Acsi (1 Viewer)

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
How does this work, not useing camps much before, never looked into it, but looking at the port grimaud campsite yesterday it is half price in September for acsi which is a saving of about £50 on three nights, so got to looking for the card but most were sold out but looked on eBay and some firm called outdoor bits had got some for £13.50 so I have ordered one so am saving £35 on just the three days, never mind any more camps we might use, is it this simple or is there a catch, do you have to register or something after it comes or is it really a no brainer that it looks, if so how's it work.

BreweryDave

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2011
Alvor, Algarve
Funster No
MH
None now!
Exp
It really is a no brainer!!!
Just fill in your details on the card that comes with the book. Show it at the reception when you arrive and voila - reduced rate!
Have to buy a new one each year.

MikeD

Free Member
Dec 21, 2011
London
Funster No
MH
IH PVC
Exp
Since 2012
We used ACSI all the time on our travels abroad.

Just show the card to the reception for your discount. (y)(y)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

ukbill

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 3, 2011
Pinoso
Funster No
MH
4 berth low profile
Exp
starting on saturday 10/3/2012
yes its as simple as 1 2 3

laneside

Funster
Deceased RIP
Aug 14, 2009
Oradour sur Vayres
Funster No
MH
Rapido V66
Exp
nowhere near long enough
There is a card in the front of the book which you remove and sign and show at reception when arriving. It does expire in December and you have to buy the 2015 book.

We have used them often and only encountered two minor problems i) where a site kept inferior pitches for Asci card users and ii) one site in Portugal, out of season, was a couple of euros cheaper per night without using the card.
That said we have always had value for money out of the purchase

ukbill

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 3, 2011
Pinoso
Funster No
MH
4 berth low profile
Exp
starting on saturday 10/3/2012
always just ask for a pitch then they normally tell you to pick 1 dont show ya acsi till you have picked 1 then you will know if they have some which are acsi only

johnp10

Free Member
Oct 12, 2009
North Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
8 years ish
I've never experienced the acsi only pitch business, but I don't doubt it happens at some sites.
Brilliant system, the cost of the book comes back more often than not with the first use.
Crackin system.

May 12, 2011
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
Hymer
In addition to everything said above, great system and soon recover the cost, on many sites, they will take your ACSI card in place of a passport as ID.

OP
OP
chaser
Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Bl...... Hell, it's here, only ordered it yesterday afternoon , it's just dropped through the letterbox from Devon, how do they do that(y)(y)(y)

Jun 22, 2012
Sherborne Dorset
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2012
We used it on 3 different sites in the UK this year the first 2 weeks in July. Not too many sites yet in the UK but hopefully that will change.

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
We are going to be using it in Portugal and Spain this September and October. I planned the trip around ACSI sites and there were only a couple of places I wanted to visit where there wasn't an ACSI site available so we will be paying full fare at those ones, but everywhere else will be ACSI.

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
The ACSI DVD is a good buy - see all the sites on your laptop. This does not get you the discount, just a planner and you don't need to buy every year unless you desperately need the few new sites added.

SUGGY

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 23, 2011
scunthorpe
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
We are going to be using it in Portugal and Spain this September and October. I planned the trip around ACSI sites and there were only a couple of places I wanted to visit where there wasn't an ACSI site available so we will be paying full fare at those ones, but everywhere else will be ACSI.

We found that sites in Europe , that are not on the ACIS register will give you ACIS rate if you show them the card , :devil:

Reactions: DBK
Jan 10, 2013
Near Uttoxeter and Crete
Funster No
MH
Warwick XL PVC
Exp
Still trucking and learning
ACSI is brilliant - saved a fortune on our 30 day trip to Crete earlier this year which was all 'out of season' therefore ACSI rates. Didn't save as much coming back though due to travelling June/July (in main season for most of sites).

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
The ACSI DVD is a good buy - see all the sites on your laptop. This does not get you the discount, just a planner and you don't need to buy every year unless you desperately need the few new sites added.
There's an ACSI app for Android too, and it's free.

Cobweb

Free Member
Mar 25, 2014
North Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2007
The Acsi card is brilliant . We have used it for many years . I do show my card as soon as I arrive although most of the times you can choose any pitch you like . Only once we paid a few euro extra to have a pitch by a river . You can also access the Acsi CC online to search for a suitable site . So far we have not had to book and only twice have arrived late to find a campsite full .Both sites were by the Danube in Austria during a bank holiday weekend . When you leave be sure you get your card back if the reception has kept it .....we had to
drive back many miles once to retrieve ours .

TerryL

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 5, 2010
North East
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
Nothing against the UK retailers but if you order direct from the ACSI website and also set up a recurring payment you get the new edition usually before anyone else. And it's a bit cheaper.

They also do a Camping Carnet card which you can order at the same time for less than you'll pay at any UK provider (eg CC, AA etc). Use this instead of leaving your passports with reception - but please note although you can use the carnet at any site it doesn't entitle you to the ACSI discount; you still need to buy the book. We've noticed a few sites now are checking this.

Like everybody else we saved the cost on the first night we used it - and a fortune since!

OP
OP
chaser
Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Nothing against the UK retailers but if you order direct from the ACSI website and also set up a recurring payment you get the new edition usually before anyone else. And it's a bit cheaper.

