ACSI CARD or CAMPING CHEQUES? (1 Viewer)

2g2b2

Deleted User
hi all

new to this, planning to winter in Spain/Portugal/Morocco then do rest of Europe for a year, been surfing web lots looking for campsites :Eeek: now trying to work out whether its worth getting ACSI card and/or Camping Cheques? on initial look they do seem to represent good value but as with most things you never really know until you've done it.

Has anyone used either of these and are they any good?

thanks

2G

Apr 27, 2008
Eastbourne East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer low profile
Exp
Since 1972
I can recommend ACSI. Unlike camping cheques there is very little outlay about £8 which you can save in one night on some sites. ::bigsmile:
Camping cheques are, I beleive, non-refundable if you don't use them, which can lead to a loss if, like us, you don't really plan where you're going.

OP
OP

2g2b2

Deleted User
thanks

only problem is we are planning on going Beginning of November, which means i would buy this years card ok but how do i then get the 2009 card when we are travelling around? can you get post at campsites? or is there any other way i could pick it up?

2g

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Apr 27, 2008
Eastbourne East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer low profile
Exp
Since 1972
A good question, to which I don't have an answer:Blush:

I wouldn't be surprised if you can buy it from French book/magazine shops - I expect someone will know, alternatively if you stay in one place long enough Vicarious books will probably send it to you.:Cool:

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 9
Hi we use both but find the camping cheques only any good if you have a plan. In MHing who wants a plan?
The ACSI card is good and if you only stay on one site you will get your money back.
You say you are going to Belgium, I know for sure the books are available in book shops in Holland and Belgium as we brought our 2006 book there.
The book is also available in France from good book shops and most MH dealers of which there are plenty in France.

Braunston

Free Member
May 21, 2008
Funster No
Hi,

Quite a lot of the French sites that take the ACSI card also sell the books,

The other card that is worth carrying is the CCI as this quiet often will get you a 10% discount at sites that don't take the ACSI card, it also gives you a certain level of on site insurance and is usually acceptable in place of you passport at campsites, you can purchase one from the C&CC and i believe the CC here is a link which will tell you more

The Camping and Caravanning Club - Camping Card International

hope that helps

Road Runner

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Europe
Funster No
MH
yes
Exp
Since before Motorhomefun
i have caravan woith both the above schemes as a caravanner. When i bought a twin axled van i found it nessessary to phone ahead to see if the access to the site was good enough and the pitch size.

With a euro van you should be OK but with an RV you must check your site in Advance as we do here in the UK.

I have to say both the above schemes are brilliant:thumb:

Apr 27, 2008
Eastbourne East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer low profile
Exp
Since 1972
Always have the CCI (Camping Carnet) as I have always found it acceptable to sites in place of a passport. This year I forgot to get a new one when I went away in June but all sites were quit happy to accept last years. This may be because it has your passport number on it. I only once got a discount for it though.:winky:

Gonewiththewind

Free Member
Sep 13, 2007
Lancashire
Funster No
Exp
July 2007
I got the ACSI then went in July and August:ROFLMAO:
Used my carnet instead of passport.
And also have the Invitee Card for the French Farms and Vineyards.

But had a great time:thumb:

TravellingCliffs

Free Member
May 15, 2008
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
since 1999

ACSI is the way to go. If you are away at the turn of the year Vicarious books will post the book to whatever site you are on.

OP
OP

2g2b2

Deleted User
ok thanks all, guess its the ACSI card then but now i have another new thing to look up (invitee card?) never heard of this one, oh well more surfing

how did the song go......there are more questions than answers........

while i'm here, have been looking at insurance/breakdown cover but cant seem to find any company that will cover you whilst in Morocco, i know some of you guys have been there so who did you go to for cover and which part of your anatomy did you have to sell to afford it:roflmto:

OP
OP

2g2b2

Deleted User

ok give up, what is an invitee card, cant find reference to it anywhere, where do you get one from?

2g

bevo

Free Member
Nov 15, 2008
north west
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
acsi card

hi there we have used acsi cards all over europe, and the new one for 2009 is only available in december.
but on our travells many campsites that use the acsi sceme have the books with cards for sale.

2escapees

Deleted User
ACSI every time and most sites will accept last years card during Jan and Feb if you are away from home. But as stated earlier some sell the book and card.

bobandjanie

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 28, 2008
Javea, Spain
Funster No
MH
Pilote V600g
Exp
Hi the ACSI CARD is a must in Spain, or you could pay 33 euros for a site that cost 14 euros in the book. We have the same problem going in January, but so far its come in time, but he will post it to a site if need be.:thumb:We just keep ringing in December and as soon as they come in, you get it the next day.:winky:

I have been looking at this: Link Removed

We are going to Portugal, and most sites in the ACSI book are the same, and cheaper to buy. And you still get a discount, but sites are less in Portugal so the saving is less.

BUT with the Orbitur card, you get 10% discount and up to 30% in low season, me being a youngster at 53 ::bigsmile: has to pay 15 euros.:cry:

BUT for all you OAP its FREE. Just click on the box top left, that says camping club.:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:Bob.

sostas

Free Member
Nov 16, 2007
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
To the best of my knowledge Camping Cheques are valid for 2 years and they can be refunded for the cost of one cheque. :Smile:
Sostas

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back