ACSI: Not the great deal it originally was? (1 Viewer)

Jan 3, 2008
Pakefield, Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK
Funster No
MH
Looking
Exp
Took a while for someone to bite, but a dog owner always will at some point. :reel:
Seems to be dog in, sense of humour out.

Even so....
No, I wouldn't apply the same charges and discounts to children.
What a ridiculous concept.
Children are people they are family members, dogs are just animals.
How even the most miserable git can have a problem with children playing is beyond me. Camping of any kind is a family pastime. (There are adult only sites)
Children generally don't yap incessantly, don't threaten anyone near enough to be seen, don't slobber all over folk
...being friendly? don't shit all over the place.
Children's "owners" don't leave kid shit about the place as most dog owners do.
I'd sooner trip over a toy than step in dog shit, then spread it in in the van

That’s a very jaundiced view of dogs and their owners. I don’t know about dog in, sense of humour out. The reply certainly does not demonstrate a sense of humour and totally failed to take my post in the way it was meant, tounge in cheek. I do know I didn’t see much sense of humour in the initial post recommending higher charges for dog owners and discounts for non dog owners.

Just let me make this clear. Yes, I have a dog. It does not yap incessantly because I don’t let it. I don’t let it crap on sites or aires or other places where it could be a nuisance. If it should crap, and I mean crap anywhere, I clear it up immediately. My dog is not allowed to be a bloody nuisance.

There are thousands of dog owners like me who are responsible, admittedly a few who are not.

Motorhome users who don’t like what others do have a choice, either be more tolerant or move on.

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
Non dog owners should get reductions for being parked next to vans with small, yapping dogs in them.
Bloody nuisance.

And folk with no kids should get a discount parked up next to screaming weans:LOL:

We just bought the ACSI card and it’s oaid for itself over our 3night stay so anymore campsite stops and it’s a bonus having it.(y)

johnp10

Free Member
Oct 12, 2009
North Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
8 years ish
Love it.
:reel:
Just wanted to see who would bite.

A bite is guaranteed from most dog owners, same with cyclists.
Many folk will defend what they do as the only way.

I'll say again, I am not a dog hater, more of an angler....love a good bite.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jan 3, 2008
Funster No
MH
Looking
Exp
Love it.
:reel:
Just wanted to see who would bite.

A bite is guaranteed from most dog owners, same with cyclists.
Many folk will defend what they do as the only way.

I'll say again, I am not a dog hater, more of an angler....love a good bite.

Really, I doubt making purposefully contentious posts simply for the sake of getting to people to "Bite" or winding people up demonstrates much of a mutual enthusiasm for motor homing and associated matters and I cannot understand why someone intentionally wants to cause pointless argument just for the sake of it.:(

Jan 19, 2014
Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Elddis Accordo 105
Exp
since 2014
Really, I doubt making purposefully contentious posts simply for the sake of getting to people to "Bite" or winding people up demonstrates much of a mutual enthusiasm for motor homing and associated matters and I cannot understand why someone intentionally wants to cause pointless argument just for the sake of it.:(
The second part of the forum name is Fun. You've got to have a laugh in life, I thought it was funny anyway. I read the funny posts out to Ann :D2

Jan 26, 2017
Mid Suffolk.
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Inca
Exp
Eight Years and 28,000 Miles.
'cos he's a silly arse... This thread is about ACSI, so start your own love/hate dogs one.

We used ACSI sites a lot in September and October this year (France), they all charged what was quoted in the book, we will definitely get next years edition.

Jan 19, 2014
Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Elddis Accordo 105
Exp
since 2014
Just paid our renewal yesterday. £16.45 Inc postage. The prices will no doubt go up a euro every year until they bloody ruin it. Just like the British clubs :(

johnp10

Free Member
Oct 12, 2009
North Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
8 years ish
'cos he's a silly arse... This thread is about ACSI, so start your own love/hate dogs one.

We used ACSI sites a lot in September and October this year (France), they all charged what was quoted in the book, we will definitely get next years edition.

Thanks for that, Les.
The aim was not to be "contentious" as has been mentioned, but to have a bit of fun, not descend to personal insults when we have little else to say.
I won't respond to insults, have one on me if it makes you feel good.
Dogs were mentioned earlier in the thread, just seeing who was awake.
Not many, it took some time for the expected response.

Seems we may need to drop the "Fun" from the name and add "Up your Own", eh?

moggyg

Free Member
Sep 22, 2017
Scotland
Funster No
MH
Ace Firenze 2007
Exp
newbie - again
We are looking to get the 2018 edition and someone said due for mid December. Our ferry is booked for 2nd Jan so do you guys think it will arrive before we head off?

Would hate it sitting on my door step as we tour Europe unable to make use of it!

Yes, tight and Scottish, but the thought of a wasted 17.95 would kill me!

