ACSI....... help please. (1 Viewer)

Nov 19, 2010
Walking the dog
Funster No
MH
Hymer 680 Starline
Exp
since 2012
Previously, we have always auto-renewed our membership but for whatever reason, they didn't do it this year. So I have no book/card.

If I subscribe to the ACSI app, what happens when I book in at a campsite and they ask for the membership card?

How do I prove my membership?

Thanks.

Terry

Dec 6, 2011
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Coach built Adria
Exp
Since 2007
you need the book for the discount card.

you can buy in the UK from Vicarious books, or at may campsites in the EU

the app does not give you the discount

Jan 25, 2018
Leicester, England
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
We had the same problem last year. We had been issued with a new bank card but obviously ACSI were unaware of this so were unable to issue a new card. Give them a call with your new card details and they'll issue you a new card.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Dec 6, 2011
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Coach built Adria
Exp
Since 2007
as we probably all know there are 2 cards

the Camping carnet ? ID ( you wont normally get the site fee discount with this card )

and the discount card which you only get in the books.

Deleted User
Acsi are a right pain to deal with. I was a member for years and they would send the book and camping carnet to my winter campite in Spain. A few years ago they emailed me to say they would only post the book to my home address as many we're going missing. I replied .... What about people who live in Spain.... but that was no good and also that I wasn't there for delivery but they wouldn't budge on their decision so I cancelled my membership and direct debit. The following year I ordered a book as a non member while on a Spanish campsite and it was delivered to me there - work that out. For the last couple of years I bought one from the camping shop opposite El Raco but this year I couldn't be bothered. I suggested to them that they should move with the digital age and offer the app and a smartphone e-card because I didn't need the book only a form of identity and they could save on printing costs.... it fell on deaf ears.

Last edited by a moderator:

jumartoo

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 19, 2015
Alhama de Murcia, Spain
Funster No
MH
Hymer Tramp
Exp
Since 1994
Some campsites stock the book *. If you can buy one there you can use the card immediately.

Where are you?

Edit

*And caravan/motorhome dealers.

Edit again

Martin says look on Acsi website to find who stock the book. They are listed on there

Apr 11, 2015
hull
Funster No
MH
Laika Ecovip 300
Exp
since 1988 with breaks until 2009
Cheapest place for the book last year was CMC according to a friend. We get it every year as a Christmas present from one of my sons.

Dec 6, 2011
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Coach built Adria
Exp
Since 2007
i do have to agree that the admin at ACSI is poor to say the very least. we have all sorts of minor issues with payments and double deliveries to having 3 accounts although we aonly set up 1. but its a great way of getting a discounted price throughout europe.

thats why i get the books from Vicarious in the uk.

Jul 9, 2018
Funster No
MH
Globecar Campscout
Exp
since 2016
Hi guys this is the first year we will be in Europe off season hopefully for extended periods of time, is the card worth buying and how much do you usually save per night. Tried to have a look for info on their site but couldnt find the info. We usually use a mixture of aires and campsites just trying to gauge the saving.
Thanks.

Dec 6, 2011
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Coach built Adria
Exp
Since 2007
We would not be without the ACSI discount card ( that comes in the books ) and we also have the ACSI camping carnet which is the separate ID card which substitutes in most places for showing your Passport.

Dec 6, 2011
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Coach built Adria
Exp
Since 2007
discounts vary but it is 99% of the time cheaper per night with the ACSI card.

Jan 25, 2018
Leicester, England
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Hi guys this is the first year we will be in Europe off season hopefully for extended periods of time, is the card worth buying and how much do you usually save per night. Tried to have a look for info on their site but couldnt find the info. We usually use a mixture of aires and campsites just trying to gauge the saving.
Thanks.

There can sometimes be some good savings. Last year we saved anything between a couple of euros and up to 20 euros at a campsite on a acsi pitch in Port Grimau.

Jul 29, 2013
Salisbury
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL A class
Exp
since 2011
We had the same problem last year. We had been issued with a new bank card but obviously ACSI were unaware of this so were unable to issue a new card. Give them a call with your new card details and they'll issue you a new card.
You still need the book for the discount card the card you are talking about is a camping carnet which is only to leave with reception instead of your passport.?

Jul 9, 2018
Funster No
MH
Globecar Campscout
Exp
since 2016
Thanks for the info going to get it along with the carnet £20 from the C and CC so will be able to save that relatively quickly id imagine. (y)

OP
OP
Terry242
Nov 19, 2010
Walking the dog
Funster No
MH
Hymer 680 Starline
Exp
since 2012
Some campsites stock the book *. If you can buy one there you can use the card immediately.

Where are you?

Edit

*And caravan/motorhome dealers.

Edit again

Martin says look on Acsi website to find who stock the book. They are listed on there

Judith, you know everything! ??

We're still at home but hoping to set off late this week. We've been held back because I've just had a hernia op.

Hope you and Mart are both well, if we get down as far as you, perhaps we can meet up.

Terry

Garratt

Free Member
Nov 9, 2016
Miskin
Funster No
MH
Rapido Dreamer D55+
Exp
Since 2017
If you are going to the show this week, you can buy a copy from their stand.

EFBF7C17-DEFD-4EB2-821F-95479E5A4D28.jpeg

Jul 9, 2018
Funster No
MH
Globecar Campscout
Exp
since 2016
Thanks for that im in Scotland so wont be there. The only time im near Birmingham is when im trying to get past it without any grief. Hasnt happened yet ???

Aug 26, 2008
B&NES
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
since 2007
I ordered mine from the CMC online shop. Fast service.

The only downside with the ACSI scheme is some participating sites will allocate you their smallest and least desirable pitches. (I have complained and been allowed to change pitch if the site is not busy). EHU amps can be restricted too.

The savings are still worthwhile.

Oct 29, 2016
Surrey
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
Motor Homing 5 years, caravan previously
I take it the ACSI membership runs from Dec to Dec each year then?, not 12 months from the date you apply?
Thanks for any info.
LES

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
since 2007.Tugger before since 1970
i do have to agree that the admin at ACSI is poor to say the very least. we have all sorts of minor issues with payments and double deliveries to having 3 accounts although we aonly set up 1. but its a great way of getting a discounted price throughout europe.

thats why i get the books from Vicarious in the uk.
Never ever had a problem using Vacarious Books,,not the cheapest but hassle free.BUSBY.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back