)
Mitgliederservice (GKS)
Mitgliedschaft + Versicherungen
Tel.: 0851 5903 2514
Fax: 0851 5903 9200
http://www.adac.de/impressum

OP
OP
C

Chockswahay

Deleted User
@stcyr vehicle insurance and breakdown cover all in for less than ÂŁ350 (y) The insurance is of course variable but I have included protected NCB, keeping the van on the road at home, and a traffic offences on my license, these three things bump up the premium considerably :eek:

To go with ADAC I would have need to get insurance alone at ÂŁ250 or less........... it was never gonna happen for me :(

Welsh girl

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 7, 2009
Funster No
MH
Globecar
Exp
Since 2004
I know this is an old thread but I'm interested in the medical repatriation part of this and what happens if you need help, do you speak to an english person in Germany or is it a whole load of hassle?
Our travel insurance won't upgrade as we came to spain without phoning first, we thought it covered us, long story.

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Dunno about medical side of things, but as to phoning them, I always use Skype.. Cost is about 8 pence in total !

Welsh girl

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 7, 2009
Funster No
MH
Globecar
Exp
Since 2004
Dunno about medical side of things, but as to phoning them, I always use Skype.. Cost is about 8 pence in total !
Skype is a good idea, never thought of that, thanks.

Sep 16, 2010
Bungay Suffolk
Funster No
MH
Autotrail TrackerEKS
Exp
Since 2010
I have been a member for about 5 years (Not had to use it yet) And it is the best I could find for the price..
The breakdown covers that come attached to the insurance, is done through companies with far less continental experience than the ADAC one..
ADAC has been doing this for 113 years and is very good at it ! ! ! ! !
If you don't like whats on offer, don't join ! !
Mitch.

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
On and off for many years.
later an AA patrol rang me and said he'd be with me in 20 mins. I asked him if he knew exactly where I was - No, he replied. I told him and he said Good lord, I'm in Mansfield & it'll take me an hour to get to you. I then asked if he was aware I was in a MH, and that wrong fuel was in it. Oh, he said, can't do MHs, can't help. Adac meanwhile was still phoning at regular intervals to hear of progress. She said she was fed-up with the lack of communication at AA. She then said she would sort out help from another quarter. Within 15 mins. she'd organised an independant outfit to come out with a proper recovery vehicle. I was offered a hotel for the night. Everything got sorted with no help from AA.

I was an AA member and they left me stranded twice. Once I managed to fix the car myself (loose battery terminal after a Halfrauds service, no idea why they disconnected the battery and never did get a satisfactory answer) and the second time a Samaritan came to my rescue and called a family member who was a mechanic.

I cancelled my membership and now have cover as part of the insurance.

May 4, 2015
North Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
since 2000
Due to being away I missed the renewal on my membership. I telephoned 6 weeks later and they renewed over the phone and asked if I would like to renew yearly by bank transfer. They will carry on taking it out so I do not need to telephone them each year, until I want to cancel.

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
since 2007.Tugger before since 1970
I know this is an old thread but I'm interested in the medical repatriation part of this and what happens if you need help, do you speak to an english person in Germany or is it a whole load of hassle?
Our travel insurance won't upgrade as we came to spain without phoning first, we thought it covered us, long story.
Like all breakdown companies they use a company of interpreters usually in the country you are in..Both times i used them in Spain they sorted my problems very quickly. They sorted out an ambulance to take me to hospital when i injured my knee and rang me every day afterwards for a week offering me repatriation which luckily i didn't need,,BUSBY,,:):)

stcyr

Free Member
Apr 11, 2011
Normandie
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Son & family broke down 400kms south of us a couple of weeks ago - 2 adults & 2 young kiddies. Ancient 6-berth MH. Phone-call to ADAC set everything off: 'Let us deal with everything' they said. Within 25 mins. a breakdown truck turned up, while the driver was loading the MH onto the truck a taxi was ordered to take them on a 33km drive to collect a hire car. 'Right, Adac said, you will need a big car so you can load all your personal stuff & bedding etc., so you will have a VW Touran' ... Hire car sorted, back to the location of breakdown & a visit to the main-dealer garage where the van had been taken to... The garage owner had the van on the ramp as soon as it was dropped off but it was established that although it could be repaired it'd take a few days to obtain the parts and as the family were living in the van it would be impossible for them to be in it in the workshop, so Adac said it would be recovered to home. Adac phoned every 25/30 mins. to keep everyone informed & up to date. They said it could take up to a fortnight to arrange the recovery. No problems said the garage owner - 'You are already in the merde so I refuse to add to it, so there will be no charge for storage and no charge for our diagnosis, and have no fear, we will look after your home'. (Well, this is France (y)) ... Anyway, all was loaded into the very nice nearly new Touran and they set off for home. About an hour later Adac phoned them again to say the MH would be delivered to our local garage next Wednesday between 4 & 5pm - this was Friday... 4am Wednesday the MH arrived, straight into workshop and on the ramps. The hire car was supplied for a week, to be returned to the nearest depot to us. Adac staff were brilliant - they were phoning son & speaking in English and when his credit ran out they phoned me at home, in French - all ran like clockwork. They actually offered a couple of nights in a hotel if needed. Adac rules ;)

Mikey RV

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 7, 2010
Devon
Funster No
MH
Burstner Elegance I821G
Exp
Since 1977
We were going to use them but we're told we were to big at 9 metres and five ton. :(

Nov 2, 2014
Maldon Essex
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Motor Homes:-

Length. Up to 10 metres

Width . Up to 2.55 metres

Height. Up to 3.20 metres.

Weight. Up to 7.5 tonnes.

Abstract from ADAC Cover Booklet.

The vehicle can not go to design and furnishings for the carriage of persons not more than 9 seats (including

of the space for the driver) and
- A total width of 2.55 m,
- A total length of 10 m,
- A height of 3 metres and
- A total permissible weight of 3.5 tons do not exceed.
The same goes for the accompanying trailer. All dimensions are including cargo. The trailer may have no more than one axle. Axles with a distance of less than 1 metre apart, are considered an axle.
4. In addition, motorhomes are insured up to
- A height of 3.20 m, including cargo and
- A maximum total weight of 7.5 tonnes
For mobile homes, which exceed the maximum

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread