Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
TThat is true and why we run on the main roads

Just had a thought.....The only time you WILL have to pay is on a French auto-route as they have there own designated recovery/breakdown services.
This applies to ADAC and ALL other breakdown/recovery policies.
You will have to pay the French to take you off the toll road and then contact your own recovery company. There are no exceptions to this and thats the main reason I dont use toll roads in France. You can of coarse reclaim the French part of the recovery from ADAC.

That is one of the reasons we run on the main roads and keep off toll roads as you know a rig that is 45' RV and trailer would be expensive to recover. The main roads in France are on the whole good and I only had to pay €3.20 to come off the non toll road to get by one toll at Clemant Ferand .. but have travle all over France on the minor roads.. great.

But I still have ADAC just in case.. plus Safeguard cover the Americans over 3.5 tons with no problems as well as those under 3.5 tons.

Bob:Eeek:

marjohn

Free Member
Jun 25, 2013
lowestoft
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
9 years
Hi,

If people are interested we could compile a list of questions and email them for the answers.
hello there i am interested in renewing my insurance for breakdowns etc before i go to morocco:thumb:marjohn

marjohn

Free Member
Jun 25, 2013
lowestoft
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
9 years
I have rung ADAC and spoken to a very helpful young lady

Cover is Europe and UK

Restrictions are:

Height 3.22m

Width 2.55m

Length 10m

Weight 7.5 Tonnes

You would need the full (plus) membership at only 79.95 euro (about £73) giving roadside assistance and recovery

You ring 00491805101112
i am offshore but they didnt reconize the phone number please would you check it for me thanks marjohn:thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

froghopper

Free Member
Nov 29, 2009
winchester
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
before they were invented
Adac

Twice needed a tow. France and holland. Never been asked for money. Even had a call from them to check we were back on road. :thumb::thumb::thumb:

gwyntaxi

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 9, 2009
,Swansea
Funster No
MH
hymer starline 655
Exp
42yearscaravanning&motorhoming
ADAC-plus TRANSLATION PLEEEAAASSSSE

hi,

for any of you searching for breakdown cover its worth having a look at this site, the link should take you to the english translation, it does appear to be very good value for the services it offers.

From what i have read on other forums it covers a lot of countries that may otherwise be excluded from uk based breakdown policies, you will need to check this out for yourselves but it does sound very interesting i also think i heard they cover up to 7.5 tons again you need to confirm that yourselves

hope it helps

braunston

the membership in adac

hi braunston - i'd be very grateful for a copy! Thanks! :thumb:
hi there i'd be more than grateful for a copy as i have just taken out adac-plus+partner,but haven't got a clue what i've
got in terms of breakdown/repatriation/medical cover etc.etc.

herbies

Free Member
Apr 17, 2013
somewhere in south devon
Funster No
MH
hymer b694
Exp
adac

i have loked at this site a few times and i cant seem to fathom where there is motorhome specific insurance with europe breakdown etc,. any tips please?

bobandjanie

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 28, 2008
Javea, Spain
Funster No
MH
Pilote V600g
Exp
Hi I don't think braunston is a member any longer, but if look on the left hand side on the home page.

Resources
French Aires
Reviews
[HI] Downloads[/HI]
MH Links
Motorhome Maps

Then :[HI] Touring Information Travel Information [/HI]

ADAC Handbook with Conditions PDF : Hi, As said in the thread this is obviously its a best attempt translation so no guarantees to its ... [more] (306.5 KB)

That should get what your looking for hopefully. ::bigsmile: Bob.

stcyr

Free Member
Apr 11, 2011
Normandie
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
On & off, since 1966 - fulltime since 2005
I'm fed up with the guesswork and supposition and suspicion surrounding Adac membership ...

All you need is Partnerplus at 79 euros. ('Partner' does not relate to your husband/wife/g'friend/boyfriend - but to partnership with Adac).

The 200 limit quite simply applies to recovery to the nearest appropriate garage - more than adequate in most parts of Europe, NOT to repatriation.

Repatriation of the vehicle is limited only up to the value of the vehicle.

The cover is for ANY vehicle you are travelling in, not just a specific vehicle. Borrowed or owned by you.

The term is 'Ripoff Britain' not 'Ripoff Europe'.

keith

Free Member
Aug 25, 2007
Ecclefechan
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Starseeker
Exp
Caravaning since 1974 - Motorhoming since 2003
You can download all information on ADAC in English in the Downloads section (L/H side of main page) under "Touring Information"

Edit: Someone beat me to it.

Last edited:

gordieboy

Free Member
Feb 16, 2010
Funster No
Breakdown in Morocco

Have just rung ADAC and they are not letting any more British join!! A head office memo last week !!!!!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back