Free Member
Jan 2, 2009
Cheddar Somerset
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
nine years
We are on our last Aire before reaching Dieppe tomorrow and the ferry after spending six months in southern Spain and France.

I have used my ACSI card twice on the journey back, once in Spain and once in France.

Has anyone else experienced a dearer price charged than what is quoted in the book? Both the sites we have stayed on charged 16 Euro per night but on paying they both wanted another 1 Euro per night for Tax.

In the ACSI book it is supposed to include electricity and VAT.

I am going to e-mail ACSI and ask their advice but wondered if anyone else has come across the same practice. :Angry::Angry:

Feb 22, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Nearly Tugging
Exp
Since 2004
We were in Spain and Portugal in Feb/March used ACSI several times and price always as advertised.
Perhaps you were unlucky .

Dec 23, 2007
Wirral
Funster No
MH
Hobby Van Kenobi
Exp
started when I was 11 with my parents-forgot to stop!been real one since 1980!
This happens in the sites books in the UK that the clubs publish. Prices fluctuate especially in the Euro zone. Whats 1 euro between friends?
Think of it as redressing the balance for the free aires you have used.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Deleted User
Tax charged is 'Taxe de Sejour' or tourist tax and is not VAT. Quite common for sites in France to do this, it is mentioned in the ACSI discount scheme conditions

• Tourist taxes, environmental taxes, waste disposal charges or any other local authority requirements. As these differ greatly by country and region, and because the campsite usually pays these charges directly to the local authorities these taxes are not included in the CampingCard rate.

Last edited by a moderator:
Dec 6, 2011
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Coach built Adria
Exp
Since 2007
as stated above its tourist tax which as i understand it depends on the region you are in as to if and how much:thumb:

ukbill

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 3, 2011
Pinoso
Funster No
MH
4 berth low profile
Exp
starting on saturday 10/3/2012
yes i have paid 1E tax a few times as for emailing acsi lol dont bother i have emailed them regarding diff things a few times and no response

steveclecy

Free Member
Jun 10, 2009
Wirral
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since June 2009
You may help others if you do a review on the ACSI campsites you visited and share your experiences

Will not help you I know.

Steve

Nov 12, 2010
Northamptonshire
Funster No
MH
Hi Top
Exp
5 Years
Electricity can be extra

The ACSI charge includes only a specified amount of electricity, can't remember the exact amount, but it is in the T&Cs in the guide. If you use more you can be charged for it.
The amount is quite reasonable, it equates roughly to a fully utilised 6 amp connection

Welsh girl

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 7, 2009
Funster No
MH
Globecar
Exp
Since 2004
As stated we have been charged extra and it had been explained that's its a tourist tax, mostly its only 22 cents each but on one occasion it was one euro, some regions charge more than other, some don't charge at all.
Its 6 amp you are entitled to but its only once we have been charged extra for 10 amp where available we won't bother again, as long as you are careful that's all you need anyway.
With no heating I can run my halogen oven and my microwave off that at the same time .

makems

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 23, 2011
Ingleby Barwick,,Teesside
Funster No
MH
Sadly had to give up
Exp
2010-2017
In the last year we have used our ACSI card in Germany, Holland, France, Luxembourg and Spain.
The only place we were charged extra (and it was for tourist tax) was at Den Haag in Holland.

goldenline

Free Member
Jun 6, 2012
Port Grimaud France
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
It is taxe de sejour normally charged per person and is set by the marie. That is the case in France not sure about Spain

SoapyTutti

Free Member
Jan 21, 2013
East Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
coach built
Exp
"I'm a newbie"
ACSI Card

Hi,

We are currently touring Europe and in France at present and very happy with the ACSI card so far the extra we have paid is the Tourist Tax which appears to fluctuate from region to region but overall very happy and as per quoted in the book.

Hope you had a great time!!!!:Smile::Smile:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back