They also do a Camping Carnet card which you can order at the same time for less than you'll pay at any UK provider (eg CC, AA etc). Use this instead of leaving your passports with reception - but please note although you can use the carnet at any site it doesn't entitle you to the ACSI discount; you still need to buy the book. We've noticed a few sites now are checking this.

Like everybody else we saved the cost on the first night we used it - and a fortune since!
Yes I realise that but they are sold out and pretty much everywhere else as well only tried eBay as a last resort, and this firm outdoorbits only has a few according to the website, but how they got it here in about 16 hours beats me. R m as well

Jun 22, 2012
Sherborne Dorset
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2012
I get mine direct from ACSI as its cheaper but mine arrived after many of the people on this forum had got theirs from Vicarious books, it is odd that the postage from the Netherlands is cheaper than in the UK. mind you I find that when I get my Senseo coffee pods direct from there.

Bertie Bassett

Free Member
Jul 25, 2014
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 1988
I get mine direct from ACSI as its cheaper but mine arrived after many of the people on this forum had got theirs from Vicarious books, it is odd that the postage from the Netherlands is cheaper than in the UK. mind you I find that when I get my Senseo coffee pods direct from there.

We've had an ACSI card on a recurring payment direct with ACSI for a few years now, much, much cheaper than getting it anywhere else. Also use the ACSI ID card, this years cost with favourable rates for the pound was £3.47 and a tenner for the year on the card. We receive ours very early and before they take the cash............don't you just love the Dutch.

Busman

Free Member
Jul 25, 2013
Wirral
Funster No
MH
Esterel
Exp
A few years
How do people get on when there abroad over winter, I intend leaving uk November so could do with one but will be away.
Ta

oldun

Free Member
Mar 23, 2008
St Neots
Funster No
MH
VW Campervan
Exp
Since 2001
We found that sites in Europe , that are not on the ACIS register will give you ACIS rate if you show them the card , :devil:
Are you seriously suggesting that ALL sites with give the discount?

Hymie

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 29, 2013
Essex
Funster No
MH
Classic Hymer B564
Exp
Since 1981
While in Belgium in June we looked for a site in the Netherlands, found Zeeland in Breskens and emailed site for a pitch from the ACSI website and joined ACSI at the same time.

When we got to site I was asked for the card but told them truthfully that I had only joined 2 days before, but she gave us the ACSI rate as we had emailed through their website,

We were charged 16.35 € a day including entry to the pool, so got the cost back in 1 day as the guy booking in next to me did not have ACSI and was charged 38€ A day for an identical pitch.

ACSI, don't leave home without it.

Cobweb

Free Member
Mar 25, 2014
North Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2007
I have been told that some of the European Acsi CC books have some sites which the British version does not .It is always worth showing your ACSI CC just in case . Funny enough we stayed in an ACSI CC €16 site in Scweitch by the Moselle and they had a non Acsi rate of €14 per night which is what they charged us! Many municipal sites in France are often much cheaper than even the cheapest ACSI CC . Some can be a bit basic but if all you need is hookup ,
water and grey and black water dump they can be great value . You can get a book from Vicarious Books which has most campsites in France in French .... Sorry , I can not give the name since it is in the van and the van is in storage .

Hollyberry

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2011
New Forest.
Funster No
MH
None.
Exp
4yrs
How do people get on when there abroad over winter, I intend leaving uk November so could do with one but will be away.
Ta
First ACSI book I bought, they sent it to a campsite in France for me. I asked the site first if I could have mail delivered--no problem.

OP
OP
chaser
Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Well I have never felt the need for acsi as we don't do campsites, but this time going for a month or so thought we would try one down the south of France for a few days mid trip, so started looking for one and could not believe the prices, anyway we looked at one that wanted 36 euros a night but did say it was half price for acsi so got to looking into it and got the card for £13.50 but that's in another thread, so instead of paying 108 euros for three nights we are now paying 54 so have saved 30 euros in the first use of the card, looks like a no brainer result to me even if we never use it again(y)

mikebeaches

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 22, 2010
Bristol
Funster No
MH
Rapido V68 Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2009

We have also found this a couple of times. On checking-in to a site that was not in the ACSI discount scheme, we've shown the guide and card and said did they accept it - and twice they said yes!

Doubtless, it won't work everywhere, but it's always worth asking.

Also, there can sometimes be confusion because a site displays an ACSI sticker - but only to say it's been inspected by the Dutch camping organisation - not that it participates in the discount scheme.

In round figures I think there are something like 9,000 inspected sites, of which only circa 2,700 offer the discounts (ie the ones in the guidebook we use). But if they display the 'inspected' sticker, we always ask if they'll do the special rates. On another occasion, an owner said he couldn't quite match the ACSI rate, but nonetheless knocked 25% of the original price he'd quoted, which got him close to €18 (about €19.25, I think from memory).

So in my book, always worth asking in a friendly way.

Mike

OP
OP
chaser
Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Well I have never felt the need for acsi as we don't do campsites, but this time going for a month or so thought we would try one down the south of France for a few days mid trip, so started looking for one and could not believe the prices, anyway we looked at one that wanted 36 euros a night but did say it was half price for acsi so got to looking into it and got the card for £13.50 but that's in another thread, so instead of paying 108 euros for three nights we are now paying 54 so have saved 30 euros in the first use of the card, looks like a no brainer result to me even if we never use it again(y)
Actually reading my own post again , my maths wants sharpening up we have actually saved 40 euros on three nights

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back