ADAC - not taking UK members :( (1 Viewer)

MattR

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2013
Beds
Funster No
MH
Panel van
Exp
Years
I just tried to join ADAC (German breakdown service) but was told that they are unable to take UK members as the AA do not want to remain part of the scheme (or similar). Apparently, this change happened a few months ago.

We have a MH older than 15 years and while I can get Green Flag coverage for the UK, the cost of a 3 week Red Pendant cover with the Caravan Club is approx £170. The combined cost is close to £300 for a year while the ADAC cover would have been a third of that and provided cover for more trips to the continent.

Has any one been able to join ADAC in the last month (if so, how) and can anyone recommend an alternative break down service for vans over 15 years old?

froggy59

Free Member
Jul 12, 2011
walkden
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
since 2009
I have renewed my adac membership last month, had to phone Munich and ask for an English speaking person.

R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
Tell them you will report them to the European Union as this sounds like discrimination

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Abacist

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 15, 2013
Devon
Funster No
MH
N & B Tag Axle
Exp
since 2013
Have you tried your MH insurers to find out if they provide this service. Mine did and it was very affordable compared to both camping clubs including repatriation.

OP
OP
MattR

MattR

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2013
Beds
Funster No
MH
Panel van
Exp
Years
I spoke to 4 people in Germany. The first could not take my details through the normal route because their payment system does not accept UK payment. He gave me the membership phone number which I called. The first person did not speak English and we may have lost Skype connection. The second person spoke reasonable English but suggested that I tried to fill in the online membership form - which I tried to do but could not complete as I do not have a German zip code. I called again and was put through to a lady with very good English who told me that they could not accept UK members due to the AA issue.

My insurance company does not offer the breakdown service for vehicles over 15 years old.

Billy23

Free Member
Feb 10, 2012
On a planet...far, ....far away.
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
On and off 1995
My friend, who speaks German, phoned up for me, renewed my membership and took the money from my UK Visa Debit card, also changed my UK address. No problems whatsoever, checked my UK bank and payment was taken 3 days later. Never used it, but try and beat the conditions! :)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

flatpackchicken

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2010
BICESTER OXFORDSHIRE
Funster No
MH
A Class Frankia I8000
Exp
Since nov 2009
I think that members that joined before jan 2014 can renew no problem but looks like new members after Jan 2014 have a problem???? will look back at some posts as thought there may be a contact at adac to join Regards Garry Flatpackchicken

flatpackchicken

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2010
BICESTER OXFORDSHIRE
Funster No
MH
A Class Frankia I8000
Exp
Since nov 2009
Hi, here is the last post I looked at re membership,, have a look at this and maybe phone up the number in bold at bottom of page Regards Garry Flatpackchicken

thank you for your message.

Please note that the new ADAC (Plus) membership provides a reduced range of services and benefits for members residing outside Germany since 01.01.2014. Your Plus membership provides the same services and benefits as in the last years. Your membership won't be terminated in December 2014. Your Plus membership is valid as long as you won't cancel it.

Your acquaintance could send a application form and could get a member.

The AA is still our partner automobile club in the UK. If you need help you could call 0049 89 22 22 22 .

Under the FIA umbrella organisation, ADAC cooperates with other automobile clubs. We believe that your local automobile club might offer products that provide more comprehensive protection."

Please do not hesitate to get back to us with any questions.

Sincerely yours

Allgemeiner Deutscher Automobil-Club e. V. (ADAC e. V.)
Mitgliederservice
Mitgliedschaft+Versicherungen
Tel.: 0 89 76 76 66 32
Fax: 0 89 76 76 63 46
http://www.adac.de/impressum

OP
OP
MattR

MattR

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2013
Beds