Free Member
May 2, 2016
Devon
Funster No
MH
Rapido 999M
Exp
Since 2010
Hi all, I’ve got my new, and first ever ACSI card and it seems you can only use it by presenting it at the site reception. What happens if you want to pre-book a site online? I’m looking at booking an ACSI-accepted site online but there's no mention of using your card anywhere.
I guess the site will not give you a refund if you then turn up with an ACSI card in your hand?
Or, does it only work by turning up in person and hoping there's room for you?

May 31, 2015
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Ducato PVC
Exp
Getting Better
As the dude said, unusual for full payment, deposit only, if I stay on a site it’s always an ACSI site... when and where are you going...?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
Dec 22, 2013
Teesside
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt low profile
Exp
since 2011
Most people who use ACSI just turn up without booking and manage to get a pitch, I have used it for years and never pre booked and never had a problem. It may be busier around some of the popular ones in southern Spain but there is usually a space available, if one site is full try the next one.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
webdev

webdev

Free Member
May 2, 2016
Devon
Funster No
MH
Rapido 999M
Exp
Since 2010
The site is Erwlon nr. Llandovery, Wales. I’m accessing the site through the ACSI app, but the prices come up the same as using a regular browser, i.e. £32 for 2 nights in February. Full price has to be paid at time of booking.

Upvote 0
Sep 25, 2009
south yorkshire
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
since 2004. Tugger 10 years on and off
I use a site in Cornwall. They won't let you book in advance if you are using Acsi. Tried doing same in France with same result. Just told to turn up.which is ok if you know they have plenty of room

Upvote 0

Anthea M

Free Member
Deceased RIP
Oct 18, 2015
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Hobby
Exp
Since 2009
I've just ordered ours for our trip in the sun and am awaiting it in anticipation !We did go for the app option too.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

klaatu

Free Member
Aug 10, 2013
Vienne, France
Funster No
MH
Globecar Summit 640
Exp
Since 2014
Got my new ACSI card a couple of days ago, delivered to the site in Spain we’re staying on. Didn’t I read somewhere that new this year is the ability to book some sites using the app?

Upvote 0
Dec 24, 2014
Hurstpierpoint. Mid Sussex.
Funster No
MH
Compass Navigator
Exp
Ever since lighting was by Calor gas.
I tour very infrequently and briefly in U.K., always CLs or Britstops and never been asked for a deposit, but I've booked online in France once (it was imperative to get a pitch there for a specific three day festival period for me and my son and DIL in their caravan) and when we checked out the owner deducted the ACSI discount.

Upvote 0
Apr 25, 2014
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
Overhead cab
Exp
8 years
We never book ahead when travelling in Europe but, although we haven't used an ACSI site in the Uk, we often book ahead when in the UK because its usually so much busier. if you are in the UK could you ring them to check it out? I'd be interested to know for future reference.

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back