ACSI card (1 Viewer)

Aug 4, 2016
Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Vantage Neo
Exp
Since 2003
Can anyone tell me does the card last 12months from purchase or Jan-Dec, there website just says "1 calendar year"

denisejoe

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 6, 2014
Warden isle of sheppy
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2004
It's from January to December, which can be a pain if you happen to be away during that time before the new books are issued!

OP
OP
csd4t
Aug 4, 2016
Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Vantage Neo
Exp
Since 2003
Thanks thought so, probably not bother this year then.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
You can often buy the books and card from campsites. The books might be in Spanish or French though. :)

RedFrame

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 2, 2017
Chester
Funster No
MH
Self Build W907 PVC
Exp
Sept 2017
Thanks thought so, probably not bother this year then.

Depends if you're heading abroad this year, depending on where you buy it from, it is possible to save the cost of ACSI in one or two nights out of season...

Cheers
Bannock, Chris and Red.

Deneb

Free Member
Oct 20, 2015
Europe
Funster No
MH
PVC
Depends if you're heading abroad this year, depending on where you buy it from, it is possible to save the cost of ACSI in one or two nights out of season...

Definitely. One example, I booked a couple of nights in advance on a Dutch site a few months ago. Going direct to the site's website, cost was 47 euros a night, EHU extra. I booked through the ACSI app, 20 euros a night, EHU included (y)

Baileysbus

Free Member
Aug 2, 2016
Fife
Funster No
Exp
Start of 2016
Just ordered our card for our “tour de France” in September ?. Will definitely make the cost back while we are away.

MichaelT

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 12, 2015
Colchester
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Esprit I7150 EB
Exp
Since 2016
Do they actually ask for the ASCI card when you arrive on site?

Feb 13, 2013
Edinburgh
Funster No
MH
Rapido 881F
Exp
Since 2015
If you want the ACSI rate then yes you do need to present the card!

Jan 29, 2017
Gloucestershire
Funster No
MH
Lunar Champ H621
Exp
15yrs
If you have time before you go its worth buying the ACSI Club ID card.
Not the same as the discount card that comes inside the books
It is widely accepted and retained as proof of ID, much safer for you then letting your passport languish in a site office's pigeonhole whilst you are there. Also has some insurance aspects included.
You order it online, ours took about 10 days to come through, very efficient

Mike & Ann

EMS

Jan 8, 2010
Hants Sussex border near
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt Low
Exp
Started 2009!
They do check the sites, we met a couple of the checkers this spring in Holland, unfortunately they had not booked(I wonder why?) and it was full so they had to park in the entrance parking.
Very friendly people and we were using the card and it was asked for.

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
since 2007.Tugger before since 1970
If you have time before you go its worth buying the ACSI Club ID card.
Not the same as the discount card that comes inside the books
It is widely accepted and retained as proof of ID, much safer for you then letting your passport languish in a site office's pigeonhole whilst you are there. Also has some insurance aspects included.
You order it online, ours took about 10 days to come through, very efficient

Mike & Ann
don't think any site keeps your passport now,,they just scan it.In Spain you need to carry ID at all times so you would be silly to go out without your passport..BUSBY.

Deneb

Free Member
Oct 20, 2015
Europe
Funster No
MH
PVC
Never been asked to surrender my passport in France, but it seemed quite common in Holland earlier this year for sites to want to keep my passport, although they all accepted the ACSI ID card instead when I mentioned it.

Not sure if sites would ask for it if booked in advance, but we often turn up on spec and leave the length of our stay undetermined depending what we discover in the area. I have always thought it would make sense for sites to take financial deposits or advance payment in those circumstances, but it seems the norm to only want payment when you book out, so they presumably want a passport as security.

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).
don't think any site keeps your passport now,,
We were at a site in Italy, at Peschiera, and the receptionist demanded that I hand over our passports. I offered her photo copies I had already, as well as the ACSI Card. I even offered her to scan the passports, but no way was I parting with them. In the end, I got so peed off with her that I advised her to phone the Caribnieri, to come and sort the security issue out. It was at that point she relented, and scanned them.

There is no way I am handing over our passports to a total stranger, who clearly doesn't have our best interests at heart. :mad:

Cheers,

Jock. :)

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
since 2007.Tugger before since 1970
Never been asked to surrender my passport in France, but it seemed quite common in Holland earlier this year for sites to want to keep my passport, although they all accepted the ACSI ID card instead when I mentioned it.

Not sure if sites would ask for it if booked in advance, but we often turn up on spec and leave the length of our stay undetermined depending what we discover in the area. I have always thought it would make sense for sites to take financial deposits or advance payment in those circumstances, but it seems the norm to only want payment when you book out, so they presumably want a passport as security.
Then what would you use for ID if stopped by the police when out.Never give your passport up or let it out of your site.BUSBY.

Deneb

Free Member
Oct 20, 2015
Europe
Funster No
MH
PVC
Then what would you use for ID if stopped by the police when out.Never give your passport up or let it out of your site.BUSBY.
My passport or driving licence. That's why I have an ACSI ID card!

Jan 29, 2017
Gloucestershire
Funster No
MH
Lunar Champ H621
Exp
15yrs
Yes you are right, sites these days seem to be quite happy to take a photocopy of the passport when you arrive.
I also carry photocopies of our passports, much prefer the real thing to stay locked in the safe.
Never yet been asked to prove ID
But was very concerned when I saw all those passports just stuffed in open pigeon holes in the back of camping reception.
Mike& Ann

Jan 29, 2017
Gloucestershire
Funster No
MH
Lunar Champ H621
Exp
15yrs
Don't know.but I suspect they wouldn't accept that as I'd, they may not even know about it.
I would offer it and try whilst keeping my passport in my pocket.
I don't have a problem with someone's photocopying it in front of me.
Anyway can't afford or need these full price site's! The acsi system works very well even sets out in the book what the site needs to give you, in some cases they even give you the shower tokens as acsi says a shower a day is included
Mike and Ann

Last edited:
Jul 5, 2013
Tunbridge Wells, Tunbridge Wells, UK
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2013
Can't remember the last time a site wanted to keep our passports for the stay. Often asked to show them, but all they do is scan, or occasionally just copy, them and then hand them back.

Jun 10, 2013
Sussex
Funster No
MH
van conversion
Exp
Festivals
Thanks for that, we'll rely on a carrying a bunch of xeroxes of our passports.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back