ACSI Guides or others? (1 Viewer)

Simon H.

Free Member
Feb 5, 2018
Funster No
Just bought our first motorhome and looking at planning our first trip both locally and throughout Europe.

It looks like you can purchase many guides on campsites and aires. I've come across the ACSI guides. Any thoughts on this or others.

I like the look of their Aires guides as this could suit our style of touring.

Cheers

Simon H.

Jan 26, 2017
Mid Suffolk.
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Inca
Exp
Eight Years and 28,000 Miles.
Some folk don't like books, some like me use whatever is available taking cost into account.

I like and use the ACSI discount card and books, there are many other publications and apps available, the choice is endless (well almost).. Camperstop Europe is a good book for aires. and their app is also good to have.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

mikebeaches

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 22, 2010
Bristol
Funster No
MH
Rapido V68 Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2009
Some folk don't like books, some like me use whatever is available taking cost into account.

I like and use the ACSI discount card and books, there are many other publications and apps available, the choice is endless (well almost).. Camperstop Europe is a good book for aires. and their app is also good to have.
Exactly as LesW said.

We use apps and online resources, but also have the ACSI discount card, which is contained in the relevant guidebooks.

ACSI is a large Dutch camping organisation. They inspect campsites each year (approx 10,000 I think) and publish a number of guidebooks.

From memory, I think about 3,500 sites participate in the discount scheme, out of the 10k odd that they inspect. This operates outside absolute peak season in most cases.

It's important to make sure you get the right guide and card for your needs.

Personally, I think the discount scheme is excellent - even though the most expensive price band at 19 Euro, is getting a tad pricy given the exchange rate - but most sites are good quality, especially the 19 Euro ones.

www.campingcard.co.uk

There is a handy app with the discount sites, but it costs a few extra Euro - and you still need to purchase the guide(s) to get the discount card.

Upvote 0

suavecarve

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2009
Surrey/Hants
Funster No
MH
Rollerteam 685
Exp
July 09
It is all going to depend upon your style of using your motorhome.

If you want absolutely free, then you use search for sites and stay on aires
If you don't mind paying a bit then campercontact and stay on aires
If you want a bigger nicer selection then pay 25 nicker for France Passion so you can stay at vineyards and oyster farms etc
If you want a book then all the aires
If you want to stop at campsites and pay each night then ACSI.
If you want everything then buy everything !

Searchfor sites then download that onto Maps.me is my preference though I have all the aires books (wont be buying them again) have had france passion (not in france enough to justify it this year) and trying out ACSI for the first time this year (going to try a couple or three campsites)

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Simon H.

Simon H.

Free Member
Feb 5, 2018
Funster No
Great replies and advice thanks. I'm guessing that the benefit of the Subscription add on is the out of season discounts? We aim to travel from end of May to end of August.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

mikebeaches

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 22, 2010
Bristol
Funster No
MH
Rapido V68 Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2009
Great replies and advice thanks. I'm guessing that the benefit of the Subscription add on is the out of season discounts? We aim to travel from end of May to end of August.
You got it in one! The discounts are unlikely to be available at most places from mid-July until towards the end of August - and at some sites, slightly longer blackout dates, it varies from place to place.

But yes, you can save the guidebook cost/membership cost in as little as a couple of nights - so for May and June should be fine.

It's easy to research if it will work for you and all the availability dates, by using the camping card link in my previous post - and search the area / sites that might be of interest.

The ACSI discount scheme is hugely flexible - usually, just turn up and show the card... and that's it! (y)

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Simon H.

Simon H.

Free Member
Feb 5, 2018
Funster No
Ok, last (perhaps) last question: Do you buy the Camp Site Guides or the Camping Card ACSI Guide books or are they same? They seem to be different beasts?

Upvote 0
Jan 26, 2017
Mid Suffolk.
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Inca
Exp
Eight Years and 28,000 Miles.
Ok, last (perhaps) last question: Do you buy the Camp Site Guides or the Camping Card ACSI Guide books or are they same? They seem to be different beasts?
The Camping Card ACSI is the discount one, the other is just a guide.

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back