Free Member
Jan 17, 2011
Malaga, Spain
Funster No
MH
A Class. FFB Tabbert 570
Exp
Since 2010
Just received an e mail inviting me to try the new app.
Anybody using, or planning to use, the ACSI App, priced per country or at £12.99 for complete package. Be interested in views before plunging in and buying........... how much technology do we need?

Bryan

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
I think I will watch this thread.

Seems a bit pricey.

Dec 6, 2011
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Coach built Adria
Exp
Since 2007
you can buy the app in bits i.e. France on its own for £2.99. i have been a user of their interactive DVD but for some reason the 2015 update has a bug! and wont run on 5 PC 's ive tried it on so they refunded me. then downloaded the app and only the France maps for now to see how it goes.

much better than the books, but not as good as a working version of the DVD but easier access.

you do not need all the £12.99 download in one go it can be built as much as you want.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Dec 6, 2011
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Coach built Adria
Exp
Since 2007
PS; when you download the App ( without payment ) you get a sample view which you can play with before you buy to see what its like; dont like it bin it.
for me it is much easier to look at a map with the sites marked and Zoom in to a given site and call up pictures and info about the site and area.
to me its a winner if there aint too many bugs. which i have not encountered as yet. will be using it in anger in a few months.

lesleyjean

Free Member
Jun 21, 2008
Funster No
MH
A class
Sorry there are two apps ACSI and Camping Card. I use the Camping card app which is like the acsi camping card books.
It gives details of all the off peak rated camp sites throughout Europe.
I don't know what the difference is between the two as the Camping Card one I use can be used offline and offers directions to sites and information on all sites listed.

Hymie

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 29, 2013
Essex
Funster No
MH
Classic Hymer B564
Exp
Since 1981
It's a bit weird, this app.

it was 2.80 for the entire known universe, as already an ACSI member, but it is the same app either as the CC app or the ACSI app but, if you d/l'd it through the ACSI app it won't let you use it through the CC app and vice versa.

Very useful though, as said previously, can be used off-line, loads of info about sites and if on-line you can go direct to sites website.

Wouldn't be without it now, used it in Holland, Belgium and France last year and it saved us a fortune.

Hymie.

Dec 6, 2011
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Coach built Adria
Exp
Since 2007
It's a bit weird, this app.

it was 2.80 for the entire known universe, as already an ACSI member, but it is the same app either as the CC app or the ACSI app but, if you d/l'd it through the ACSI app it won't let you use it through the CC app and vice versa.

Very useful though, as said previously, can be used off-line, loads of info about sites and if on-line you can go direct to sites website.

Wouldn't be without it now, used it in Holland, Belgium and France last year and it saved us a fortune.

Hymie.

the new App was not available until Late nov 14 for Ipad etc and mid January for Andriod so there may be another or just a complete update.
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=eu.acsi.europa

May 5, 2014
Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Beginners, got Doggy the van - March 2014
The CampingCard App COVERED ONLY 2800 camps that offer out of season discount, you can use the App for a yearly payment of £2.80 if you got the 2015 CC ACSI card.
The ACSI App covered 8200 camps in Europe and you can buy each country's map or the all Europe maps.

Dave and Ginny

Free Member
Jan 31, 2013
Nottingham
Funster No
MH
Hymer Starline 680
Exp
Since 2011, previously a tugger
I got it a couple of weeks ago and it seems fine. Really easy to use, on or off line with more pics than you get in the book and all the reviews for individual campsites. It has links to the camps Web Site, an email and phone link.
In map view it's really easy to move about, select a site and view it. It's good (y)

Dec 6, 2011
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Coach built Adria
Exp
Since 2007
there are 2 Camping card is one with the smaller number of sites on the other is ACSI Europe with many more sites.

both are identical in layout and operation however as far as i can see the CCARD one only has the discounted sites on whereas the ACSI one has ALL Acsi REGISTERED SITES, And as you can pay for only what you want with the ACSI App i think its better value.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back