Ciao
Marco

BreweryDave

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2011
Alvor, Algarve
Funster No
MH
None now!
Exp
Ive just been on the acsi website to change my delivery address to Portugal. No problems there, I have a subscription so hopefully it will roll on. However, I wish they'd simply send the card, and give access to the app instead of having to send out the books! I bin them, and only use the app anyway, but of course you need to physically have the card which is inside the book! Would be nice to have the option, easier to post a card ( or email it as a PDF or similar) and have it all online imho.

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
I see we can but the app for £3odd or when and if we buy the 2018 edition you can have the app for free.

Apr 12, 2010
Bury St Edmunds, West Suffolk
Funster No
MH
Weinsberg Cara
Exp
since 2007
ACSI is all dependent on how many nights you use it in a year. Any more than 3/4 times you are saving money.
We used ours 20 + times this year, a bargain.
Phil

Jan 3, 2008
Funster No
MH
Looking
Exp
Thanks for that, Les.
The aim was not to be "contentious" as has been mentioned, but to have a bit of fun, not descend to personal insults when we have little else to say.
I won't respond to insults, have one on me if it makes you feel good.
Dogs were mentioned earlier in the thread, just seeing who was awake.
Not many, it took some time for the expected response.

Seems we may need to drop the "Fun" from the name and add "Up your Own", eh?

But surely, Les was just having a bit of fun seeing if if you would bite, were awake. :LOL:

klaatu

Free Member
Aug 10, 2013
Vienne, France
Funster No
MH
Globecar Summit 640
Exp
Since 2014
The ACSI scheme does cover the UK too - only a handful of sites in it, though, sadly.

Sep 18, 2010
Plymouth
Funster No
MH
Benimar 486 tessoro
Exp
2010?
We’re using acsi card at the moment at dawlish warren, lady’s mile site Devon. Swimming pool, bar, clubhouse, full Halloween entertainment all weekend £13 nite
Plus we got the sun this weekend bonus

Attachments

• 495E2087-DA8E-41DC-9559-FB2591DA65B5.jpeg
    495E2087-DA8E-41DC-9559-FB2591DA65B5.jpeg
    126.4 KB · Views: 8
Sep 18, 2010
Plymouth
Funster No
MH
Benimar 486 tessoro
Exp
2010?
The dawlish rail track, sat in sun

Attachments

• 56D6DCA3-C433-4FFD-937D-7903D75BE09E.jpeg
    56D6DCA3-C433-4FFD-937D-7903D75BE09E.jpeg
    184.5 KB · Views: 6

TerryL

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 5, 2010
North East
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
Although we tend to mostly use aires etc (we're not cheapskates, it's just that we don't see the need to pay for stuff we don't use, and just to prove it..>.>.) we do occasionally like to spend a couple of nights at a "proper" site to get washing done, proper showers etc. The ACSI scheme is great, not only because it's reasonably priced but all the sites are regularly inspected and have full descriptions in the book(s) so you know what to expect when you get there. We always get our moneys worth.

We order direct from ACSI and it arrives before Christmas. But last year it didn't and I subsequently discovered that the re-order had failed because my credit card details had changed! It did eventually arrive but by then we were away and ended up buying a Spanish version, just to get the card. We still saved the cost though. Shame there aren't more sites in the UK.

Jun 12, 2016
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Globecar Revolution
Exp
Since 2006
If you order via the camping and caravan club you can get it for £12.99 including postage
Need to order before 1st November

Jan 3, 2008
Funster No
MH
Looking
Exp
Although we tend to mostly use aires etc (we're not cheapskates, it's just that we don't see the need to pay for stuff we don't use, and just to prove it..>.>.) we do occasionally like to spend a couple of nights at a "proper" site to get washing done, proper showers etc. The ACSI scheme is great, not only because it's reasonably priced but all the sites are regularly inspected and have full descriptions in the book(s) so you know what to expect when you get there. We always get our moneys worth.

We order direct from ACSI and it arrives before Christmas. But last year it didn't and I subsequently discovered that the re-order had failed because my credit card details had changed! It did eventually arrive but by then we were away and ended up buying a Spanish version, just to get the card. We still saved the cost though. Shame there aren't more sites in the UK.
Similarly we use Aires the majority of the time. We used to go to ACSI sites for the washing machines but for the last few years have found the ones at the larger supermarkets better, they are bigger and usually cheaper and more efficient. We do still use ACSI if we want to stay for several days and use local buses to visit the larger towns. It means we don’t have to look for the elusive town car parks and we know the motorhome is safe. I have noticed that the prices of some Aires, for example Le Touguet, have gone up and actually ACSI is only a few euros more. As you say, it would be gray to have more in the UK.

I did get caught out last month in Wales. We arrived at a site proudly displaying the ACSI sign, when I asked for my discount and produced my card they said that they had been inspected by ACSI but don’t belong to the discount scheme.

Mar 11, 2013
Gillingham
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
since 2005
Thanks Garfields wasn't aware of that saving.☺

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun